By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The VGC Official Monster Hunter Tri Thread

Mr Khan said:

Damn, blunty was right. I did luck out in my first few Alatreon runs, as i was frustrated every. single. fucking. time. today. Plus i must've missed that insufferable raining ice attack of his. Knocks his difficulty up a little

And i got a troll on me today. Someone was pissed off that i don't bother to carry bombs on me enough to troll me long after i left the room (by message)

Yea, ppl get REALLY upset if you don't do exactly what u want them to do in Ala. Although I must say bombs is a must assuming you're makin it sleep. But like I said, ppl complain too much in Ala.

One time it fell asleep and i got stuck between it's legs, so I couldn't move to plant bombs by its head. So I planted a couple right there by its stomach. Well, I was everything from a retard to a total dumbfuck, apparently. It was totally unnecessary.

Around the Network
blunty51 said:
Mr Khan said:

Damn, blunty was right. I did luck out in my first few Alatreon runs, as i was frustrated every. single. fucking. time. today. Plus i must've missed that insufferable raining ice attack of his. Knocks his difficulty up a little

And i got a troll on me today. Someone was pissed off that i don't bother to carry bombs on me enough to troll me long after i left the room (by message)

Yea, ppl get REALLY upset if you don't do exactly what u want them to do in Ala. Although I must say bombs is a must assuming you're makin it sleep. But like I said, ppl complain too much in Ala.

One time it fell asleep and i got stuck between it's legs, so I couldn't move to plant bombs by its head. So I planted a couple right there by its stomach. Well, I was everything from a retard to a total dumbfuck, apparently. It was totally unnecessary.

I've gotten stuck between it's legs too during sleep. It's actually kinda funny.

What i hate is when people randomly decide that it's time to get his horns stuck in the wall, and run over to the wall and just beep at you, but given that i lance, i move very slowly and i'm basically naked if i have to climb.

But i forgot to mention that Deviljho turned out surprisingly easy. The most problem i had with him was similar to Alatreon, that he just hits too damn hard when he does connect, but Jho has the added fun of debuffs when he hits ya

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

BrainBoxLtd said:
Mr Khan said:
blunty51 said:

I totally hate playing Ala with randoms. They either quit mid-battle, complain too much, or die. I've actually never had success against ala after my 5* urgent.

We need to link up.

Huh, i must've lucked out pretty well

Put i'm only playing this game the next two days. My target is the one monster i haven't fought yet: Deviljho.

I recommend the following instructional video.

I love fighting Deviljho. XD

Stupidly funny

"Skinny sticks hit my legs" XDXD

*ahem* I'm ready to fight Deviljho, HR38 now, but only a few XP away from 39. Anyone fancy it just let me know, I;m happy to do anything

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Well, that was a fun way to end my Monster Hunter career. Another night of utter frustration at the hands of Alatreon. The last group i was with was quite proficient, but two gunners meant no damage, even if they were good. If they had been GreatSword or Hammer, we would've knocked him over in 20, not failed at 40....

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

Well, that was a fun way to end my Monster Hunter career. Another night of utter frustration at the hands of Alatreon. The last group i was with was quite proficient, but two gunners meant no damage, even if they were good. If they had been GreatSword or Hammer, we would've knocked him over in 20, not failed at 40....

Maybe I could help sometime. What time are you usually on? Also are you trying to get Sky Piercers because I've got a sleep bombing that can help with that as well. If you're using the recruiting server I'd avoid "Skill Players Only" as that tends to attract people wanting to leech off better players.

Soriku said:

I just saw this O_o

Part of MHP3 but still lol.

LOL!

Imagine the music for that...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Still a noob at this game but getting better.  Usually, I can grasp any game and quickly become very good at it.  This game has taken more time for me to improve.  Anyways, I have put about 25 or so hours into but I am still HR6.  I started completing the offline quest more and now working to finish the 4 stars quests.  Anyone know the HR rank you have to be to be able to do the 2 stars quests online?   Hopefully, it is HR7...

sethnintendo said:

Still a noob at this game but getting better.  Usually, I can grasp any game and quickly become very good at it.  This game has taken more time for me to improve.  Anyways, I have put about 25 or so hours into but I am still HR6.  I started completing the offline quest more and now working to finish the 4 stars quests.  Anyone know the HR rank you have to be to be able to do the 2 stars quests online?   Hopefully, it is HR7...

8 to qualify for the urgent quest, 9 to do the 2-stars

Mr Khan said:

You're retiring?  I just go against Ala with the Ala hammer and it's cake if the group is any good at all.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger