By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War III will be the last big exclusive for the PS3 in 2010

you don't judge a GREAT game by its sales noobzzz

Around the Network

GT5 prologue got 1 million preorders in europe when it released imagine when GT5 comes out.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Gran Turismo is coming out this year
The Agent will be exclusive... it will be huge.
(but who knows if it stands a chance at landing this year)

I will say though, a lot of huge games finally came out that we have known about for years, (sans GT5), so Sony is finally in a position to have really shocking and amazing E3's with game announcements that actually come out this year.

Unlike in the past around the PS3's launch where Sony HAD to tout future exclusives even if they were way out on the release calendar, in order to gain peoples interest in buying a PS3.

That is no longer a problem, now there is mystery in what Sony's first party studios are working on, and I love it. Can't wait till E3!

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

GT5 prologue you know the GT5 demo?It already sold millions and not just that..you had to buy the DEMO too...and people did that,they BOUGHT the GT5 DEMO...will people buy a God Of War 3 demo....maybe but not as much as the GT5 demo
I STATE MY CLAIM

im personally really excited for

the last guardian
twisted metal
resistance 3
final fantasy 14 online
agent
starhawk

im sure there is a ton more but this is all i can think of right now oh yea modnation and dc universe online oh and whatever massive amount of content they show at e3

maybe you should do your research before you shoot stupidity through the net

oh and gt5 will sell more than gow 3 lol

Around the Network

There are a lot of big exclusive for PS3 this year.

And no... GT5 not compare to GoW3... GT is extreme overpower... at minimum will sell twice GoW3.

"In genre fiction, the term parallels the usage in television; it is usually meant to indicate a substantial change in narrative viewpoint and activity from that (previous) storyline based around the activities of the series' principal protagonist(s) and so is a shift to that action and overall narrative thread of some other protagonist(s), which now becomes the central or main thread (storyline) of the new sub-series. The new protagonist generally appears first as a minor or supporting character in the main story line within a given milieu, and it is very common for the previous protagonist to have a supporting or cameo role, at the least as a historical mention, in the new sub-series."

so far as we know, none of the characters are in each other's games. But that could change at e3, we just don't know yet. Secondly, it seems that the world they are on is completely different.
ODST fits the description because it revolves around the events of halo canon, but with a different character. ffx-2 is a spinoff, as is the ff title starring vincent, but from the looks of things, ffV13 is in its own world and characters.

Snake612 said:

Let me clarify what I meant in the title of this thread.

I know there are other exclusives like Killzone 3, Resistance 3, GT5 and FFVersusXIII

but

1) Judging by the sales of Killzone 2, I don't see Killzone 3 having as much as success as God of War III. Killzone 3 will have a strong first week opening but it won't have strong legs weeks after its release.

2) I've pretty much lost all my hope for Gran Turismo 5 because of all the delays and the low preorder numbers.

3) FFversusXIII will do great but my expectations are low because its a new title.

4) I don't think  Resistance 3 will do that great when it comes to LTD.

As for 2010, God of War III owns as the last big excusive for the PS3.

in your opinion, what does one of those games (GT5, Killzone 3, FFVersusXIII) have to sell (I am assuming you're talking about sales and not reviewer scores) to be "big?"

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

God of War III will be the last big exclusive for the PS3 in 2010

he write "last" in name of article f**k guys he fanboy or just stupid. Writing biggest will not touch feelings of fans of GT5,SOCOM4 or just owners of ps3.

...10 pages...

gt5 will be the biggest title of this year full stop.

Just look at how well the previous titles sold, i reckon gt5 will be the biggest exclusive the ps3 will ever have.