By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The VGC Official Monster Hunter Tri Thread

Okay it's Monday, I'll be updating the OP today.

I wont be putting any lengthy information in the OP because of scale.

I'd like it to be easy to go through for most readers. I did post a information site and the Official Site in the OP though. Both have much more detail to input than I'd care to put in the OP again because of scale.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network
dib8rman said:
Okay it's Monday, I'll be updating the OP today.

I wont be putting any lengthy information in the OP because of scale.

I'd like it to be easy to go through for most readers. I did post a information site and the Official Site in the OP though. Both have much more detail to input than I'd care to put in the OP again because of scale.

Why am I not on the online ID list? My ID is PEPCA4 and my name is Chrizum

I just got the Rathalos Flamesword, I couldn't play with the Gun Hammer+ so I sold it. I'm better with the Great Sword. I got Lagia Wildfire (P) and Rathalos Flamesword and I'm thinking of getting a water element weapon. Any Suggestions?

I'm planning on playing tonight at 8 Pacific (8.5 hours from now). Same server/city as last time. Anyone's welcome to join!

PAL players: I'll be online from 22.00 GMT +1

I wanna hunt me some Gigginox

Around the Network
BoneArk said:

I just got the Rathalos Flamesword, I couldn't play with the Gun Hammer+ so I sold it. I'm better with the Great Sword. I got Lagia Wildfire (P) and Rathalos Flamesword and I'm thinking of getting a water element weapon. Any Suggestions?

Spiral Lance. It's pretty easy to make except for 2 Monster Bone L (which can only be easily obtained from Lagiacrus. One other boss, but the percent is low, but its like 20% for Lagi), and some of the more common Royal Ludroth parts.

Lance play has its similarities to GreatSword, except that blocking is both easier and far more advisable, but you have similarities in long windup times for the stronger attacks

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
BoneArk said:

Spiral Lance. It's pretty easy to make except for 2 Monster Bone L (which can only be easily obtained from Lagiacrus. One other boss, but the percent is low, but its like 20% for Lagi), and some of the more common Royal Ludroth parts.

If he's fighting Rathalos, he should be able to send the fishing fleet to hunt monsters as well.  The second zone often returns Monster Bone L's as part of their haul, thus saving the annoyance of farming that ingredient.

RolStoppable said:
So I got up to the four stars quests and I am a little bit disappointed. Those quests seem like a reboot to the online portion of the game with the major difference that gaining a higher hunter rank takes incredibly long now. Some questions:

1) Is it true that I get minus points from now on if I play something lower than four stars quests?
2) I've noticed that armor can be improved even more now. For example, is Rathalos+ armor created from scratch any better or worse than Rathalos+ armor created by improving regular Rathalos armor to level 7?
3) Which HR do I need to reach to play five and six stars quests respectively?
4) What's the highest possible HR in the game?

1) The points are reduced from lower rank quests. It's basically just harder to get HRP now.

2) Rathalos+ armor has a different skill set than Rathalos. Other than that, the armor for both can be upgraded to equivalent amounts, though generally the + series have better slots / skill point distributions. Also, it takes some high rank mats to upgrade the lower rank armor to high rank (huge boost in armor, gain color pigment, and rarity equal to its high rank). Check the wiki for details!

3) 40, then 51. You get the urgent at 39 and 50 for 5 / 6 star quests respectively. Again, check out the wiki! It'll tell you the key quests, so you may unlock the urgent as soon as you're ready (I hadn't done Rathian until 39).

4) 999, I believe. Yeah.

I was unaware that you could get Monster Bone L as a reward for cutting off Barroth's tail. Now i may actually be able to upgrade weapons before Lagiacrus. Still going to try Great Sword out for Great Baggi, though.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Updated the OP if I missed someone hit me in a message or wall with the info.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D