By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, megaflop GTA: CW for DS reached 1M

atma998 said:

lol I tought you were done with this thread...

Ok then you want me to ''refute'' what you said, let's do that your way:

Gran Turismo 3: 14.89M

Gran Turismo: 10.85M

Gran Turismo 4: 10.52M

Gran Turismo 2: 9.37M

Gran Turismo PSP: 1.17M

From a guy who said GT:PSP wasnt a flop, this is even more funny.

Biased indeed.

I was, but because i dislike you more than anyone else on the site, i decided to respond.

1. GT franchise has nothing to do with this thread.

2. GT PSP was at 1.8 Million units as of December 2009 and will probably be atleast at 2 Million by now... After 6 Months of release. Wheras GTA (a bigger franchise than GT) on DS has struggled to reach 1 Million units in a year... On a platform FAR popular.

3. GT PSP (just like GTA:CW) is a sales flop, as far as the GT series is concerned. I even expected it to do close to 10 Million at one point.

Around the Network
Ail said:
Biggest install base ever, biggest game franchise, and you cheering 1 million ?????????

^THis. But at least it was a good game :) was better on the psp tho imo...would like to see another one of the same style soon

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I honestly can not figure out why anyone buys any GTA games, but that is just me. Anyways, 1million for a GTA does look very low, but again never cared for any of those games so I would not really know the difference in game play and view of them.

Carl2291 said:
atma998 said:

lol I tought you were done with this thread...

Ok then you want me to ''refute'' what you said, let's do that your way:

Gran Turismo 3: 14.89M

Gran Turismo: 10.85M

Gran Turismo 4: 10.52M

Gran Turismo 2: 9.37M

Gran Turismo PSP: 1.17M

From a guy who said GT:PSP wasnt a flop, this is even more funny.

Biased indeed.

I was, but because i dislike you more than anyone else on the site, i decided to respond.

1. GT franchise has nothing to do with this thread.

2. GT PSP was at 1.8 Million units as of December 2009 and will probably be atleast at 2 Million by now... After 6 Months of release. Wheras GTA (a bigger franchise than GT) on DS has struggled to reach 1 Million units in a year... On a platform FAR popular.

3. GT PSP (just like GTA:CW) is a sales flop, as far as the GT series is concerned. I even expected it to do close to 10 Million at one point.

Oh you dislike me, that's mean Carl!!! lol

Well GT5:Prologue sold far better on a far less popular console and is only a demo while GT:PSP on PSP struggled to reach 1 million units (Yes I'm taking VGC numbers). It's still stange to see how you try to damage control a game that you suddenly call a flop...

And I remember you were saying the PSP go! wasnt a flop either because ''It still making Sony money'' so if we follow your standards GTA:CW is still making money to Rock* so we cannot call it a flop...oh wait it's true it's on a Nintendo system it must be a flop!

*sigh*

atma998 said:

Well GT5:Prologue sold far better on a far less popular console and is only a demo while GT:PSP on PSP struggled to reach 1 million units (Yes I'm taking VGC numbers). It's still stange to see how you try to damage control a game that you suddenly call a flop...

And I remember you were saying the PSP go! wasnt a flop either because ''It still making Sony money'' so if we follow your standards GTA:CW is still making money to Rock* so we cannot call it a flop...oh wait it's true it's on a Nintendo system it must be a flop!

*sigh*

I'm sure i've told you before that i dislike you. Oh well.

It didn't struggle to reach 1 Million, if it made it in under 6 Months. And it actually reached 1.8 Million... In under 6 Months. The PD site has shipments AND PSN sales, that's why there is such a big difference in the numbers.

Again... What does PSP Go have to do with the thread? You keep bringing up random stuff... Yet you can't stay on the topic of GTA:CW sales. Why? Stay on topic...

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
atma998 said:

*sigh*

I'm sure i've told you before that i dislike you. Oh well.

It didn't struggle to reach 1 Million, if it made it in under 6 Months. And it actually reached 1.8 Million... In under 6 Months. The PD site has shipments AND PSN sales, that's why there is such a big difference in the numbers.

Again... What does PSP Go have to do with the thread? You keep bringing up random stuff... Yet you can't stay on the topic of GTA:CW sales. Why? Stay on topic...

No, I'm just showing to everybody how your standards differ for Nintendo vs. Sony, maybe thats why you dislike me so much because I'm showing how inconsistent and biased you really are...

Anyway, have fun trying to deny that.

Games4Fun said:
I honestly can not figure out why anyone buys any GTA games, but that is just me. Anyways, 1million for a GTA does look very low, but again never cared for any of those games so I would not really know the difference in game play and view of them.

Because you are a filthy heathen who must be taught the error of your ways.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

atma998 said:

No, I'm just showing to everybody how your standards differ for Nintendo vs. Sony, maybe thats why you dislike me so much because I'm showing how inconsistent and biased you really are...

Anyway, have fun trying to deny that.

Nah, i dislike you because you constantly troll anything Sony. You are well known for it, actually... And have been banned a number of times for it too if i remember correctly 

And didn't i just say that GT PSP is a flop in numbers for the series? Yes... Yes i did.

Have i also said that the GTA:CW on PSP is a flop... Yes. Wow. I must really hate the PSP :/

Now, get back on topic please. We have established i despise the PSP... Now let's move on!

My summation for anyone who cares (I read the whole topic and loved it):

The two heavy hitters were Carl2291 and LordTheNightKnight

Viper1 aptly gave the thread ender on page 16:

Is it low for the brand? Yes.

Is it low for the game? No.

Carl2291 gladly accepted victory on the first question. The problem was that he could not fully accept the validity of the second and many other members were angered by his tunnel vision.

LordTheNightKnight did everything in his power to call Carl2291 out his attempts to provide non-relavent, incorrect, and subjective information that shifted focus away from the second question. Ultimately nothing LordTheNightKnight did mattered. Carl2291 left the argument several times only to return to continue to invalidate promising attempts at congratulating a game with 1mil sales.

Honorable mention goes to Kasz216 for cross referencing newer more accurate VGChartz sales figures with publisher sales figures to raise legitimate questions about possible inaccuracy in VGChartz pre-tracking sales figures.

*I have provided none of my own argument and for the record I don't own any of the current generation consoles or handhelds.

GlingGling said:

My summation for anyone who cares (I read the whole topic and loved it):

The two heavy hitters were Carl2291 and LordTheNightKnight

Viper1 aptly gave the thread ender on page 16:

Is it low for the brand? Yes.

Is it low for the game? No.

Carl2291 gladly accepted victory on the first question. The problem was that he could not fully accept the validity of the second and many other members were angered by his tunnel vision.

LordTheNightKnight did everything in his power to call Carl2291 out his attempts to provide non-relavent, incorrect, and subjective information that shifted focus away from the second question. Ultimately nothing LordTheNightKnight did mattered. Carl2291 left the argument several times only to return to continue to invalidate promising attempts at congratulating a game with 1mil sales.

Honorable mention goes to Kasz216 for cross referencing newer more accurate VGChartz sales figures with publisher sales figures to raise legitimate questions about possible inaccuracy in VGChartz pre-tracking sales figures.

*I have provided none of my own argument and for the record I don't own any of the current generation consoles or handhelds.

Now I don't have to read all these "epic" comments