By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The VGC Official Monster Hunter Tri Thread

I finally got my Agna armor set. With some decent skills gemmed in, too. Might be finally prepared for Joe. I'll see tomorrow, hopefully.

Also, let me know when you're helping that friend of yours, Conegamer, I may join you.

If you want to play/exchange stuff online with me, just send me a message

PAL Region, country set to UK [Wii] 8714 6838 0977 5469

COD W@W FC: 2966 5176 6725
COD MW [Reflex] FC: 3568 2083 1513
Monster Hunter Tri Name: Cobra ID: TJCXVR
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 FC: 5199 8914 0552
SSB Brawl FC: 4641 1109 2262
GoldenEye 007 FC: 0136 4916 1439
Trackmania FC: 0905 1720 9842
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom UAS FC: 1850 4714 0865

[3DS] 1246 - 8738 - 3987

Around the Network
Cobra_ said:

I finally got my Agna armor set. With some decent skills gemmed in, too. Might be finally prepared for Joe. I'll see tomorrow, hopefully.

Also, let me know when you're helping that friend of yours, Conegamer, I may join you.

Strangely, Agnaktor is less useful than it should be against Deviljho. A few of Jho's attacks still can hurt me a little and i've got Guard Plus 2 with Guard Up jemmed in. Nothing should be able to touch me while blocking, but Jho's jaw attack can, one of the few things aside from being completely bucked by Jhen or steamrolled by Ura

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Cobra_ said:

Strangely, Agnaktor is less useful than it should be against Deviljho. A few of Jho's attacks still can hurt me a little and i've got Guard Plus 2 with Guard Up jemmed in. Nothing should be able to touch me while blocking, but Jho's jaw attack can, one of the few things aside from being completely bucked by Jhen or steamrolled by Ura

You might say I'm crazy but I decided to ignore that Guard 2 and use my Dark Switch Axe against him. With Dragon Res 10 and Critical Draw, I hope that this set will be more useful than the Rathalos one.

[3DS] 1246 - 8738 - 3987

Cobra_ said:
Mr Khan said:
Cobra_ said:

You might say I'm crazy but I decided to ignore that Guard 2 and use my Dark Switch Axe against him. With Dragon Res 10 and Critical Draw, I hope that this set will be more useful than the Rathalos one.

If you're going to Switch-Axe against Mean Jho Green considering getting a suit with Evasion/Evasion Up. Barioth has both, and let's you quite easily roll through most of his attacks and Evasion Up will give you more distance in your rolls, greatly upping your mobility with the SA in sword mode.

You might also try for the Thunderstrike (P) since Jho is just as weak to lightning as he is to Dragon and the Thunderstrike (P) has a Power Phial.

BrainBoxLtd said:
Cobra_ said:
Mr Khan said:
Cobra_ said:

If you're going to Switch-Axe against Mean Jho Green considering getting a suit with Evasion/Evasion Up. Barioth has both, and let's you quite easily roll through most of his attacks and Evasion Up will give you more distance in your rolls, greatly upping your mobility with the SA in sword mode.

You might also try for the Thunderstrike (P) since Jho is just as weak to lightning as he is to Dragon and the Thunderstrike (P) has a Power Phial.

Hm, thanks, that's not bad. A little lacking on the slot side though, when compared with the Agna set. But the Evasion 2 and Evasion Up combo is nice.

I have Megavolt Axe (G), it has an element phial - I'm not sure what's the difference between this and Power Phial, EP probably does some elemental damage, what does PP do? "Bomb" damage? Or "raw" damage? Or something else?

I'll probably just stick to Dark Switch Axe anyway since it has better sharpness and power.

[3DS] 1246 - 8738 - 3987

Around the Network
Cobra_ said:

Hm, thanks, that's not bad. A little lacking on the slot side though, when compared with the Agna set. But the Evasion 2 and Evasion Up combo is nice.

I have Megavolt Axe (G), it has an element phial - I'm not sure what's the difference between this and Power Phial, EP probably does some elemental damage, what does PP do? "Bomb" damage? Or "raw" damage? Or something else?

I'll probably just stick to Dark Switch Axe anyway since it has better sharpness and power.

Elemental Phials add 25% DMG to your weapons elemental damage when in Sword Mode. Power Phials add 25% more Damage to your RAW Damage when in sword mode. Power Phials basically make ever hit in sword mode a crit hit. (And since there not actually critical hits you can still get Crit's on top of that.)

If you get good at rolling through attacks and you get a Charm with a lot of plus evasion you can just gem Evasion 1 into different Armor. I've use Vangis Armor with Evasion gemmed in.

BrainBoxLtd said:
Cobra_ said:

Elemental Phials add 25% DMG to your weapons elemental damage when in Sword Mode. Power Phials add 25% more Damage to your RAW Damage when in sword mode. Power Phials basically make ever hit in sword mode a crit hit. (And since there not actually critical hits you can still get Crit's on top of that.)

If you get good at rolling through attacks and you get a Charm with a lot of plus evasion you can just gem Evasion 1 into different Armor. I've use Vangis Armor with Evasion gemmed in.

That's what I did with my previous armor set (Rathalos ) but I decided to try something different this time.

and thanks for the explanation about Phials, good to know.

[3DS] 1246 - 8738 - 3987

Once again, I seek the advice of the many great players to be found here. I finished the offline game and to my surprise there are more Urgent Requests to be completed after the credits are finished.  I have managed to complete two of them (R. Ludroth Gobul and Rathalos Rathian) but I am stuck on the pair of Diablos. I have tried various weapon and armour combinations, but when I think I am getting somewhere with one of them, the other one shows up and they stick close together for the rest of the game.  I tried to drive one away with a Dung Bomb, but it did not work. I have been using sets of armour based on Rathian, Ratholos, and Agnaktor. My weapons have been SA and hammer. Online, I am HR20 just starting the Level 3 quests. Any advice would be helpful and appreciated.

In the absence of evidence to the contrary, always assume you have the upper hand.

NNID = RangerOne

Switch = SW-2393-3671-6907

Soriku said:
EntilZha said:

You should forget about that until you get better weapons (and maybe armor). Diablos is weakest to ice, and there's no ice hammer that you can get without the Awaken skill, so just forget that. Get an Amber Slash which needs 5 Carbalite Ores. To upgrade this even further you need to kill Barioth in high rank which you can't do now.

Those extra offline quests should be done after you progress through online more.

I am glad you said that. I thought I was just playing very badly. I thought someone in this forum had said those Urgent Requests were designed to be completed with low level armour and weapons. I just could not see how it could be done. I have not even seen Carbalite Ore yet, so I guess I have a ways to go.

In the absence of evidence to the contrary, always assume you have the upper hand.

NNID = RangerOne

Switch = SW-2393-3671-6907

YES! JHEN MOREAN AGAIN!

Looking to do it again now, any PAL players willing to join from around now to 7:15ish? 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.