By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2 Versus Killzone 2 Screenshot Comparison

9009pc said:
mirgro said:
9009pc said:
mirgro said:
9009pc said:
mirgro said:
Hillzone 2's textures are all blurry compared to Crysis 2's. If those are not PC shots of C2 then I'd be interested to know how they can have the textures they have with the small amount of RAM that the PS3/360 has.

has it not got something to do with the games being specifically designed for the console and its hardware were as pc have got a lot of different hardware, meaning to compensate they need more RAM. not sure but I think that is why they are able to get more out of consoles.

I mean I don't know all that much about doing anything on the PS3. But VRAM is basically used to store textured which are later shown on the scren, the less VRAM the less texturing you can have.

well I think it also has something to do with speed the ram works at the ps3 I believe has 256mb of gddr3 ram that clocks at 700mhz and 256mb of xdr ram that clocks at 3.2ghz and then of course there is how fast the processor uses the data. so in other words the processor is able to get data from 256mb of xdr ram faster than an ordinary ram. still doesn't hold several gigabytes like most pc's but it get used quicker.

That's what I was thinking. They probably spend a bunch of processor power so they can quickly refresh and and spit out textures on the screen. I have only done basic C programming for the GBA when it comes to graphics and I was never restricted by its available RAM.

I believe naughty dog said they bounced some of the data of the Hard disc drive, now that I am thinking maybe they were using it as virtual memory keeping the stuff that was needed by the processor quickly on the ram but the other stuff could quite easily come from virtual memory, its much slower but its always a method.

I don't know how fast the HDD is on the PS3, but last I chekced it wasn't an SSD. The reading speeds of HDDs are very bad so there must be something else there that we're not getting. I'm sure there're ways to get around the RAM or at least minimize it's negative effects when not in sufficient supply. I'm sure that some technique with good budgeting, chars sharper etc. can easily mask the huge lack of RAM. Although when I saw the fact people were happy about 70MB of extra RAM i didn't know what to say. 70MBs aren 't that much anymore.

@anyone talking about ME/ME2

I don't know if you guys noticed, but people have pixels the size of my thumbnail on their armors.

Around the Network

Wait until KZ3 shots for comparison.

SecondWar said:
Off topic:
Im loling at how stupid and childish STEKSTAV is

On Topic:
Both sets of screenshots look good, but Crysis 2 looks better mostly because the colours are brighter. Stuff like the often gives that effect.

Haha.. i resent that! ;)

Crysis wins by default because it has a BLUE SKY and GREEN TREES! Unheard of in a fps!

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

still, Killzone 2 beats Crysis in technicalities

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

Around the Network

Crysis 2 always. If Crysis 1 is > Killzone 2 then of course Crysis 2 will be >>>> Killzone 2.

Kenoid said:

Pray tell, what technicalities? It's now allowed to have more polygons, better physics, and far better textures so they are being removed form consideration?

mirgro said:
Kenoid said:

Pray tell, what technicalities? It's now allowed to have more polygons, better physics, and far better textures so they are being removed form consideration?

you are so not gonna win in this battle. Ps3 always wins no matter what.

Adobo said:
mirgro said:
Kenoid said:

you are so not gonna win in this battle. Ps3 always wins no matter what.

I agree, when you take out the poly count, the textures, the lighting, and the physics KZ2 definitely wins in which game has more shades of gray and brown and less diversity.

Crysis 2 looks awesome! Hard to tell which one looks better. I'd give Crysis 2 the edge, but Killzone 2 still holds up a year later!