By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The VGC Official Monster Hunter Tri Thread

woo nice first fight

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

stupid rathlos made us lose

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

u have keyboard for game?

EntilZha said:
hYpnochronic said:
EntilZha said:
Soriku said:
EntilZha said:

I

My advice is to try to complete it with offline armor. 

I agree, that is what I have been trying to do. I was using full Lagiacrus armour (maxed out gave me the highest defense value) and bringing extra bombs and so far I can kill one, but do not have the time or bombs left to KO the other one.

so my strategy involved buffing my characters attack with lots and lots of damage boosting potions and bombs (with bombardier!). 

I was using Demondrug or Mega Demondrug but I found that if I got an attack bonus from eating food, the potions did not give me any additional bonus when taken afterwards. Is this normal?

I used a full Urugaan set and loaded up on bombs and traps (combination success is 100% with Urugaan armor) ... I used the Undertaker lance.

I have not tried the Urugaan set, but if the combination success is 100% I will start work on it right away. As for the Undertaker lance, I am already using that one!

Thanks for the tips!!

Sorry, I forgot to elaborate on the 100% combination part.  Urugaan armor gives you 100% on making bombs.  I also have a 10 Speed Setup jewel that makes my trap combinations 100% as well.  These go great together, so if you can get this set up you'll be on your way.  Make sure you take 2 LLB , 3 LLB, 10 Large barrels, and 10 gunpowders (also take 10 Scatterfish unless you have the felyne skill Pyro, which upgrades LLB to LLB automatically).  Also do the same with the traps, taking a shock trap, pitfall trap, 2 trap tools, a thunderbug and a net.  This will make sure you get 4 traps.  The Speed Setup is such an indespensible skill.  It makes you throw down bombs fast as lightning so you don't have to worry about him getting away before they go off.  And of course, no more annoying Garbage from failed combinations.

As for the Undertaker, that's what I used.  I was lucky enough to get past that quest on the first try (with 1:30 seconds left) so I didn't try any other weapons.  It might also work to have an ice elemental weapon (Tusk Lance ).  I think Diablos is weak to ice if I'm not mistaken.  Not 100% sure though.  I'm no pro. 

Well i am back so i am able to play mh3 agen. I am 50 h thing i need to do the rank up but sadly my well most of my get set up is super week vs fire and dragon so i am not sure how much help i can be. I use SnS i have most of them all but "T3" or realy verosn 2 of SnS. As a side quesion i love SnS its about all i want to use just that i like the down effect but i cant work out a set that will give a nice to down effect but at the same time not make me super easy to be killed by fire / dragon (being that most of the big mobs do that) any gear set up that you guys can suggesed?

Smash ID: Jski - 0559-6620-9873

Add me if you wish but PM me if you do.

Around the Network
hYpnochronic said:
EntilZha said:

Urugaan armor gives you 100% on making bombs. 

I lookedat the skills for the Urugaan armour, and I could not find any mention of this....

In the absence of evidence to the contrary, always assume you have the upper hand.

NNID = RangerOne

Switch = SW-2393-3671-6907

Finely I beat Barroth!! When there was about 10 min left I finely cut of his tail and down to the last min I beat him! Haha never thought I would that time, felt so damn good :D

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:

Finely I beat Barroth!! When there was about 10 min left I finely cut of his tail and down to the last min I beat him! Haha never thought I would that time, felt so damn good :D

Congrats! I know how good it feels to finally take him down.

In the absence of evidence to the contrary, always assume you have the upper hand.

NNID = RangerOne

EntilZha said:
hYpnochronic said:
EntilZha said:

Urugaan armor gives you 100% on making bombs. 

I lookedat the skills for the Urugaan armour, and I could not find any mention of this....

Look about 1/2 way down this page. 

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3:_Armor_Skill_List

It's listed under Bomb Boost/Bombardier.

Ahhhhh, the first posting of the New Year in the forum. And, as usual, I have a question. I have a Sharq ticket from some months ago. I was trying to get more of them, but when I completed the Alluring Dress quest, I did not receive one. Do you not get one each time, or is it a random thing? I would really like to get the at Sharq Lance.

Edit: I played the quest 2 more times and received 3 sharq tickets each time. I had never seen the Sharq Lance before, and I laughed out loud when I had it forged. It is awesome.

NNID = RangerOne