By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
theprof00 said:
silicon said:
Looks like SONY put their PS3 supply in Europe.

Where they make like, an extra 25 cents per dollar. Damn business practice! People in USA want to play gow3 too@!

@djs too

haha yup. I forgot about that. Put the product where the they can make more money.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Wagram said:
Holy crap. PS3 took a crap all over the 360 in Others.

its not much different to last week.

360 needs some games. Simple as that.  On the back of FFXIII and GOWIII this is surely the least that was expected?

didtn it just have some? it has 6 in the top 20 compared to ps3s 5

Forza3,ODST,L4D2

then Mass Effect 2 for gods sake, Bioshock2, FF13 that even has a bundle in EU, BC2, Metro 2033 and a £159, £199, and £249 price tag compared to ps3 which cost £249 and £299?!!

no Sw coming anytime soon is going to bump its HW in Eu the only thing that can really bump its HW is a price cut how much lower can they even go

Play Me

Ping_ii said:
LOL! clearly shows that the shortages in NA hurted the potential HW boost badly.

but Sony had a release party for another Region on the 27th of march for the official release of the ps3 in that region, they needed more unit's there.

yea I would say it was bad timing but such is life. but I think opening up new market's is alway's  important

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

kowenicki said:
BHR-3 said:
kowenicki said:
BHR-3 said:
next week ps3 will sell alot more than this week it will have a full 7 days of gow3 since these #s are just 1 day for EU and jp should be higher since this weeks wont have gow3 impact in the HW if sony had supply in NA from Jan and even in other areas in the world it would of cut the gap by close to a mill by now

i dont think the supply is full in Eu just a better than NA
it looks like the ps3 will continue beating the 360 by over a 100k a month and maybe more if the supply ever comes so by end of august the gap should be less than 5.1m keep in mind that we'll get official shipment data again so there could be vgc adjustments

pretty sure you said it woud be down to about 3.5m by august after the slim launched...

yeah ur right its not my promblem vgc adjusted the gap by a mill and sony doesnt want to up supply b/c the slim 2100A is coming out or that gt5 march release for JP got pushed back how was i supposed to know all those things would occur back in sept 09

lol... ok.

I thought you were the guru of predictions.... just got lucky before I guess.

low blow

BHR-3 said:
kowenicki said:
Wagram said:
Holy crap. PS3 took a crap all over the 360 in Others.

its not much different to last week.

360 needs some games. Simple as that.  On the back of FFXIII and GOWIII this is surely the least that was expected?

didtn it just have some? it has 6 in the top 20 compared to ps3s 5

Forza3,ODST,L4D2

then Mass Effect 2 for gods sake, Bioshock2, FF13 that even has a bundle in EU, BC2, Metro 2033 and a £159, £199, and £249 price tag compared to ps3 which cost £249 and £299?!!

no Sw coming anytime soon is going to bump its HW in Eu the only thing that can really bump its HW is a price cut how much lower can they even go

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

I haven't been able to say that for a while. Thanks BHR!

Around the Network
CommonMan said:
Why are there shortages in NA then? I'm so confused by Sony's tactics. Are they abandoning the US, the single largest market as a country? It doesn't appear to be supply constrained in other areas, unless we assume that it is and it would have sold 3 billion without constraints. What is going on? Also, man others is really swinging PS3 isn't it? Well, name recognition is pretty important I guess.

if i recall dollars stilll is weak, and the yen got stronger they loose alot of money in the conversion.

and if you see numbers others is abit bigger at the moment

Siko1989 said:
Skeeuk said:
ps3 would be touching 300k for the week if stock issues was healthy in NA.

dude thats abit over confendent with the ps3 non shortage sales dont you think? it would do well in america but 170k would be to huge, i say 120-130k or something

yes it would of stock isnt completly full in EU either they just had the gow3 250gb bundle to help for this week also this is just 1 days worht of sales for EU for gow3

130kA +120kEU+ 20kJP= pretty close to 300k if gow3 had released on the same date as in americas in eu and jp and supply was there it would be well over 300K

Play Me

kowenicki said:
papflesje said:
kowenicki said:
BHR-3 said:
kowenicki said:
BHR-3 said:
next week ps3 will sell alot more than this week it will have a full 7 days of gow3 since these #s are just 1 day for EU and jp should be higher since this weeks wont have gow3 impact in the HW if sony had supply in NA from Jan and even in other areas in the world it would of cut the gap by close to a mill by now

i dont think the supply is full in Eu just a better than NA
it looks like the ps3 will continue beating the 360 by over a 100k a month and maybe more if the supply ever comes so by end of august the gap should be less than 5.1m keep in mind that we'll get official shipment data again so there could be vgc adjustments

pretty sure you said it woud be down to about 3.5m by august after the slim launched...

yeah ur right its not my promblem vgc adjusted the gap by a mill and sony doesnt want to up supply b/c the slim 2100A is coming out or that gt5 march release for JP got pushed back how was i supposed to know all those things would occur back in sept 09

lol... ok.

I thought you were the guru of predictions.... just got lucky before I guess.

low blow

well if he is going to big himself up on his predictions then he has to take the rough with the smooth when he is miles off...    

but I can see he is angry now.. so I'll let it go. 

How can you see he is angry? He hasn't even replied to you since your "low blow". That does not change the fact that is PS3 was not adjusted down by a mil, his 3.5mil prediction would be really close. 

What you're asking of him is like me asking you to take into account future adjustments before you do your graphs... So that you don't have to post the same gap articles 3 times in one week.

Slimebeast said:

We getting crushed. :/

Isn't it wonderful X3

lol! Sooo close!