By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - America reachest tipping point

USA is a multicultural country, it was going to happen eventually.

Around the Network

There are a couple things I'd like to comment on about this article:

1. Isn't minority-majority kind of...well, does that really work? If they became the majority, wouldn't they no longer be the minority?

2. I live in one of the most racially diverse states in the whole country (Maryland), and one that's upcoming on the list to become a minority-majority state (joining Hawaii, California, Texas, and New Mexico). Life rolls on here, just like it does in the four states I mentioned (California and New Mexico are nothing to brag about, but that's not the fault of minorities). Honestly, there's a lot of changes that will happen in the next couple of decades. I could make a huge list of them, but the whole point is that they're different from the established order. I don't really care.

3. Asian women have less children than white women. The main issue is the lack of white immigration (there's little motivation for a white European to immigrate to the U.S.). The only white immigrants the U.S. sees these days (for the most part) is Russians and people from former Soviet nations. I should know, since the Russian mafia is situated in my area (or so I've come to believe).

4. I'm fine with it so long as we don't all mix into one big, chocolately cultural milkshake. Let's keep the races separate (all the fun is being different in the first place!).

I cannot even begin to imagine why I would care about America's racial balance tipping in a new direction.

England is probably not that far behind in terms of total non white population born - white population.

The problem I see is certain regions such as parts of London, Birmingham and Bradford have a disproportionally large amount of non whites. For example, 50% of people in Bradford although British, are of Pakistani origin and the whole benefit of a cultural mix is lost because the non white population isn't spread. In London there are regions which are 95%+ white and other which are 95%+ non white.

They seem to all concentrate themselves together which defeats the whole point of mixing up cultures. In my City, there is about 0.9% non white and its a City with 100,000+ people.

MontanaHatchet said:
There are a couple things I'd like to comment on about this article:

1. Isn't minority-majority kind of...well, does that really work? If they became the majority, wouldn't they no longer be the minority?

2. I live in one of the most racially diverse states in the whole country (Maryland), and one that's upcoming on the list to become a minority-majority state (joining Hawaii, California, Texas, and New Mexico). Life rolls on here, just like it does in the four states I mentioned (California and New Mexico are nothing to brag about, but that's not the fault of minorities). Honestly, there's a lot of changes that will happen in the next couple of decades. I could make a huge list of them, but the whole point is that they're different from the established order. I don't really care.

3. Asian women have less children than white women. The main issue is the lack of white immigration (there's little motivation for a white European to immigrate to the U.S.). The only white immigrants the U.S. sees these days (for the most part) is Russians and people from former Soviet nations. I should know, since the Russian mafia is situated in my area (or so I've come to believe).

4. I'm fine with it so long as we don't all mix into one big, chocolately cultural milkshake. Let's keep the races separate (all the fun is being different in the first place!).

Minority means that White people will be less then 50%.

It's importance is mostly in the fact that minorities could theoretically "team up" vs the majority, and that their interests theoretcially have more sway.

The issue being that minorites are often even more racist then the majority when it comes to other minorties.

For example of the above, the makeup could end up....

49% White people

31% Hispanic

10% African American

9% Asian

1% other.

Around the Network

The more educated you are the less children people seem to have. We need to send more minorities to college to prevent over breeding. Not to prevent Whites from becoming minorities, but to prevent continued increase in global population. This is probably a bigger issue in India and China. We need to educate before we destroy our way of living with over population, there is little wonder that the most advanced countries have the lowest birthrates.

Hooray for trivial information!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

MontanaHatchet said:

Or maybe just let people do whatever they want, and accept the results?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Or maybe just let people do whatever they want, and accept the results?

Yeah, it's not that people wouldn't become all one colour anyway.

You just need to look at puerto ricans and other people in that area.  You can look anywhere from black as an african or white as an Irishman with anything inbetween being an option.  People with dark skin colors have white children etc.

Or if the concern is more we'd all have the same habits and traditions... hell, you can't even get that among a race in one country now.

chocoloco said:
The more educated you are the less children people seem to have. We need to send more minorities to college to prevent over breeding. Not to prevent Whites from becoming minorities, but to prevent continued increase in global population. This is probably a bigger issue in India and China. We need to educate before we destroy our way of living with over population, there is little wonder that the most advanced countries have the lowest birthrates.

This seems to be the issue, it makes the poorly educated fall into an even bigger hole. It's a cause for concern because it make the gap between the rich and poor grow even bigger.

OT: Kaz has some merit in what he is saying, there is a good amount of racism in our country. This group hates that group etc. It's unavoidable, but the fact you can't go in some areas of this country, just because the color of your skin is a horrific thing. You couldn't go to some neighborhoods being <insert race here>, hell you can be harassed for THINKING differently in a good chunk of this country. If I could think of one word for the people of the US, it's divided. For a country that is the so-called "mixing pot" such issues shouldn't exist. I fear that eventually people will keep within their own groups and we will segregate ourselves to the point of cutitng contact off with each other. There is too much "us and them"

PSN ID: KingFate_