By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Offical NPD February 2010 Thread

Twistedpixel said:
Kenology said:
dolemit3 said:
Damage control at its finest.

Except when Sony says the same thing, it's the gospel right!?   

Of course when Sony says it, its different. Sony have as hard a time dealing with their failures as they do their successes.

are you two both completely fucking blind?

Around the Network
letsdance said:
Twistedpixel said:
Kenology said:
dolemit3 said:

Except when Sony says the same thing, it's the gospel right!?   

Of course when Sony says it, its different. Sony have as hard a time dealing with their failures as they do their successes.

are you two both completely fucking blind?

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

I have no clue whats that from. But from the looks of it the guy is stating the obvious. Therefor you are saying I'm stating the obvious. So... you are blind?

Anyway, sony gets called out on their "spin" more than any company after NPD by the users. It isnt different when they say it.

And for the record I dont think any company really spins but just basically sums up what npd already said but focus on their specific console(s). I just think the users look for a reason to mock the companies

letsdance said:
I have no clue whats that from. But from the looks of it the guy is stating the obvious. Therefor you are saying I'm stating the obvious. So... you are blind?

Anyway, sony gets called out on their "spin" more than any company after NPD by the users. It isnt different when they say it.

And for the record I dont think any company really spins but just basically sums up what npd already said but focus on their specific console(s). I just think the users look for a reason to mock the companies

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

letsdance said:

Sorry, nothing Nintendo's said yet even comes close to the old "PlayStation Family" regrouping.  :P

Everyone spins, but Nintendo's reponse here (that their top software is seeing significant shortages) is really anything but.   Wii Fit Plus, Sports Resort and Mario Kart Wii all have additional hardware components to supply.  NSMBWii has basically been selling out everything it ships almost immediately since it launched.  Supply definitely looks like an issue.

Around the Network
Sh1nn said:
Posted already ?

"NPD Canada indeed hit today. PlayStation 3 wins the month, finishes in first. 4 out of the top 7 software titles are ps3 (2 360, 1 Wii)"

http://twitter.com/THEKyleMoffatt/status/10341885810

Canada info:

New Super Mario Wii was number one, BioShock 2 360 number 2 and Heavy Rain Number 3.

dolemit3 said:

Except its not damage control, we've seen that ever since the DS lite launched, Nintendo has had problems keeping its supply matching demand, understandable when you have the most popular hardware and software in history.

Why Sony is having problems is anyone's guess

SKU breakdown, per NPD:

Go PSP Go, go.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Wow I had no idea the Arcade and Elite were so close together in sales.

lol @ PSP Go

It's just that simple.

Where is the 250 gig 360?

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4