By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Red Steel 2 or: How I learned to love motion controls!

Rainbird said:
Okay, I may end up regretting this, but I posted a video of myself playing in the OP.

LOL. It looks like you're catching your breath.

Around the Network

I just picked it up today, and I can honestly say you played a role!

I bet I look even more ethusiastic than you when I play Grand Slam Tennis. There is swearing, and there is taunting.

Don't worry, the more you swing that remote, the easier it gets.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Just going to say it again. Very good fun, super smooth swordplay and graphics. Big swings are recognised clearly. Excited to get the tougher enemies. Strafing is pretty neat too.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Galaki said:
Rainbird said:
Okay, I may end up regretting this, but I posted a video of myself playing in the OP.

LOL. It looks like you're catching your breath.

Haha, yeah, the game is pretty intense

I was finally able to beat that group, it took me a few tries, so it's part relief and part calming down

Around the Network

I played it yesterday, thought the IR controls for gun/camera were pretty meh considered how MoH Heroes 2 still has better IR gun controls, then when some motions didn't register and in the end its just another swing instead of button press, yes its much better than most of the crap on the Wii as far as motion controls go, yes its MUCH better than the original Red Steel, but I've seen how well the WM+ controls work for sword fighting on Wii Sports Resort and it didn't live up to that.

So... for right now I'm in the mindset that Tiger Woods did better WM+ controls, Wii Sports Resort did better sword controls, and games that came out years ago have better gun/camera controls, so what does the game have going for it? Well the game itself... and so far it's really boring to me, I'm trying to give it time, but last night it got to the point I just had to put it down and play Cave Story and Pokemon because that shit got boring lol.

The art and character design is fine, the world they tried to create is nice, but its not dazzling. In fact for as many people that bashed the shit out of The Conduit for being a lot of linear paths and just being fight this mob of enemies, rise and repeat, so far Red Steel 2 is feeling that way. But man on top of this the voice acting (other than the old man) is making me cringe.

Honestly I REALLY hope this changes, but so far all things considered... I have no idea why this is getting decent scores, but I'm going to truck on a bit more and hope it gets good.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

@ Maxwell

If you don't like it so far, I doubt you will. I don't know if you have gotten some of the special moves yet though. And I have to disagree, I think WSR sucks. It may have better swordcontrols, but using them is about as exciting as watching a snail crawl, compared to Red Steel 2 at least.

Rainbird said:
@ Maxwell

If you don't like it so far, I doubt you will. I don't know if you have gotten some of the special moves yet though. And I have to disagree, I think WSR sucks. It may have better swordcontrols, but using them is about as exciting as watching a snail crawl, compared to Red Steel 2 at least.

I love fighting off people in WSR, that's like my favorite mode... I mean they give you 3 hearts and you fight people till you even beat everyone or die in the process, and it makes me think how amazing Zelda could be with the 1:1 controls lol

Yes I've got like 3 special moves so far, and people said it'd take a little to get into, but I've beaten the first real boss and it was incredibly easy on normal and I just didn't care, I was really bored :\

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

It's not gonna improve for you then.

Haha, the video in the OP is great, reminds me of Just Dance.

MaxwellGT, I strongly disagree with some of what you've said, but if you don't like it so far I'm guessing you're not gonna.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.