By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo Wii & DS - 1 billion units of software sold

morenoingrato said:
Wonktonodi said:
so when will the two combined catch up to ps2 numbers? I'm thinking 2 years at most

don't ruin this

how does that ruin it?  the ps2 software is so low now while the wii and ds are still on fire.

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
andremop said:
And probably most of that number is first party software - where the profit really are, I guess.
Amazing!

In the US according to NPD, we ahve the following:

40% of Wii titles are first party. 

60% of DS titles are first party.

I would have thought that the percentages would have been better in nintendo's favor.

Still, this is only the US figures and might change significantly if they were global.

If you compare the above percentages with MS and Sony you would see why Nintendo are the real money-making kings of this industry.

The real money, as you all know is in software, so the Cod:MWs, GTAs (and all the other big 3rd party games) gives MS and Sony some cash but the developers\publishers take the lion share of the spoils.

With Nintendo they ain't much sharing of that loot.

Good for the big N.

Nintendo surley has no less than $40,000,000,000.00 with lal these stuff they've sold.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

SaviorX said:
I believe the PS2 has 1.5 billion games shipped.

believe?

Nintendogamer said:
If you take every single thing Nintendo has ever sold I think it could be close to 4,000,000,000!

close they sold around 3.40 billion software sold in there lifetime

Around the Network
Bamboleo said:
SaviorX said:
I believe the PS2 has 1.5 billion games shipped.

believe?

Believe it.

As of March 31st 2007 Sony reported that the PS2 sold 1.24 billion games. They stopped tracking after that date but it was said somewhere else that the attach ratio of games per console on the PS2 is 12 or 13 games so that would mean it's a little over 1.5 billion now.

I also asked TheSource what he thought it'd be at and he said around 1.5 billion as well, so.

I am not surprised. You know why? Because Nintendo rocks.
Nintendo consoles are the only consoles I own = TRUE Nintendo fan.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

WOW, that's sad, that's a lot of pollution!

my signature went on strike, it's demanding 3% raise

Cool almost as much as the PS2 numbers... relatively speaking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Congrats Nintendo... thats a whole lot of $$$$$.

I game.  You game.  We game.

I'm a videogamer, not a fanboy, but have a special place for Nintendo.

Current Systems Owned: NSwitch/PS4/XONE/WiiU/3DS/2DS/PCGaming Rig-i7/ASUS i7 Gaming Laptop.

Previous Game Consoles:  PS3/Xbox360/Wii/DSL/Pretty much every one thats been released since the Atari 2600.