By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The VGC Official Monster Hunter Tri Thread

^^ That is bothersome, but the single worst thing Barioth can do is that physics-defying drop out of the air, where it looks like there's no *possible* way he could possibly land on you from that point, and he does. Rathalos has a similar move (where he dives on you, poisons and usually stuns), where he can come at you from an insane distance.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

^^ That is bothersome, but the single worst thing Barioth can do is that physics-defying drop out of the air, where it looks like there's no *possible* way he could possibly land on you from that point, and he does. Rathalos has a similar move (where he dives on you, poisons and usually stuns), where he can come at you from an insane distance.

You can actually avoid the Rathalos poision dive bomb by running towards him just before he does it, he'll actually pass over you.

I personally hate Diablos's, well pretty much everything. Constantly charging across the map, swinging his giant tail with it's even bigger hit box, spending 1/3 of the battle underground, that long shriek. Bastard. =P

Knocked over Ceadeus pretty easily. He's basically just a punching bag that can occasionally fire a super water beam.

Mr Khan said:

Both moves are blockable or evadable (is this a word?). The Barioth move is actually pretty usefull. After you block it he is near enough for some attacks. The Rathalos move was a pain for me also. However after fighting him countless times in the arena I know when he does the diving attack. If he flies higher than usual, than he is about to start the attack. I sheath my weapon, hold Z and press the B button shortly after to do my own diving into the sand (or I just block it).

Yesterday I thought I may try the Rathian & Rathalos Arena again. Before I started my barioth coin collection I used a second controller and the two player mode to get the double amount of items for this arena fight. But yesterday I tried to do it with one player. And it worked. I used the Hammer. This time I didn't concentrate on one of the monsters. I fought whichever monster was closer to me. After playing with the lance so often lately it was a completely different feeling to use the Hammer again. I felt faster. And it payed off. I won after 21 minutes. (A few seconds less and I would have beaten qualification time ... maybe next time.)

BTW, does anybody know, what the qualification times in singleplayer arena mode are for? I have beaten the qualification time in a few arenas. Does something happen if I beat all?

Mr Khan said:

Knocked over Ceadeus pretty easily. He's basically just a punching bag that can occasionally fire a super water beam.

Yeah.  Ceadeus is a pretty big wuss.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

I totally hate playing Ala with randoms. They either quit mid-battle, complain too much, or die. I've actually never had success against ala after my 5* urgent.

We need to link up.

blunty51 said:

I totally hate playing Ala with randoms. They either quit mid-battle, complain too much, or die. I've actually never had success against ala after my 5* urgent.

We need to link up.

Huh, i must've lucked out pretty well

Put i'm only playing this game the next two days. My target is the one monster i haven't fought yet: Deviljho.

Damn, blunty was right. I did luck out in my first few Alatreon runs, as i was frustrated every. single. fucking. time. today. Plus i must've missed that insufferable raining ice attack of his. Knocks his difficulty up a little

And i got a troll on me today. Someone was pissed off that i don't bother to carry bombs on me enough to troll me long after i left the room (by message)

Mr Khan said:
blunty51 said:

We need to link up.

Huh, i must've lucked out pretty well

Put i'm only playing this game the next two days. My target is the one monster i haven't fought yet: Deviljho.

I recommend the following instructional video.

I love fighting Deviljho. XD

In 48 hours I will start online gaming again. I will be online the whole next week. My plan is first to use my water Longsword to fight Agna. When I have enough agna claw plus I will upgrade my fire Longsword. Then I will use the fire Longsword to fight Lagi. If I have enough shell shocker plus I will upgrade my thunder Longsword. Then I will use my thunder Longsword to fight ian to finally get an ian ruby. That's my plan. If someone wants to join me here is my data:

Region = PAL. HR 57. Name of Huntress = Alexa. ID = PMBGDN.

@BrainBox: Thanks for the informative video.