By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War III will be the last big exclusive for the PS3 in 2010

themanwithnoname said:
Wagram said:
It has nothing to do with FF XIII at all. The only thing related is the different devs perspective of the crystal mythos.

This is the last post I'll make. If the crystal mythos exists in both, you can't say it has nothing to do with FF XIII. imo a spinoff doesn't always have to have the same characters, it just has to borrow something from the parent game or series, which if you're talking about the crystal mythos, then it at least fits my definition. Also, they wouldn't have put a XIII on the end of Agito or Versus if they didn't at least have some (doesn't have to be much) relation to each other.

It is a DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE. Therefore NOT THE SAME.

Around the Network

your talk shows did not grab any attention so you decide to resort to these types of threads?

this kind of attention is not he kind you want. cause you will loose those few people that were slightly interested in ur threads before.

anyways,,,,u r not gonna buy any of them so why do you care?(according to yourself)

Maynard_Tool said:
NOt really, GT5 is the next one. But yeah, besides that one, there's not other megaton announced so far.

I disagree.. Modnation racers will be AAA imo, based on the beta alone that game has so much potential, it felt as good as mario kart if not better when I was playing it and that is saying something, to even compare it to mario kart is just huge for any game, considering the fact the king of kart racing is EASILY mario kart.

I expect it to get some rather nice AAA reviews, and I also expect the game to sell a couple of copies, I don't see LBP LTD sales, but around half of that sure..

Also, we are forgetting SOCOM 4 releases this year, and socom was pretty big on the PS2. Gran turismo 5 ofcourse, and I guess that's it for first party thus far with the exception of all those PS MOVE titles.

mM
Carl2291 said:
themanwithnoname said:
phinch1 said:
Wagram said:
phinch1 said:
themanwithnoname said:
How is Versus XIII a new title? It's a spinoff to the 12th sequel of an already existing series!

Im sick of Versus 13 being called a spin off, when it really isnt

It isn't a spin off. It has it's own unique story. Technically it is a standalone game. Now if another game is made in the universe of Versus that doesn't directly relate to Versus, then that is a spin off.

Exactly it is a stand alone game, it is however part of the Fabula Nova crystallis (kinda like a trilogy)
Final fantasy 13
Final fantasy versus 13
Final fantasy agito 13

but calling it a spin off is ridiculous its like calling die hard 2 a spin off of die hard 1

So you're arguing that Versus XIII and Agito XIII are sequels of XIII? How can that be if they're completely unrelated? 

They aren't sequels, and they aren't spinoffs. They are all just part of the "Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII" Series.

Shinji's words -

"The Fabula Nova Crystallis project is not a collection of sequels or ports but several original titles that exist alongside each other."

Yes and Final Fantasy Versus XIII will sell at lest 6M world wide. 

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Kasz216 said:
Carl2291 said:
psrock said:
Kasz216 said:
Gran Turismo 4 didn't even sell 2.5 million in the first week.

It only sold 2.4. So 2.5 while totally possible seems high for "success or fail!"

HD games are having much bigger opening weeks than previous Generation games. GT5 will be huge.

GOW3 on 33 million is selling more than GOW2 on 100 million.

Another great example would be Halo.

And the recently released Final Fantasy XIII.

FFXIII?  Do we even have first week numbers for that for 10?  Other then the 1.9 million 13 didn't do?

I was comparing it to Final Fantasy XII, but whatever. SE have said that FF XIII is the fastest selling in the series history, so...

GTA4 would be another good example.

Around the Network

Don't forget Final Fantasy XIV

Carl2291 said:
Kasz216 said:
Carl2291 said:
psrock said:
Kasz216 said:

It only sold 2.4. So 2.5 while totally possible seems high for "success or fail!"

HD games are having much bigger opening weeks than previous Generation games. GT5 will be huge.

FFXIII?  Do we even have first week numbers for that for 10?  Other then the 1.9 million 13 didn't do?

I was comparing it to Final Fantasy XII, but whatever. SE have said that FF XIII is the fastest selling in the series history, so...

Did the numbers get adjusted up that much?  Because it was below FF12 before then.

Kasz216 said:
Carl2291 said:
Kasz216 said:
Carl2291 said:
psrock said:
Kasz216 said:

Did the numbers get adjusted up that much?  Because it was below FF12 before then.

Yep.

PS3 FFXIII - 2,577,221
360 FFXIII - 665,333
Overall - 3,242,554

This is before any more adjustments that may occur in the coming week of course.

FFXII - 2,815,671

Over 400k more. Despite being 300k behind in Japan.

leo-j said:
Maynard_Tool said:
NOt really, GT5 is the next one. But yeah, besides that one, there's not other megaton announced so far.

I disagree.. Modnation racers will be AAA imo, based on the beta alone that game has so much potential, it felt as good as mario kart if not better when I was playing it and that is saying something, to even compare it to mario kart is just huge for any game, considering the fact the king of kart racing is EASILY mario kart.

I expect it to get some rather nice AAA reviews, and I also expect the game to sell a couple of copies, I don't see LBP LTD sales, but around half of that sure..

Also, we are forgetting SOCOM 4 releases this year, and socom was pretty big on the PS2. Gran turismo 5 ofcourse, and I guess that's it for first party thus far with the exception of all those PS MOVE titles.

Socom is nothing when compared to the big games. You are really comparing a game like GT5 to modnation racers?

Oh well....

Carl2291 said:
Kasz216 said:
Carl2291 said:
Kasz216 said:
Carl2291 said:
psrock said:
Kasz216 said:

Yep.

PS3 FFXIII - 2,930,000
360 FFXIII - 665,333
Overall - 3,242,554

This is before any more adjustments that may occur in the coming week of course.

FFXII - 2,815,671

Over 400k more. Despite being 300k behind in Japan.

fixed

mM