By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What will be PS3's first 10 million seller?

What will be PS3's first 10 million seller?

Modern Warfare 2 69 25.27%

Gran Turismo 5 148 54.21%

Grand theft auto next 3 1.10%

none of those will get to 10 million 53 19.41%

Total:273
gustave154 said:
Gran Turismo 5 + Prologue will sell 10 million total since Prologue is part of GT5.

Since when do you include demo's or early testers as final version sales. Let me just add all the Halo 3 beta testers to the Halo 3 sales and all the Final Fantasy XIII demo's that shipped with Advent Children Complete in Japan shall I?

OT: I think neither on that list but I haven't checked what MW2 is selling everyweek and I'm not entirely sure on GT5.

Around the Network
mundus6 said:
Lifetime sales I'm pretty sure that GT5 might reach it, MW2 not really, 3 millions more is a lot especially when its declining every month and the 360 version doesn't even hit top 10 anymore. Also there will be Cod7 or w/e its called in 8 months, after that the game wont even sell 1 million copies until the next one arrives.

CoD4 sold a million in 2009.  1.34 million since World at War came out.

Modern Warfare 2. No way Gran Turismo can get there first, being released so late.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

I bet GT5 will do it and BEFORE MW2 or any other game do it.

Nope, I don't see any of them getting to 10 million. Here's why:

MW2: It's at 7.27 right now. I'm seeing sales remaining painfully slow, enough to the point where the places that would keep stocking new-only games would drop it. I'm seeing maybe total sales of 8.25m or so, possibly reaching as high as 9 with a budget re-release. But its legs are long gone, so I don't see it increasing by another third.

GT5: While this has been picking up in Europe, it's also been faltering in NA. And I wouldn't be surprised (though I can't prove, it's only a gut feeling) that with how long it's taken to come out, that MS may have gotten some people won over with Forza. I'm seeing 8-9 million total, based on these factors, and Sony's reduced console dominance in the market. However, IF they bundle it heavily in NA (and moderately in EU), it has a chance at breaking 10. I still think it will be just short though, landing at about 9.75 or so.

GTA: Yeah, just no. GTA4 killed the reputation of the series in many of its fans' eyes. I think it's going to have a slower uptake, and that it's lost some fans. Assuming it stays multi-plat (which I think it will), it won't break 6. It might hit 7.5-8 with exclusivity, but it's not coming close to 10.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Around the Network

I'm predicting that GT5 will be the best selling Gran Tursimo game in America after GT3. It won't be bundled quite as intensively as GT3, but the new NASCAR license that has been getting a lot of promotion will bring in a large, new consumer base for the game in America.

CGI-Quality said:
dunno001 said:

MW2: It's at 7.27 right now. I'm seeing sales remaining painfully slow, enough to the point where the places that would keep stocking new-only games would drop it. I'm seeing maybe total sales of 8.25m or so, possibly reaching as high as 9 with a budget re-release. But its legs are long gone, so I don't see it increasing by another third.

GT5: While this has been picking up in Europe, it's also been faltering in NA. And I wouldn't be surprised (though I can't prove, it's only a gut feeling) that with how long it's taken to come out, that MS may have gotten some people won over with Forza. I'm seeing 8-9 million total, based on these factors, and Sony's reduced console dominance in the market. However, IF they bundle it heavily in NA (and moderately in EU), it has a chance at breaking 10. I still think it will be just short though, landing at about 9.75 or so.

GTA: Yeah, just no. GTA4 killed the reputation of the series in many of its fans' eyes. I think it's going to have a slower uptake, and that it's lost some fans. Assuming it stays multi-plat (which I think it will), it won't break 6. It might hit 7.5-8 with exclusivity, but it's not coming close to 10.

It has? If you're talking the difference between A-Spec & 4, A-Spec was bundled extensively in NA.

GT2 - 3.96 mill (PS1)

GT4 - 2.79 mill (PS2)

GT5:P - 0.96mill (remember, we're talking just a Prologue) (PS3)

GT5 in NA (pre-orders) - #6 with 58,000+ with no release date in sight.

I'm not so certain it falters just yet.

Yeah, just based on the current state of the preorders I think I think I can confidently say that GT5 will outsell GT4 in Americas even without being bundled, which it obviously will be. But anyway OT, I think MW2 will be the first to 10 million. GT5 is coming out to late to make it in time.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

gustave154 said:
Gran Turismo 5 + Prologue will sell 10 million total since Prologue is part of GT5.

haha best spin today.

Halo 3 is at 16 million then? I mean Halo 3 + Halo ODST... Or Halo ODST has a Halo Reach Beta, so we might end up having a 25 million seller...

Modern Warfare 2 + Modern Warfare would make sense, because you can play MW1 maps in MW2.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

dunno001 said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Call+of+Duty+6+-+PS3[28847]&reg2=All&game2=&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=25&weekly=1

So is that no legs? It is still number 12 in the charts

Its really hard for MW2 to reach 10M since sales are declining every week. GT5 can be Sony's first 10M seller.