By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The VGC Official Monster Hunter Tri Thread

So, I never really thought anything about this game. Never thought to buy it or anything. So then I was at Blockbuster, and I saw it, so I decided to rent it. All I've done so far is the Arena Mode, and soon I will start on the story mode. I'll post what I think of it so far soon.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network
mysticwolf said:

So, I never really thought anything about this game. Never thought to buy it or anything. So then I was at Blockbuster, and I saw it, so I decided to rent it. All I've done so far is the Arena Mode, and soon I will start on the story mode. I'll post what I think of it so far soon.

This game is a great time online. The single player starts off kinda slow but I'm totally hooked now. If I didn't just get my new 360 I'd be playing right now.

The game is the most hardcore of the hardcore in everyway. Its hard and a lot of it is not very well explained, or the info is very easy to overlook. Its soooo frigin good!

Downside? God damn voice chat. We use Teamspeak on our pc's while we play. Me, Djright and Jiffi. I would love more to get on, its free but you will need a pc near you while you play.

Hope to see you on.

Kage848 said:
mysticwolf said:

This game is a great time online. The single player starts off kinda slow but I'm totally hooked now. If I didn't just get my new 360 I'd be playing right now.

The game is the most hardcore of the hardcore in everyway. Its hard and a lot of it is not very well explained, or the info is very easy to overlook. Its soooo frigin good!

Downside? God damn voice chat. We use Teamspeak on our pc's while we play. Me, Djright and Jiffi. I would love more to get on, its free but you will need a pc near you while you play.

Hope to see you on.

Who's Jiffi? LOL

This game's satisfaction comes from learning all the monster's moves and then being able to down it without getting hit yourself. The first encounter with a monster is always the hardest, and then it gets easier and easier, at least until you start fighting it and another monster at the same time... O_o

Currently playing: Gran Turismo 5
Just finished:
Infamous 2

So I got to HR 31 earlier today and you've gotta be freakin' kidding me.  All of the armor and weapons that I have are now basically worthless and I have start killing Jaggis for a Jaggi  equipment set?  Don't get me wrong, I'm hooked and am up for the challenge, but this game is nuts.  Did I mention that you've gotta be freakin' kidding me? 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

spiffiness said:
Kage848 said:
mysticwolf said:

Hope to see you on.

Who's Jiffi? LOL

This game's satisfaction comes from learning all the monster's moves and then being able to down it without getting hit yourself. The first encounter with a monster is always the hardest, and then it gets easier and easier, at least until you start fighting it and another monster at the same time... O_o

lol sorry bro---um i mean, nm lol.

Im tired and stuff forgive me my friend lol. Djright is on atm I think if u want to play hit him up on steam.

Around the Network

So, I finished the first quest. I like this game so far. I love the graphics, and especially the water effects. They are beautiful. I like the gameplay, but I'm not in love with it, at least not yet. One thing I don't like is the small text when talking to characters. It's too small, and it makes my eyes hurt.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

mysticwolf said:

So, I finished the first quest. I like this game so far. I love the graphics, and especially the water effects. They are beautiful. I like the gameplay, but I'm not in love with it, at least not yet. One thing I don't like is the small text when talking to characters. It's too small, and it makes my eyes hurt.

Lol i dont read anything anymore lol. Sometimes I guess I should lol. The combat takes some getting used to. It's very SKILL based. Like you will get better and when you do you will feel good about it.

amp316 said:

So I got to HR 31 earlier today and you've gotta be freakin' kidding me.  All of the armor and weapons that I have are now basically worthless and I have start killing Jaggis for a Jaggi  equipment set?  Don't get me wrong, I'm hooked and am up for the challenge, but this game is nuts.  Did I mention that you've gotta be freakin' kidding me? 

not completely worthless, you can upgrade your old shit now and as far as defense goes, it will be the same as plus armer. I found Ratholos armer EXTREMELY easy to upgrade.

My suggestion, get Quru armer to hold you over until you can get rath parts.

Here is an example- I have 399 defense with fully upgraded Regular Ratholos armer, I also have 399 defense with Fully upgraded Agnaktor armer.

Really the only difference is the skills, and in a few cases, I prefer the low rank skills.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Yiha, I can now officialy handle Lagiacrus by myself !!!!!   o/  (offline)

My setup : Full Ingot armor, with 10 thunder resistance, and Peco FLint. Bring a lot of energy drink !

noname2200 said:
blunty51 said:

Guys....I've finally seen the big deal with online...." " PARTS!!! And whatever else!!

So...I kinda want to play it...I'm pretty much a noob online i suppose but I'm doing pretty well offline.

Is it a real setback to play with a noob like me? I've got some talent.

Not at all!  In fact, Thursday and Sunday nights are specifically devoted to the lower HR people, but most of us are up for any quest whenever.  What's your name?

Name: Bluntman

ID: 9MDX1E

I'll check for ya'll later