By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The VGC Official Monster Hunter Tri Thread

Wow this thread is huge :O

So I got in to the game and I am stuck in it. I played about 15h and then I stopped it sure is a hard game. But then a few days ago I started playing again and two monsters and now I am stuck at Barroth :P  he is one hell of battle. I have a few q to ask you professionals out there.

How much deafens did you have when you got to Barroth? I am only at 63 and I can’t get it up anymore right now as I need the armour sphere plus

What weapon are you using? I tried the switch axe and the hammer

Sheesh I want to kill this bitch!!

Love this game!

Never played online is it fun? Feels weird to play as I feel like a noob :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Roma said:

So I got in to the game and I am stuck in it. I played about 15h and then I stopped it sure is a hard game. But then a few days ago I started playing again and two monsters and now I am stuck at Barroth :P  he is one hell of battle. I have a few q to ask you professionals out there.

How much deafens did you have when you got to Barroth? I am only at 63 and I can’t get it up anymore right now as I need the armour sphere plus

Love this game!

I am not a pro, but I can tell you I had a rough time with Barroth at first as well. I took him down for the first time using a switch axe, but if you get good with a lance I think it works best. Using the switch axe, stay away from his head, as you will bounce off a great deal. I was also using Rhenoplos armour to get the Negate Mud/Snow ability. It is hard to fight when you are constantly stuck in the mud balls, and this armour prevents that. To raise your defense, eat an Adamant Seed at the beginning of the quest and eat a Might seed to increase your attack level as well. I am not sure at what level you have access to Catalyst, but combining this with each seed will create Armourskin and Demondrug potions which are more potent. Bring extras and eat a seed or portion after each time you faint (fainting removes the bonus). Before leaving on the quest, eat a meal from the cat (Itinerant Cook) and pay attention to the benefits of each meal. Choose something that helps with defense or attack if possible.

Online is awesome! I am only at HR 21 online, but I am having a blast. So much to do and see. Although the quality of WiiSpeak is quite poor, it really helps in this game if you have it. Being able to talk while playing helps to learn and work better as a team. Too bad we are not in the same region, or we could go online together.

In the absence of evidence to the contrary, always assume you have the upper hand.

NNID = RangerOne

Switch = SW-2393-3671-6907

Roma said:

Love this game!

I had a long long reply prepared but this amazing forum decided that it doesn't want it in its database.

Anyway, go to Monster Hunter Wiki for help, and if you decide to go online don't forget to mention it here, you will surely get help from more experienced players (I'll join if I have the time!)

If you want to play/exchange stuff online with me, just send me a message

PAL Region, country set to UK [Wii] 8714 6838 0977 5469

COD W@W FC: 2966 5176 6725
COD MW [Reflex] FC: 3568 2083 1513
Monster Hunter Tri Name: Cobra ID: TJCXVR
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 FC: 5199 8914 0552
SSB Brawl FC: 4641 1109 2262
GoldenEye 007 FC: 0136 4916 1439
Trackmania FC: 0905 1720 9842
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom UAS FC: 1850 4714 0865

[3DS] 1246 - 8738 - 3987

EntilZha said:
Soriku said:
EntilZha said:

You should forget about that until you get better weapons (and maybe armor). Diablos is weakest to ice, and there's no ice hammer that you can get without the Awaken skill, so just forget that. Get an Amber Slash which needs 5 Carbalite Ores. To upgrade this even further you need to kill Barioth in high rank which you can't do now.

Those extra offline quests should be done after you progress through online more.

I am glad you said that. I thought I was just playing very badly. I thought someone in this forum had said those Urgent Requests were designed to be completed with low level armour and weapons. I just could not see how it could be done. I have not even seen Carbalite Ore yet, so I guess I have a ways to go.

My advice is to try to complete it with offline armor.  You will do it eventually, and you get to feel a true sense of pride when you pull it off.  It will also make you a better player, becoz you'll have to rely on strategy more than sheer armor/weapon power.  I struggled with several of the final quests (Lagi n' Rath especially) but when I finally figured it out that joy could not be duplicated.

Most problems I've found in the final quests come down to two things:  Are you struggling with taking too much damage, or taking too much time?  The time limit is what caused me the most anguish.  I didn't faint often, but just couldn't seem to cause enough damage.  A couple of the quests I beat with less than two minutes left (or less), so my strategy involved buffing my characters attack with lots and lots of damage boosting potions and bombs (with bombardier!). 

For most of the quests I used a full Urugaan set and loaded up on bombs and traps (combination success is 100% with Urugaan armor) and got the felyne food skill Pyro.  I switched my weapon depending on the quest, but with the twin Diablos' I used the Undertaker lance.

If you don't have Urugaan set, I'd suggest trying to accumulate that and see what you think.  Also, farming for rustshards could help as well, and maybe you'll get a rusted "whatever" weapon with Dragon element. 

As for Diablos specifically, I suggest sticking one with a paintball and focusing on that one exclusively.  If he leaves, chase him down and try to ignore the other one.  Eventually they'll each go to sleep when damaged enough, and you can likely bomb them to death while they're snoozing. 

thanks for the info guys :)

absolutely i will say when i plan to try the game online :)

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Roma said:

thanks for the info guys :)

absolutely i will say when i plan to try the game online :)

Let us know how you finally beat the Barroth!!

In the absence of evidence to the contrary, always assume you have the upper hand.

NNID = RangerOne

hYpnochronic said:
EntilZha said:
Soriku said:
EntilZha said:

I

My advice is to try to complete it with offline armor. 

I agree, that is what I have been trying to do. I was using full Lagiacrus armour (maxed out gave me the highest defense value) and bringing extra bombs and so far I can kill one, but do not have the time or bombs left to KO the other one.

so my strategy involved buffing my characters attack with lots and lots of damage boosting potions and bombs (with bombardier!). 

I was using Demondrug or Mega Demondrug but I found that if I got an attack bonus from eating food, the potions did not give me any additional bonus when taken afterwards. Is this normal?

I used a full Urugaan set and loaded up on bombs and traps (combination success is 100% with Urugaan armor) ... I used the Undertaker lance.

I have not tried the Urugaan set, but if the combination success is 100% I will start work on it right away. As for the Undertaker lance, I am already using that one!

Thanks for the tips!!

NNID = RangerOne

so I heard this was the place to post about monster hunter tri.

I just beat the offline game and I really need to get a group to play online the catch is I only have wii speak and I would like players around my level and with wii speak. If any one meets this then pls message me and I would like to get 3 people besides myself to try and get a group togther.

will be online rest of the day and tonight so let me know!!

monsterhunterwiitri said:

so I heard this was the place to post about monster hunter tri.

I just beat the offline game and I really need to get a group to play online the catch is I only have wii speak and I would like players around my level and with wii speak. If any one meets this then pls message me and I would like to get 3 people besides myself to try and get a group togther.

will be online rest of the day and tonight so let me know!!

Atleas t put ur name or id for us to join you

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I have not gone gotten id yet? how I get that? you want to play tonight?