By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
kowenicki said:

you see my point though I hope? 

Yeah definately. I thought things were much higher last year.

Around the Network

GOW collection was bundled with Ultimate collection in EU. In Spain ultimate edition had 15k preorders. So in rest of others maybe 70-80k?

lol PS3 just kicked some major butt there :D AwESOME!

and gooo PSP!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

CommonMan said:
Why are there shortages in NA then? I'm so confused by Sony's tactics. Are they abandoning the US, the single largest market as a country? It doesn't appear to be supply constrained in other areas, unless we assume that it is and it would have sold 3 billion without constraints. What is going on? Also, man others is really swinging PS3 isn't it? Well, name recognition is pretty important I guess.

I don't think they're ignorning US.  I suspect part of the problem is more down to Sony / some Retailers getting in sync with their view on demand.  In US I bet some retailers have either been slow to respond to PS3 sales increase and also some might actually have given most of their space to 360 and Wii and are looking at how to acutally  accomodate more PS3s.

The signals certainly sound like that from what I'm reading.  So I think in US it's going to take a while for this to settle down.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Wagram said:
Holy crap. PS3 took a crap all over the 360 in Others.

lol!

Those are ridiculous numbers.

Around the Network

PS3 passed 15M in Others

I don't know if this site is realible, but they provided 1st day numbers before VGchartz.

"God of war has been rumoured to have smashed a few records of day one sales, but only in 1st party titles. day one sales for god of war 3 is estimated around 600.000 this is very good especially that final fantasy 13 has just release a week before. We hope the numbers from the other regions are really good aswell, Because good games need good sales."

http://www.spitpod.com/blog/2010/03/17/god-of-war-3-day-1-sales-in-the-americas-0-6million/

This time last year:

DS 143,235
Wii 89,901
PSP 73,100
PS2 60,485
360 56,957
PS3 53,676

Wii up 18K YoY. Which means we should have a positive worldwide after all.
PS3 up over 50K YoY!
360 down 4K.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

wow PS3 did well over there, God of War 3 FTW!!!!

Looks like SONY put their PS3 supply in Europe.