By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - America reachest tipping point

I think it's odd to group all minorities together. Whites will still be the biggest ethnic group by far. Asians and hispanics wont be teaming up to vote in anti-white presidents...

Around the Network
im_sneaky said:
I think it's odd to group all minorities together. Whites will still be the biggest ethnic group by far. Asians and hispanics wont be teaming up to vote in anti-white presidents...

I think some white people are just freaked out by the idea of not being the majority. I don't know why!

KingFate said:
chocoloco said:
The more educated you are the less children people seem to have. We need to send more minorities to college to prevent over breeding. Not to prevent Whites from becoming minorities, but to prevent continued increase in global population. This is probably a bigger issue in India and China. We need to educate before we destroy our way of living with over population, there is little wonder that the most advanced countries have the lowest birthrates.

This seems to be the issue, it makes the poorly educated fall into an even bigger hole. It's a cause for concern because it make the gap between the rich and poor grow even bigger.

OT: Kaz has some merit in what he is saying, there is a good amount of racism in our country. This group hates that group etc. It's unavoidable, but the fact you can't go in some areas of this country, just because the color of your skin is a horrific thing. You couldn't go to some neighborhoods being , hell you can be harassed for THINKING differently in a good chunk of this country. If I could think of one word for the people of the US, it's divided. For a country that is the so-called "mixing pot" such issues shouldn't exist. I fear that eventually people will keep within their own groups and we will segregate ourselves to the point of cutitng contact off with each other. There is too much "us and them"

My school is like that. At lunch all of the different ethnic groups stay by each other and their is little socialization between the different groups.

gurglesletch said:
KingFate said:
chocoloco said:
The more educated you are the less children people seem to have. We need to send more minorities to college to prevent over breeding. Not to prevent Whites from becoming minorities, but to prevent continued increase in global population. This is probably a bigger issue in India and China. We need to educate before we destroy our way of living with over population, there is little wonder that the most advanced countries have the lowest birthrates.

This seems to be the issue, it makes the poorly educated fall into an even bigger hole. It's a cause for concern because it make the gap between the rich and poor grow even bigger.

OT: Kaz has some merit in what he is saying, there is a good amount of racism in our country. This group hates that group etc. It's unavoidable, but the fact you can't go in some areas of this country, just because the color of your skin is a horrific thing. You couldn't go to some neighborhoods being , hell you can be harassed for THINKING differently in a good chunk of this country. If I could think of one word for the people of the US, it's divided. For a country that is the so-called "mixing pot" such issues shouldn't exist. I fear that eventually people will keep within their own groups and we will segregate ourselves to the point of cutitng contact off with each other. There is too much "us and them"

My school is like that. At lunch all of the different ethnic groups stay by each other and their is little socialization between the different groups.

You go to a weird school... 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

c03n3nj0 said:
gurglesletch said:
KingFate said:
chocoloco said:

That is actually very common, even as adults.

PSN ID: KingFate_

Around the Network
KingFate said:
c03n3nj0 said:
gurglesletch said:
KingFate said:
chocoloco said:

My high school was alwo like that. If you looked over the balcony, you'd see all the different races concentrated into their own groups with minimal interaction. I did an ethnography on it in my honors english class.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

c03n3nj0 said:
gurglesletch said:
KingFate said:
chocoloco said:

Yes, i know.

KingFate said:
chocoloco said:

It's not just our country.  In fact when it comes to racism... i'd actually say there are a lot of problems in every country racism wise... there are a number of europeon countries i'd consider more racist... for example France and Sweeden... and even Canada has it's problems with racism towards native americans and such.

It's just a known fact that world wide... not just in america... minority groups actually tend to be even more racist to other minorities then the majority.  The reason is... they grow up in the majoritys society, that prosrcibes subconsiously that they're normal... normal is seen as good.  So now a black guy sees white people as normal, and black people as normal, everyone else... not so much.

Also, you've got a bit of competition between the different races to be the "favored" minority.

When you do snap judgement tests you'd be surprised just how often positive connotations are given to white people and negative to minorities, in people who aren't even remotely racist.

Heck, even half minority people or full minority people OFTEN attribute negative attributes to their own minority race... rather then the majority race.

Well i dont see anything Wrong with it, USA has always been a ethnically diverse nation it was going to happen eventually. The challenge is to make sure that there is a sense of community in the society and those groups do not grow apart.

adriane23 said:
KingFate said:
c03n3nj0 said:
gurglesletch said:
KingFate said:
chocoloco said:

My high school was alwo like that. If you looked over the balcony, you'd see all the different races concentrated into their own groups with minimal interaction. I did an ethnography on it in my honors english class.

My schools were racially intermixed well... mostly because there was no choice.  

Only about 7% of the students were a minority... so they had to hang out with everybody else. 

Really only lost one friend from Jr Highschool to Highschool because he started hanging out with "people of his race" was kinda funny, acted like he didn't know us.

Wasn't too many racists either... and the ones who were... mostly seemed like people who wanted to fit in with one sub group.

Had one close friend I lost partially because he decided to become a raicst like... at the start of sophmore year.  Which was really hilarious since the summer before school started we could not get him to stop playing the Men In Black soundtrack, mostly putting the first two songs a Will Smith song and Snoop dog song on loop. 

All freaking summer with those two songs, then come school he's suddenly a racist.