By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The VGC Official Monster Hunter Tri Thread

Mr Khan said:
c0rd said:
RolStoppable said:
Question regarding online quests: If I set the number of players allowed to join the quest to something lower than four, are the monsters weaker then?

Pretty sure they aren't.

I tried it before, and the monsters seemed like they had the same health. More noticeably, there was also still supplies for four people.

That's what makes it fun. You can hog Rations and First-aid meds.

I hate when ppl do that in 4 man run lol such a pain to deal with thoughs ppl.

Any way got 30 today! Kind of messed up on crafting somthing so i may have to go back and recaft also think i am going to try to get whim +15 for level 2 verson i like to use the horns.

Smash ID: Jski - 0559-6620-9873

Add me if you wish but PM me if you do.

Around the Network

I'll be online for the next hour or so if anyone wants to join me. Rookies2, City Gate 25, City 25.

So, is there a way to see other people's HR while in the city? I think I checked everything but I may have overlook something.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Tayne said:
So, is there a way to see other people's HR while in the city? I think I checked everything but I may have overlook something.

Can't you see it when you check their status in general? Just go up to them and hit A like you would approach any NPC to speak with them. Not sure if HR is included in that data, though.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I'll check next time I'm online. I never walked up to anyone and pressed A

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Around the Network

Another good run this evening, NoName. Aside from Rathian, but that last death was rather my fault directly, should have waited to harvest the tail... and my lance game against Jaggi/Baggi is rather horrid. I'm still adapted to them with Sword and Shield

Got in with a rather horrible group that seemed determined to fail a simple jaggi capture quest by not using the damned trap, so for the sake of HR gain i simply cleaned out the subquests, ended the travesty with gains, and ran before they could properly berate me.

RolStoppable said:
Mr Khan said:

Another good run this evening, NoName. Aside from Rathian, but that last death was rather my fault directly, should have waited to harvest the tail... and my lance game against Jaggi/Baggi is rather horrid. I'm still adapted to them with Sword and Shield

Got in with a rather horrible group that seemed determined to fail a simple jaggi capture quest by not using the damned trap, so for the sake of HR gain i simply cleaned out the subquests, ended the travesty with gains, and ran before they could properly berate me.

You think that is bad? I and Chrizum played with two strangers tonight and we failed the Gigginox capture quest in the dumbest way possible. We weakened the beast and it was slowly limping away into the next area. Chrizum typed in "he's limping". I run to the next area, past the Gigginox and set the trap. I turn around and see the other two guys beating the hell out of the Gigginox until it dies. Why they did that, I don't know. We totally had that quest in the bag.

Hah, that's hilarious. I actually keep Perception up on me at all times, so whether it's a hunt or capture quest, I tend to trap / tranq the monster the instant it's weak. It works surprisingly well, often there's a pretty long delay between when the monster is capturable and when he starts showing signs of it (limping).

Man, real shame the PAL guys are divided, would love to see how things are on that end.

Btw, noname, what's your MH name / ID? It's not on the front page.

Ok did the level 30 to level 31 thing that was fun. I am finding that after that the fights to be crazy hard hinting now i die realty fast i may have to block more or get better gear. Also i am wordy that i will have all the sns by say 50 rank that leaves 50 more hr with out an upgrade its like the weapons get dry after a bit i wish they had higher version then the T5 or T6.

Smash ID: Jski - 0559-6620-9873

Add me if you wish but PM me if you do.

Mr Khan said:

No worries: Rathian hits hard, so she's tough before you get her pattern down.  The thing to remember is to most use short combos, stay on her left flank, and don't assume she'll only do two tail swipes.  The nice part is that she and Rathalos are REALLY delicate, so keep hammering any body part and they'll soon flinch.

c0rd said:

Btw, noname, what's your MH name / ID? It's not on the front page.

Don't remember my number, but the ID is "Lara."  Come join us next time!  I'll move over to the general servers if you're too high-ranked for the Rookies server.

w00t. Beat Gobul 2nd try. Has to be the easiest boss to adjust to so far (i won't count Jaggi since it took me a while to figure him out, but that was way back on the demo). Plus with Gobul i think i now understand water combat more thoroughly than i ever have thus far, since i had to think about blocking in 3D.

Oh Super Mario Galaxy 2. I do want you but i want to keep moving ahead. Things are getting interesting, online and off.