By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

no1s miles off the gap was 5.3 end of dec here on vgc since then the ps3 has out sold it not shipped by 510k so it would be 4.8 now and going by 100k a month it would of been 4.3 by august had gt5 and if there were no or lesser supply issues i would be correct vgc could even keep its adjusments

doesnt matter though august is still awhiles away anything could still happen or importantly anything could still happen to vgc numbers

but yeah ill admit if things go the way they are now ill be off by 1.5m its all my fault i wasnt smart enough to add in the fact that gt5 could get delayed again like it has or that sony would be conservative and wait things out instead of amping up supply or that vgc would largen the gap by close to a mill and looking at the forums most if not every1 were took by surprised when that happen

im not going to make a thread about my prediction possibly being off but someone else could, see how many posts u get

doesnt matter thought the fact is that even with all these things against the ps3 shortages delayed gt5 vgc adj. it has been able to outsell the 360 by more than 500k from jan-now last year when the ps3 was 400$ and the 360 had its sales surge from jan -mar it was only able to outsell the ps3 by like 200k plus the 360 had no type of shortages whatsoever and was half the price and in some areas more than half the price cheaper than the ps3

in conclusion as the ps3 price drops it will pass the 360 its only a mater of time

Play Me

Around the Network

i think it all depends on natal/move excitement and PS3 pricecut this christmas

John_Doe said:
i think it all depends on natal/move excitement and PS3 pricecut this christmas

It'd be foolish not to factor in a 360 slim/cut too.  

huaxiong90 said:
Wow, that's pretty impressive for PS3 in Others. I was not expecting a surge in sales like that.

Now if Sony would sort out the serious stock issues in America and to a smaller extent the UK...

But especially the US. First the 120GB stocks began to run low, but now it seems even the 250GB are drying up.

trust me dude. 250gb dried up long before the 120's. In fact if you look on Targets website they took down the 250gb listing a long time ago.

BHR-3 said:
next week ps3 will sell alot more than this week it will have a full 7 days of gow3 since these #s are just 1 day for EU and jp should be higher since this weeks wont have gow3 impact in the HW if sony had supply in NA from Jan and even in other areas in the world it would of cut the gap by close to a mill by now

i dont think the supply is full in Eu just a better than NA
it looks like the ps3 will continue beating the 360 by over a 100k a month and maybe more if the supply ever comes so by end of august the gap should be less than 5.1m keep in mind that we'll get official shipment data again so there could be vgc adjustments

Actually, from what we've seen in the first quarter this year, it might be 180-200k a month.

Decent sales allround, but has no one notice the 20%+ drop in DS sales? Talk about going downhill. PSP is floundering about as usual, like a transgender accountant at an AC/DC concert in a nazi pub in London.

Around the Network
letsdance said:
huaxiong90 said:
Wow, that's pretty impressive for PS3 in Others. I was not expecting a surge in sales like that.

Now if Sony would sort out the serious stock issues in America and to a smaller extent the UK...

But especially the US. First the 120GB stocks began to run low, but now it seems even the 250GB are drying up.

trust me dude. 250gb dried up long before the 120's. In fact if you look on Targets website they took down the 250gb listing a long time ago.

They need to sort this out ASAP...

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

PS3 sales are amazing.

Tied with the Wii and breaking the 100k mark when UK was HW-constrained and the big title release is from a niche genre... wow.

Should post a worldwide week of 220k to 360's 155k, so a ~65k difference.

Shame again on SCEA. That could have been closer to a 90k difference if they'd got their act together.

Very good numbers all around for PS3.

CommonMan said:
Why are there shortages in NA then? I'm so confused by Sony's tactics. Are they abandoning the US, the single largest market as a country? It doesn't appear to be supply constrained in other areas, unless we assume that it is and it would have sold 3 billion without constraints. What is going on? Also, man others is really swinging PS3 isn't it? Well, name recognition is pretty important I guess.

Sony is using Nintendo tactics by keeping the market ''thirsty'' in NA

OMG, go PS3!