By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Offical NPD February 2010 Thread

Demotruk said:
I saw NSMB at 13 and thought, "so low?". Then I realized it's the many years old DS version...

Well, if anyone asks why nintendo never drops their damn prices... that's a good exhibit A.

Around the Network
dolemit3 said:

Top 20 out:

Wii, Ps3, and 360 all have 6 titles in the top 20.

That's a monster month for the X360. Funny that there wasn't a major exclusive for it released in February though.

It does tell me that if a price cut comes, sales will be boosted through the ceiling. No telling what Natal will do either.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

dolemit3 said:

Top 20 out:

GoW: Collection still in top 20.. YAY!!!

ljigga said:
PS3 isnt supplied constrained up here in Canada which is why it finished 1st. The Wii can be found but might require you look at more than 1 store to find it. The 360 is still crowding its section plus the ps3+wii section with christmas bundles that havent sold yet.

Microsoft looks like they are getting desperate to try to move it here with the arcade deal, and considering most of my friends with 360's had theirs banned or w/e for piracy they might be looking into cheap arcade's.

Ps. I know Jason from Ontario, and he has been known to lie....and hit the bottle quite often.....im just saying :)

because of a 1 week sale in Canada? Canada doesn't even really matter that much in the grand scheme of things because it has a small population (less than the state of California).

Around the Network
matt247 said:
ljigga said:
PS3 isnt supplied constrained up here in Canada which is why it finished 1st. The Wii can be found but might require you look at more than 1 store to find it. The 360 is still crowding its section plus the ps3+wii section with christmas bundles that havent sold yet.

Microsoft looks like they are getting desperate to try to move it here with the arcade deal, and considering most of my friends with 360's had theirs banned or w/e for piracy they might be looking into cheap arcade's.

Ps. I know Jason from Ontario, and he has been known to lie....and hit the bottle quite often.....im just saying :)

because of a 1 week sale in Canada? Canada doesn't even really matter that much in the grand scheme of things because it has a small population (less than the state of California).

If Canada didnt matter to your beloved Microsoft then they wouldnt be having fire sales on arcades. Regardless it doesnt change the fact that the 360 isnt selling that well here. Sorry if I hurt your feelings or something.

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

ljigga said:
matt247 said:
ljigga said:

If Canada didnt matter to your beloved Microsoft then they wouldnt be having fire sales on arcades. Regardless it doesnt change the fact that the 360 isnt selling that well here. Sorry if I hurt your feelings or something.

Retailers are having the sales not MS. No feelings hurt, did you see the 360 destroy the ps3/wii in NPD? Sorry, I didn't relize you were an idiot, if I had know I wouldn't have engaged with you, goodbye.

matt247 said:
ljigga said:
matt247 said:
ljigga said:

Retailers are having the sales not MS. No feelings hurt, did you see the 360 destroy the ps3/wii in NPD? Sorry, I didn't relize you were an idiot, if I had know I wouldn't have engaged with you, goodbye.

A. reported for the insult

B. MS hardly destroyed anything in Feb.

C. Both Ps3 and Wii have been severly constrained... but lets ignore that fact

matt247 said:
ljigga said:
matt247 said:
ljigga said:

Your feelings definitely sound hurt as you are resulting to namecalling, lol quite mature of you.... I saw that happen in the US....but I live in Canada so what happens @ home is more of a concern to me. Its a well known fact that both the Wii/Ps3 are having shortages in the US, should I applaud the 360 for barely selling more than consoles that cant be found on shelves/online because they are in such high demand? Im not saying it didnt sell well, but we should look at the complete picture. Bye!

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos