By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2 Versus Killzone 2 Screenshot Comparison

leo-j said:
Attoyou said:
lets wait to Compare When Crysis 2 IS Finished and we can Get Some Decent Images of it, Xbox360 Version will blow Away KZ2 let Alone PC Version, have no idea how the PS3 version will turn out, Most likely the Same as the 360 Version.

No game on any console*thus far*, Other than maybe Uncharted 2, matches the graphics in KZ2.. every FPS you have played on the 360 or PS3, visually is literally a generation behind that game, and you can quote me on it. I DOUBT even with the footage shown already, CRYSIS 2 on console at least, will look as good as KZ2 does.

What does that make Crysis 1? Three generations ahead? You have some extremely horrible ways of comparing things.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
leo-j said:
Attoyou said:
lets wait to Compare When Crysis 2 IS Finished and we can Get Some Decent Images of it, Xbox360 Version will blow Away KZ2 let Alone PC Version, have no idea how the PS3 version will turn out, Most likely the Same as the 360 Version.

No game on any console*thus far*, Other than maybe Uncharted 2, matches the graphics in KZ2.. every FPS you have played on the 360 or PS3, visually is literally a generation behind that game, and you can quote me on it. I DOUBT even with the footage shown already, CRYSIS 2 on console at least, will look as good as KZ2 does.

Yeah a whole generation behind...sure

Prove me wrong

mM

why is it when ever a killzone 2 shot is given its always a crap screen shot?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Barozi said:
Severance said:
i think these threads are the only thing Crysis is made for.
i NEVER seen anyone talk about the gameplay / storyline / online / features, its just graphics, and i know why that game is heck of a boring! , i hope they make Crysis 2 better.

Online was rubbish in Crysis IMO, but the gameplay is truly awesome. Far better single player experience than Killzone 2.

Storyline is so-so, but the ingame cutscenes make up for that.

well i never been a fan of graphics so to me graphic heavy games don't hit that mark unless they have some depth in them...

i can't remember the last FPS that i played that had this, sure lots of them are great online but the single player was bland.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

mirgro said:
leo-j said:
Attoyou said:

What does that make Crysis 1? Three generations ahead? You have some extremely horrible ways of comparing things.

Crysis isnt that good looking

mM
Around the Network

So easy to start a fan war on graphics. OT I can't see this looking better on a console than KZ2

leo-j said:
mirgro said:
leo-j said:
Attoyou said:

Crysis isnt that good looking

Umm... what? You just discredited anything you have to say about graphics from this point on. Unless you were joking, in which case I'm ashamed I bit.

mirgro said:
9009pc said:
mirgro said:
Hillzone 2's textures are all blurry compared to Crysis 2's. If those are not PC shots of C2 then I'd be interested to know how they can have the textures they have with the small amount of RAM that the PS3/360 has.

has it not got something to do with the games being specifically designed for the console and its hardware were as pc have got a lot of different hardware, meaning to compensate they need more RAM. not sure but I think that is why they are able to get more out of consoles.

I mean I don't know all that much about doing anything on the PS3. But VRAM is basically used to store textured which are later shown on the scren, the less VRAM the less texturing you can have.

well I think it also has something to do with speed the ram works at the ps3 I believe has 256mb of gddr3 ram that clocks at 700mhz and 256mb of xdr ram that clocks at 3.2ghz and then of course there is how fast the processor uses the data. so in other words the processor is able to get data from 256mb of xdr ram faster than an ordinary ram. still doesn't hold several gigabytes like most pc's but it get used quicker.

not actually sure myself how most of that works.

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

9009pc said:
mirgro said:
9009pc said:
mirgro said:
Hillzone 2's textures are all blurry compared to Crysis 2's. If those are not PC shots of C2 then I'd be interested to know how they can have the textures they have with the small amount of RAM that the PS3/360 has.

has it not got something to do with the games being specifically designed for the console and its hardware were as pc have got a lot of different hardware, meaning to compensate they need more RAM. not sure but I think that is why they are able to get more out of consoles.

I mean I don't know all that much about doing anything on the PS3. But VRAM is basically used to store textured which are later shown on the scren, the less VRAM the less texturing you can have.

well I think it also has something to do with speed the ram works at the ps3 I believe has 256mb of gddr3 ram that clocks at 700mhz and 256mb of xdr ram that clocks at 3.2ghz and then of course there is how fast the processor uses the data. so in other words the processor is able to get data from 256mb of xdr ram faster than an ordinary ram. still doesn't hold several gigabytes like most pc's but it get used quicker.

That's what I was thinking. They probably spend a bunch of processor power so they can quickly refresh and and spit out textures on the screen. I have only done basic C programming for the GBA when it comes to graphics and I was never restricted by its available RAM.

mirgro said:
9009pc said:
mirgro said:

Edit: To compare, I'll use WoW. Checking "High Resolution Textures" takes up 1.2 gigs of RAM plus whatever it uses on my 1 gig video card. Going to Low Resolutoin Textures, it drops to 950MB plus whatever got freed from my 1 gig video card.

Indeed, the video memory is quite a trouble for consoles and fps are among the worst offenders because they allow for exteme close-ups of surfaces, so you need more LOD steps.

I'd like to add, though, that those are actual in-game shots of KZ2, a game that chose other image quality features over crispness: the object-based motion blur does wonders against framerate dips in critical moments, but it doesn't really do screenshots much favour. The same could be seen in GoWIII demo/final comparisons, where the final screenshots sometimes appeared more blurry than the demo ones because of the added motion blur, though if you watched it in motion the improved texture and per-pixel lighting detail was evident.

On the other hand the Crysis 2 shots are extra crispy. They are probably using a dedicated "screenshot" rendering mode with extra detail and special treatment of AA and blur - something that I doubt we'll see in real time if not on meaty PCs, if they want to keep the image quality high when in motion.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman