By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The VGC Official Monster Hunter Tri Thread

Chrizum said:
Wow, some people really suck online. Had a bunch of early quitters, too.

Rol, at this point I would love to play with you again. Are you on tomorrow?

Bah, it's the same old tired story; boy meets boy, boy quests with boy, boy splits with boy, boy quests with other folks, boy gets back together with boy.

Can't you be at least a little original?

Around the Network

Good run tonight, NoName. Sorry for my coarse language (though their overzealous filter got rid of it all anyway). I'm quite creative at cursing when things go poorly, though i learned my lesson about ragequitting long ago, i can still be a bit of a griefer.

Now that Barroth has fallen online, i can focus on him offline. And only 95 points to rank 9 and i can get to see some of the stuff that Barroth's keeping me from seeing offline, and get some weapon parts that might help me there. That's whats fun about the two of them in a continuum. If you're stuck in one you can get ahead in the other to get the right weapons.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Anytime: I had fun. Hopefully we can do this again sometime.

RolStoppable said:
Chrizum said:

What's that supposed to mean? That I am bad, but not as bad as others, so I am considered to be worthy to play with you?

I had two good days in a row and made a lot of friends. I am approaching the next urgent quest at quite a fast pace, HR27 currently. I guess you didn't manage to get up to the three stars quests yet, although you should be close.

I'll be on at 21:00 tomorrow (our timezone, so GMT +1 in case woopah reads this).

HR is the problem im having too. Too often you go to do quests that you're incapable of even participating in, so you are stuck with newbs who don't have enough Mega Potions, and consequently they die 3 times.

It is much better to play with people you know.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Monster Hunter Tri Event Quests Schedule Now Live

Friday, May 14, 2010, 05:19 PM PST [General]

We've recently updated the Monster Hunter Tri community site with a new live and actively updated schedule of all the ongoing and upcoming Arena and Event Quests. If you're looking to stay up-to-date with all the awesome new hunts, what rewards you can get, and what days they're available, look no further than the community site.

Just head to MonsterHunterCommunity.com and click the gem icon. Aside from watching them update on the site, you can also download the calendars for them. You can then import it into your own calendar, whether it be Outlook, Google Cal, iCal, or whatever you use.

If you sync it properly, you can even sync it with the calendar on your phone. Monster Hunter Tri Quest calendar on my iPhone means I never miss a quest I need. =)

http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2010/05/14/monster_hunter_tri_event_quests_schedule_now_live

- I didn't know they were doing this, i didn't know it hadn't already started but its good news. Should probably go in OP's info.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Chrizum said:

What's that supposed to mean? That I am bad, but not as bad as others, so I am considered to be worthy to play with you?

I had two good days in a row and made a lot of friends. I am approaching the next urgent quest at quite a fast pace, HR27 currently. I guess you didn't manage to get up to the three stars quests yet, although you should be close.

I'll be on at 21:00 tomorrow (our timezone, so GMT +1 in case woopah reads this).

It means that I'd rather play with you than with strangers, because I know you don't pull that kind of crap.

Anyway, what's the deal with these event quests? I know they vary from time to time, but to past event quests come back eventually or is it so that when you miss one, you won't be able to do it ever again?

Chrizum said:
RolStoppable said:
Chrizum said:

It means that I'd rather play with you than with strangers, because I know you don't pull that kind of crap.

Anyway, what's the deal with these event quests? I know they vary from time to time, but to past event quests come back eventually or is it so that when you miss one, you won't be able to do it ever again?

Event quests are cycled (so yes, you will be able to do them later on if you missed them this time around)

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

RolStoppable said:
Question regarding online quests: If I set the number of players allowed to join the quest to something lower than four, are the monsters weaker then?

Pretty sure they aren't.

I tried it before, and the monsters seemed like they had the same health. More noticeably, there was also still supplies for four people.

c0rd said:
RolStoppable said:
Question regarding online quests: If I set the number of players allowed to join the quest to something lower than four, are the monsters weaker then?

Pretty sure they aren't.

I tried it before, and the monsters seemed like they had the same health. More noticeably, there was also still supplies for four people.

That's what makes it fun. You can hog Rations and First-aid meds.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I didn't realize the Arena quests also cycled. Guess I oughta stock up on coins while I still can, then. And reach HR 18 soon-ish, since so many of the Events need that minimum.