By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, megaflop GTA: CW for DS reached 1M

CTW sucked, that's why it didn't sell. Same reason 99.9% of third party Wii games don't sell: they suck.

Why is it when trying to figure out why games don't sell it's easy to figure out, but when a game doesn't sell on a NINTENDO console IQs drop 100 or so points.

CTW, why didn't it sell?

IT SUCKED IT SUCKED IT SUCKED IT SUCKED A GREAT BIG FAT DONKEY DICK AND 119 MILLION DS OWNERS AGREE!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network

Still a flop I'm afraid.  It's been bought by less than 1% of DS owners.....

The dude abides   

IMO it sold bad because they made it on the DS, thus having to settle for classic isometric view because of DS limitations, making it not appeal as a GTA game. GTA 1 and 2 on Ps1 were never really popular for same reason. Makes sense considering GTA LC and VC stories sold well on PSP because it's a faithful GTA game. I blame the platform, the game did the best it could with what it had to work with.

MOst people calling CW a failure have a DS and did NOT buy CW. Hypocricy at its best.

routsounmanman said:
MOst people calling CW a failure have a DS and did NOT buy CW. Hypocricy at its best.

?????????????????????????????

The dude abides   

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:
Ail said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

I know it burns you up that Carnival Games has become more relevant than GTA but on the bright side, at least CG sales keep TT around long enough for Rockstar to put out another GTA or two.

Seeing how Carnival Games sells at 20$ a piece or less and the game has sold 500k units in the last year I guess that means TakeTwo have drastically reduced their development budget...........

That's what, 20% of the revenue GTA brought in the last year ? Less ? ( 1 million PS3 copies, 1 millions 360 copies in last 50 weeks + 2x DLCs..)

You think they stopped with the first Carnival Games?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Geez man.  Calm down.

And just for reference, GTA: San Andreas, both versions of GTAIV, GTA: Episodes of Liberty City, and GTA: Chinatown Wars (PSP) could all be found floating around the top 200 last week.  None of the three Carnival Games titles were even close to making the top 200.  All three combined have barely topped six million, compared to over 14 million for GTAIV alone, ignoring the DLC and Episodes of Liberty City.

How's that for relevance.

heedstone said:

By that standard nearly everyone's favorite games have flopped, except for a select few..

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

bmmb1 said:
heedstone said:

By that standard nearly everyone's favorite games have flopped, except for a select few..

Yup

The dude abides   

Bamboleo said:

Chinatown Wars PSP - 410K

The game can't be compared to other GTA's because it relies on a different formula, making it a very niche game.

You can however, compare it to the PSP version and see for yourself you good the game did, and how much of a flop it is on the "hardcore" portable.

It's the game's fault that it "only" sold one million.

You don't want me to post here the DS million sellers and embarrass any system out there that is not a Wii.

Eh, you could agrue that a lot of the PSP base is even more casual than the DS one. Many don't even bother with its gaming functions and use it as a portable media player.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Bamboleo said:

Chinatown Wars PSP - 410K

The game can't be compared to other GTA's because it relies on a different formula, making it a very niche game.

You can however, compare it to the PSP version and see for yourself you good the game did, and how much of a flop it is on the "hardcore" portable.

It's the game's fault that it "only" sold one million.

You don't want me to post here the DS million sellers and embarrass any system out there that is not a Wii.

Eh, you could agrue that a lot of the PSP base is even more casual than the DS one. Many don't even bother with its gaming functions and use it as a portable media player.

Or more likely a portable emulator to play consoles of yesteryear with libraries numbering in the thousands

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000