By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What will be the last big title of this generation?

It will be a Call of Duty. They make them every year and they sell great every year.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Isn't it obvious

Final Fantasy XV

The last FF of a gen ALWAYS comes out on the eve of a new consoles launch (FF9 & FF12 showed this).

On the PS2 I believe the ONLY BIG title after FF12 was GOW2....but even then FF12 was far bigger than GOW2 in terms of success.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

CGI-Quality said:
Carl2291 said:
jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:

Actually. I'm not too sure about this... But don't Sony have publishing rights to anything FF7 in America and Europe?

lol, no.  That's about as crackpot as Nintendo having rights to publish anything FF1 in America and Europe for perpetuity. ;)

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure that Sony have publishing rights for 7 in at least Europe.

If not im also pretty sure it would have appeared on XB Live or something.

You're right Carl.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII

In both America and PAL territories, SCE published Final Fantasy VII.

Thought so.

Wonder if it would hold up with a remake.

Soriku said:
Carl2291 said:
jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:

Actually. I'm not too sure about this... But don't Sony have publishing rights to anything FF7 in America and Europe?

lol, no.  That's about as crackpot as Nintendo having rights to publish anything FF1 in America and Europe for perpetuity. ;)

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure that Sony have publishing rights for 7 in at least Europe.

This is the largest misconception of FF7 ever. I'm not sure if that still holds up for the original FF VII, but a FF VII remake isn't the same as FF VII.

How wont it be the same? It would be the exact same game just having a new coat of paint. And as long as they keep with tradition, and call the remake "Final Fantasy VII"... Then it is VERY likely it would be on a Sony platform IMO.

And i think it must hold up for the original. Otherwise it would likely be on Xbox Live for download, i think.

CGI-Quality said:
Carl2291 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Carl2291 said:
jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:

You're right Carl.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII

In both America and PAL territories, SCE published Final Fantasy VII.

Thought so.

Wonder if it would hold up with a remake.

I'd imagine Sony putting up a decent fight over it. After all, it was THE title that helped propel the PlayStation into monstrous success.

Just as the PlayStation was THE platform that helped propel Final Fantasy to worldwide success

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Carl2291 said:
Soriku said:
Carl2291 said:
jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:

This is the largest misconception of FF7 ever. I'm not sure if that still holds up for the original FF VII, but a FF VII remake isn't the same as FF VII.

How wont it be the same? It would be the exact same game just having a new coat of paint. And as long as they keep with tradition, and call the remake "Final Fantasy VII"... Then it is VERY likely it would be on a Sony platform IMO.

And i think it must hold up for the original. Otherwise it would likely be on Xbox Live for download, i think.

lol, please don't think they'll keep the same exact game but with some better graphics. FF VII remake would be way different from FF VII. We're not talking about some upscale here, we're talking about a full blown remake.

Also I don't think being on PSN but not XBL is enough proof as there's a lot of games on PSN that Sony didn't publish that aren't on XBL.

@CGI

They COULD, but Sony have lost a lot of games this gen that I'd doubt it.

If a FF VII remake happened it would definitely be on a PS console. Question is if SE would put it somewhere else too.

Why would it be way different? Fans don't want everything changing... Fans just want it to look as good as it can. And that's all that's really needed for it.

Well... What other reason is there for the SE games not being on Xbox Live. Or (AFAIK) any PSone games not being on Xbox Live? Resident Evil, MGS, etc.?

Mass Effect 3

Carl2291 said:
jarrod said:

Sony have right of first refusal for that version of Final Fantasy VII.

They make a different version, Sony can't say anything.

This has been gone over many times on this forum. Some of them, you were involved in.

Khuutra said:
Carl2291 said:
jarrod said:

This has been gone over many times on this forum. Some of them, you were involved in.

Ooh. Well... I've slept since then. (And really can't remember the conversations)

And until i ever see proof, i will argue that Sony have some sort of rights to Final Fantasy VII

Carl2291 said:
Khuutra said:

Ooh. Well... I've slept since then. (And really can't remember the conversations)

And until i ever see proof, i will argue that Sony have some sort of rights to Final Fantasy VII

oh for God's sake

Who published the PC version of FFVII in every territory?

Eidos.

Who owns Eidos now?