By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The VGC Official Monster Hunter Tri Thread

Soriku said:
Conegamer said:

That's NP- I should be able to do it again, closed due to snow again

Also, tried to defeat Deviljho on Tuesday and was so close, but I feel as though a better team was needed, or more practise...

Aside from that, good runs with Agnaktor and Uragaan, and Rathalos, so it's been quite a good week!

However, what has happened to the friendly community online? I was stuck with a bunch of HR31 people in my "skilled players only" city, so I decided to leave and join some people who were around 54ish. Asked them if they could help me with Deviljho, and I can safely say for the first time that I actually felt offended by what this man said to me in reply. Needless to say he was on the block list now

Still, this is something I expect from maybe XBL, not Wii! I think maybe too many people are taking this a bit too seriously and forgetting that , at the end of the day, this is just a game, and that people play it to have fun. I hope that this applies to no-one in this community and this doesn't happen to you, but let it be a warning...

However, yes, I'd be happy to play again at around 5ish, anyone else from PAL region want to join us?

If you're doing Jho with other HR 31 plus people you're guaranteed to fail. People around that HRdon't have good enough weapon or armor, even though Jho isn't that hard of a monster. And HR 51 people don't like HR 31 "noobs"playing with them either...

I was in the party, and I am close to HR 60 now... however, it was my first Jho fight (I just did not want to fight him until now), and I was wearing Rathalos armor set (maxed out but has -20 Dragon resistance) - fainted twice, so it was all my fault after all

After I try out the games that came yesterday - Epic Mickey and Goldeneye - I'll make sure to finish my Agna armor before trying Joe again.

Edit: was referring to the Tuesday attempt of course

If you want to play/exchange stuff online with me, just send me a message

PAL Region, country set to UK [Wii] 8714 6838 0977 5469

COD W@W FC: 2966 5176 6725
COD MW [Reflex] FC: 3568 2083 1513
Monster Hunter Tri Name: Cobra ID: TJCXVR
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 FC: 5199 8914 0552
SSB Brawl FC: 4641 1109 2262
GoldenEye 007 FC: 0136 4916 1439
Trackmania FC: 0905 1720 9842
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom UAS FC: 1850 4714 0865

[3DS] 1246 - 8738 - 3987

Around the Network

Yeah, I suck at lancing so Agnaktor set should be fine for me until I get something even better. Compared to Rathalos set it has higher defense (will need to be upgraded first though) and neutral dragon res if I'm not mistaken. If it turns out to be enough for me not to faint during the fight, I might just start farming Joe for his stuff. I only bought that Dark Switch Axe because of him anyway.

[3DS] 1246 - 8738 - 3987

any PAL players on from 8 O'clock tommorow?

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Cobra_ said:

Yeah, I suck at lancing so Agnaktor set should be fine for me until I get something even better.

There seem to be two separate schools of thought when it comes to lancing.  The Angaktor set favors those who believe that blocking the monsters' attacks is the way to go, and more power to those folks.  Personally though, I favor the Barioth set, because it allows you to be far more aggresive overall, while saving your stamina for dodging and attacking; the shield is a last-ditch option for me.

noname2200 said:
Cobra_ said:

Yeah, I suck at lancing so Agnaktor set should be fine for me until I get something even better.

There seem to be two separate schools of thought when it comes to lancing.  The Angaktor set favors those who believe that blocking the monsters' attacks is the way to go, and more power to those folks.  Personally though, I favor the Barioth set, because it allows you to be far more aggresive overall, while saving your stamina for dodging and attacking; the shield is a last-ditch option for me.

Somehow I am not able to dodge effectively with the lance unsheathed. Blocking all the way for me.

[3DS] 1246 - 8738 - 3987

Around the Network
Soriku said:

Giant Jho is up!

I'll be on at 5pm- 8pm central time.

noname2200 said:
Cobra_ said:

Tank-man forever! Nothing like being able to withstand Alatreon fireballs, Agnaktor lasers *and* side-attacks, and Diablos everything, while not having to move a muscle, and not being moved at all either

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I've never done Giant Jho... anyone up for a few runs today?

Kenology said:

I'm up for Super Jho. What time will u be on? I'll be on around 6:30pm central time.

BTW: I only did Super Jho once and managed to capture it yesterday.

Soriku said:
BoneArk said:
Kenology said:

I'm up for Super Jho. What time will u be on? I'll be on around 6:30pm central time.

BTW: I only did Super Jho once and managed to capture it yesterday.

I fell asleep yesterday...but I can do Jho today.

No problem, I'll see u later.