By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Offical NPD February 2010 Thread

TheSource said:

Put up my article...

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=7392

The absence of Wii Fit Plus and the fact that all systems (other than Wii in the Jan to Feb 2010 transition) rose from Jan to Feb in both 2009 and 2010 suggests to me that Wii would have been at 500k-550k this month with better supply.

What about the PS3?

How high could it of been if it didn't have supply issues, over 400K maybe even over 450k?

Around the Network

It looks like MSFT is after Canada now:

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Jason from Ontario is a smart guy lol

dolemit3 said:

Thats quite the cut. I wonder if this is a deal 50/50 split between retailers or if Microsoft is offering a lower price console for a short time to snag those who had been waiting for a price cut, sort of like how specials allow retailers/manufacturers to target people who only want to pay a lower price for an item / alternatively they could be clearing stock for a new model, it does say 'whilst stocks last'.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Twistedpixel said:
dolemit3 said:

Thats quite the cut. I wonder if this is a deal 50/50 split between retailers or if Microsoft is offering a lower price console for a short time to snag those who had been waiting for a price cut, sort of like how specials allow retailers/manufacturers to target people who only want to pay a lower price for an item / alternatively they could be clearing stock for a new model, it does say 'whilst stocks last'.

i dont know whos doing the cut...and frankly I dont care.

All I know is that I just bought 2 of them.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Twistedpixel said:

What're you gonna do with 4?!

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Top 20 out:

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Twistedpixel said:
disolitude said:
Twistedpixel said:

What're you gonna do with 4?!

1 goes to parents place...I go there at least once a week. And another will be a present...don't know for whom yet :)

I saw NSMB at 13 and thought, "so low?". Then I realized it's the many years old DS version...

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

PS3 isnt supplied constrained up here in Canada which is why it finished 1st. The Wii can be found but might require you look at more than 1 store to find it. The 360 is still crowding its section plus the ps3+wii section with christmas bundles that havent sold yet.

Microsoft looks like they are getting desperate to try to move it here with the arcade deal, and considering most of my friends with 360's had theirs banned or w/e for piracy they might be looking into cheap arcade's.

Ps. I know Jason from Ontario, and he has been known to lie....and hit the bottle quite often.....im just saying :)

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos