By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Red Steel 2 or: How I learned to love motion controls!

Khuutra said:
Rainbird said:
A friendly warning though, the game is absolutely awesome, but carried by the swordplay. The story stinks for example. So don't get your hopes up high on anything but the swordplay

I cannot imagine giving a crap about the storyline.

Good. Usually a good storyline is a must for me in a good singleplayer, but the awesome of Red Steel 2 has made me forgive the story for being so bad. Fortunately it's so little in your face that it works.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Rainbird said:
A friendly warning though, the game is absolutely awesome, but carried by the swordplay. The story stinks for example. So don't get your hopes up high on anything but the swordplay

I cannot imagine giving a crap about the storyline.

I laughed quite a bit when the Sherriff's daughter (Er... I think it's his daughter) started speaking in this Southern Belle accent. Pretty funny.

But yeah, just started playing today and  this game Just. Gets. It. A lot of Wii consumers are always looking for a new experience, something they haven't yet experienced on the console. I hope they catch this game and love it to death, because that's what I'm doing right now.

*hi5's Rainbird*

For any UK gamers out there interested in picking this up, Amazon are doing a great deal on this game. £29.73 with the motionplus accessory included!

It's £40-£45 elsewhere for the same deal.

VGChartz

Rainbird said:

It's worse than that. It doesn't just stink, it's embarrassing. Playing the game with someone else in the room should not be embarrassing, at least not for any reason other than swinging the remote around.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

*highfive* @ Smeags

But I'm not going to play it again until tonight, and probably only for an hour or two. I want my arm to recover just a bit >_>

@ Demotruk

Indeed, it's actually hard to say just how bad it is

Around the Network

And I'm glad so many people are going to be playing it, the game really deserves it!

Rainbird said:

well a good story is what i was hoping for in this game considering they where focusing on the single player, but oh well im still buying it because i wanted a great 1.1 sword fighting game on wii since the system launched

This is the game that should have existed back in December 2006. If it had, then the Wii would have had an utter domination of well over 50%.

Story, meh.
Cutscenes, meh.
QTEs, meh.
Buy moves, meh.
Forced tutorial for every move, meh.
Empty levels, meh.

Artstyle, nice. FPS and sword (FPSS?) controls with special moves, awesome.

Overall, I still prefer WSR both as a game and for the controls but RS2 is heading in the right direction for non-arcade games. It's definitely made me more excited for Zelda.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Picked it up after class today. Played it for about an hour at the moment. It does not let you waggle so that is true! Oh, and um it is pretty fun =)