By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The VGC Official Monster Hunter Tri Thread

I'm looking for a group to get together and do the Alluring Dress event a few times, as going solo was a complete chore. Anyone interested?

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
I'm looking for a group to get together and do the Alluring Dress event a few times, as going solo was a complete chore. Anyone interested?

If severing Barroth's tail (just once!) is the tradeoff, i could get in on that. Especially for more of those Advanced Armor Spheres in the bargain. Though a 4-man team would be ideal for that mission. Is it just Royal Ludroth that the game can sic on you, or can Gobul or Lagiacrus invade that event too?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
noname2200 said:

If severing Barroth's tail (just once!) is the tradeoff, i could get in on that. Especially for more of those Advanced Armor Spheres in the bargain. Though a 4-man team would be ideal for that mission. Is it just Royal Ludroth that the game can sic on you, or can Gobul or Lagiacrus invade that event too?

I think we can arrange something...

And yeah, so far it's just been the Ludroth, so I'm guessing it's the only monster that crashes the party.

I'll get it soon, just 2 more weeks, I can't wait..........
Honestly a question to all of you:
Is it really that awesome as everyone says?

morenoingrato said:

That's a tough call, actually.

On the one hand, I'm pushing 100 hours, and I enjoyed most of them.

On the other hand, it's got a lot of things that drive me nuts, and it literally takes a few hours until you get into it.

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:

The game gets a bit boring after 130 hours of daily play.

Tried the Barrioth offline today and got beaten bad. I have no problems with Lagiacrus, Diablos and Rathalos, but Barioth is just too damn hard for me!

Chrizum said:
morenoingrato said:

Tried the Barrioth offline today and got beaten bad. I have no problems with Lagiacrus, Diablos and Rathalos, but Barioth is just too damn hard for me!

Really? I had no problem with him, Diablos seems way harder. Just bring fast weapons with you, SnS being the best for starters. Fire element is a must too.

Great Baggi mission kicked my ass. Not because of Great Baggi, but damned Gigginox. Dung Bomb needs to be more reliable.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

routsounmanman said:
Chrizum said:
morenoingrato said:

Really? I had no problem with him, Diablos seems way harder. Just bring fast weapons with you, SnS being the best for starters. Fire element is a must too.

I'm trying to beat him with the longsword (Wyvernfire). It deals fire damage and is quite fast, but it can't block.

I have no sword and shield with fire damage.

Chrizum said:

I'm trying to beat him with the longsword (Wyvernfire). It deals fire damage and is quite fast, but it can't block.

I have no sword and shield with fire damage.

Use his speed against him: when he does his pounce attacks, roll if you're close, or stand still if you're not.  He'll end up right next to you if you do the latter.  Barioth tuckers himself out after five minutes or so, and once you break either wing he takes longer to recover from his attacks.  From there, just break the tail, watch the breath attack, and consider him bagged.