By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - America reachest tipping point

I don't really know what to say. I guess I knew this would happen eventually.

Maybe once whites are no longer the majority we can stop giving extra money and stuff to the current minorities (for Ontario, Canada its Natives).

Around the Network

This is why I'll have to learn how to speak Spanish soon.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Chairman-Mao said:

Maybe once whites are no longer the majority we can stop giving extra money and stuff to the current minorities (for Ontario, Canada its Natives).

Listen I've only taken one Canadian history class

But you guys have at least another hundred years before you are allowed to stop feeling bad about your treatment of the First Nation peoples.

Khuutra said:
Chairman-Mao said:

But you guys have at least another hundred years before you are allowed to stop feeling bad about your treatment of the First Nation peoples.

Okay I know what happened to the natives was totally wrong, but it was my ancestors back in like the 16th and 17th century that did this not my generation. I don't know why we're making reparations for something way back then that we had no control over. We should stop giving them extra money and free educations and have them live amongst us. That way we will be equals.

Chairman-Mao said:
Khuutra said:
Chairman-Mao said:

Okay I know what happened to the natives was totally wrong, but it was my ancestors back in like the 16th and 17th century that did this not my generation. I don't know why we're making reparations for something way back then that we had no control over. We should stop giving them extra money and free educations and have them live amongst us. That way we will be equals.

You guys were still forcibly relocating First Nations peoples and taking children away from their families to go to boarding schools to undermine First Nation culture as recently as like fifty years ago.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Chairman-Mao said:
Khuutra said:
Chairman-Mao said:

You guys were still forcibly relocating First Nations peoples and taking children away from their families to go to boarding schools to undermine First Nation culture as recently as like fifty years ago.

My dad isn't even 50 yet. I'm not saying we (as in the white man many years ago) didn't do them wrong, I'm just saying I, and my family didn't do them any wrong and we shouldn't be paying for it (we pay the taxes that go to native groups).

I think they should just be equals and we stop paying them reparations and they stop complaining. I mean they get massive tax breaks, free educations, and tons of other funding that white people don't get and they STILL complain and want more! Its almost to the point where I don't think they care about us having their land or whatever; they just want to see how much money they can get from us.

Chairman-Mao said:

My dad isn't even 50 yet. I'm not saying we (as in the white man many years ago) didn't do them wrong, I'm just saying I, and my family didn't do them any wrong and we shouldn't be paying for it (we pay the taxes that go to native groups).

I think they should just be equals and we stop paying them reparations and they stop complaining. I mean they get massive tax breaks, free educations, and tons of other funding that white people don't get and they STILL complain and want more! Its almost to the point where I don't think they care about us having their land or whatever; they just want to see how much money they can get from us.

Do you think it might be fair to say that you don't understand their perspective, and that their perspective might be impossible for you to understand in a meaningful way?

Khuutra said:
Chairman-Mao said:

Do you think it might be fair to say that you don't understand their perspective, and that their perspective might be impossible for you to understand in a meaningful way?

That is fair to say. I've never undergone any hardship like they have so its hard for me to be sympathetic.

Chairman-Mao said:
Khuutra said:

That is fair to say. I've never undergone any hardship like they have so its hard for me to be sympathetic.

That's cool. I guess if we both acknowledge that (I have the same limiting perspective as you, I imagine), then I don't really have anything else I can say.

Khuutra said:
Chairman-Mao said:
Khuutra said:

That's cool. I guess if we both acknowledge that (I have the same limiting perspective as you, I imagine), then I don't really have anything else I can say.

Well I'm glad you said that, I sometimes forget about the other side of the argument. I kind of wish I knew more about the issue.