By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Race is on - 360 vrs PS3 (holiday '07)

@ Darc Requiem

Grow up.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

Apparently if you challenge MikeB to back up his position and call him on the carpet for making blatant errors in his posts, you're a cheapshotter and need to grow up.

Good to know.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I think the PS3's main problem is the fact that generally gamers who want some serious power in there machines tend to be FPS fans and in that category the only creation in the world that tops the 360 in that department is the PC.

Currently Playing: Gears 2, World at War, GTA IV, Banjo Nuts and Bolts

The Greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Stephen Hawking

@ rocketpig

Quit it with the cheapshots, this thread is unrelated. I made a minor mistake copy & pasting, I updated this in that NeoGAF but the conclusions remained the same (the Blu-Ray image was downscaled thus alike) I asked other to provide better comparison shots but nothing followed, the thread I link to was most informative.

Now can you please get back on topic? I don't car if you a XBox 360 fanboy or not....

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

MikeB said:
@ rocketpig

Quit it with the cheapshots, this thread is unrelated. I made a minor mistake copy & pasting, I updated this in that NeoGAF but the conclusions remained the same (the Blu-Ray image was downscaled thus alike) I asked other to provide better comparison shots but nothing followed, the thread I link to was most informative.

Now can you please get back on topic? I don't car if you a XBox 360 fanboy or not....

I find it humorous that you so desperately want to go back on topic now after derailing countless threads over the past few months. I haven't seen you post in an Xbox-related thread once without talking about Blu-ray or Cell, no matter what the original poster was talking about.

Around the Network
MikeB said:
@ Darc Requiem

Grow up.

I don't want to be accused of taking cheapshots, but the irony in this post is simply delicious.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

MikeB said:
@ rocketpig

Downscaling, depending on how it is done, an HD source to DVD resolution will look *much* better than displaying a regular DVD.  You should know that, MikeB -- you act as though you have a good technical background.

rocketpig said:
MikeB said:
@ rocketpig

I find it humorous that you so desperately want to go back on topic now after derailing countless threads over the past few months. I haven't seen you post in an Xbox-related thread once without talking about Blu-ray or Cell, no matter what the original poster was talking about.

Come on now, I did respond to off topic remarks like almost everyone here seems to do. IMO criticize those who initiate this instead if you want. I have no problem with side discussions myself on technical or market related data, I only have issues with personal attacks and cheapshots diverting threads (of course this may happen if good arguments are brought forward the poster may not agree with, IMO as a mod you should then take action, what else are you a mod for? Allow Wii, XBox 360 fan initiated flamebait (because mods agree with it?) and ban or moderate the PS3 almost fanboys exclusively, not very objectively handling stuff in many cases, IMO as an ex moderator for various websites that seems to have been the case a lot of the time...).

Please no more of this.

PS3 vs 360 sales

No one here has cheapshotted you or launched a personal attack on you, Mike. If you're going to so adamantly argue the power of Cell and Blu-ray in every thread, you better be ready to back up those positions and take the flack when you post blatantly false information and pass it off as truth.

Anyway, enough of this. The thread doesn't need to turn into a "point at MikeB and laugh" fiasco. Let's heed his wishes and get back on topic, everyone.

rocketpig said:
No one here has cheapshotted you or launched a personal attack on you, Mike. If you're going to so adamantly argue the power of Cell and Blu-ray in every thread, you better be ready to back up those positions and take the flack when you post blatantly false information and pass it off as truth.

Anyway, enough of this. The thread doesn't need to turn into a "point at MikeB and laugh" fiasco. Let's heed his wishes and get back on topic, everyone.

OK according to you Blu-Ray and Cell offer no benefits for gaming, many expert games developers and myself disagree. I have backed up every statement I made with 3rd party examples.

So you think this is all bullshit, I don't agree. We have a difference of opinion, Let's leave it at that instead of making cheapshots claiming I am just spreading "blatantly false information" (Yes I probably have an exclusive patent on this or something...). IMO as a mod you should try to stay above this all.

PS3 vs 360 sales