By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What will be PS3's first 10 million seller?

What will be PS3's first 10 million seller?

Modern Warfare 2 69 25.27%

Gran Turismo 5 148 54.21%

Grand theft auto next 3 1.10%

none of those will get to 10 million 53 19.41%

Total:273

GT5, MW2, MW3, possibly GTAV!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

GT5 will sell over 1m first day (total WW, if not in JPN ONLY). I expect 1st week sells to be no less than 2.5m, and the game will have incredible legs.

Those are modest numbers, however. 1st day sales will be close to 2m worldwide, with a STRONG 1st week of about 3.5-4m, and lifetime numbers should easily eclipse 10 million before generations end.

Will it get there before MW2? I doubt it, but it'll be playing catch-up like a mofo once it has released.

You have to understand the reasons to give a decent prediction.

GT has THE largest fanbase of any racing simulator in history. GT5 will set benchmarks for graphical realism on the PS3. It also has real-world applications that more than a few race teams have already stated they will take full advantage of. Not only that but the prologue has already sold over 4m, and recent polls show that only about ~35% of people who plan on purchasing GT5 already own the prologue. GT games were also a major console mover for the previous generations, and I already expect week-on-week sales for the ps3 to be up over 100% the entire month of GT5s release. Its one of those games that virtually anyone that owns a PS3 could purchase regardless of their taste in games. And I FIRMLY stand by my statement that it'll be one of the most post-release supported games in history (console, anyway). Patches, track updates, vehicle releases, online gaming additions... etc will continue LONG after the release. DLC will be vast and often. It'll also include full 3D capability which may not have a direct impact now, but will provide it with additional sales throughout the rest of the generation.

Sorry, but there are far more reasons why GT5 would hit 10m than a game like MW2 would. How it has done so well is beyond me. Being overhyped and a CoD game are about as much of an explanation as I can think of, considering I thought the game was extremely lacking in some departments.

i voted modern ware fare 2 , cause it sais who will reach it first, but there is no doubt in my mind what so ever that gt wont reach 10 million, it will reach at least 10 million 100 PERCENT

gran turismo 5 and MW2 will both be 10 million sellers, but it will be MW2 that reaches it first as it has under 3 million left.

MW2 shall be the first and will do it by the end of the holiday season. Not sure if it can do it before

Around the Network

Honestly, I don't know if it will ever have a 10 million seller but if it will it'll be GT 5 I think.

GT5 most likely.
MW2 won't get more than 8 million.

Modern Warfare 2.

4 ≈ One

I don't think Modern Warfare 2 will make it. Anybody who does their research first will find out MW2 is not a great game, and nowhere near CoD4 quality.

I think GT5 will do 10 million and GTA5 could probably do it to if it gets good reviews like GTA4.

MontanaHatchet said:
Modern Warfare 2. It's already over 7 million, and it's going to sell a bunch of copies leading up to this year's holiday season. And since I'm expecting Treyarch's next Call of Duty to disappoint again (although Viet Cong Zombies will be awesome), Modern Warfare 2 should have a strong holiday season.

Grand Theft Auto V (or whatever it may be called) has the potential to be a 10 million seller on the PS3 (and the 360), but it needs to offer a much better online system, as well as get back to sandbox roots. Make tons of crazy shit to do, and the series will have crazy sales once again.

GTA IV has managed 14m sales, which is certainly not bad, but I don't think it will go to a 20m seller overall {when I say overall, I mean PS360} which it would need to to get to 10m

GT 5 should get there, but it will have no chance against MW 2