By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm actually rethinking of buying a Wii now thanks to PlayStation Move

Twistedpixel said:
I expect Sony motion controlled games to be inferior to Nintendos until proved otherwise. Afterall its been that way for the whole generation!

I actually saw footage of all the games they showed off, and it's more responsive and more fluent than anything the Wii has. Wii Motion Plus comes closer to it, but hardly any games support it. I can only think of Wii Sports Resort and Red Steel 2.

The PlayStation Move really impressed me. There's so many more possibilities, especially when they showed that ping pong game. Now if Nintendo could make all the developers support Motion Plus, then I'd be leaning towards still getting a Wii a lot more.

Around the Network

I don't know, if The Last Guardian uses PS Move it will be a a close match between it and Zelda Wii. IMO I liked Shadow of the Colossus better than Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess so I'm leaning more toward The Last Guardian.

foxxycontin said:
Twistedpixel said:
I expect Sony motion controlled games to be inferior to Nintendos until proved otherwise. Afterall its been that way for the whole generation!

I actually saw footage of all the games they showed off, and it's more responsive and more fluent than anything the Wii has. Wii Motion Plus comes closer to it, but hardly any games support it. I can only think of Wii Sports Resort and Red Steel 2.

The PlayStation Move really impressed me. There's so many more possibilities, especially when they showed that ping pong game. Now if Nintendo could make all the developers support Motion Plus, then I'd be leaning towards still getting a Wii a lot more.

Just wait until it gets proved that you can play these games with your arm at rest. If you have to elevate your arm for shooting type games then it'll be worse than waggle.

Btw its not about how responsive the game is, its about how fun the game is.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Xen said:
Carl2291 said:

I don't see any reason for you to make your choice until at least E3.

As for Move... Sony themselves have 24 (i think) games in development for it for this year. And 32 3rd party publishers are backing it.

So you have great 1st party support, and plenty of 3rd party support with it.

Oh, and it's a decent price too.

What a strange statement, Sony have said about having 20 first-party games and 36 from third parties... do the math yourself, haha.

Are they the amount of games being done? I knew i had it wrong in that post...

But still... 56 games for the year. Great start.

"It basically does what the Wii does, but better."

No. It promises to do it better. Wait until these actually come out. If the developers just do flashy waggle games, this will not be better (although I expect reviewers to hypocritically ignore their waggle criticisms even if the control is identical). If some developers make games using full motion that Motion+ has yet to do, that will be a better thing.

But wait. Don't assume the promises here actually make the product better.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

as long as it's not a waggle-fest. or a shovelware fest.

I will be buying the PS3 move.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
leo-j said:
I think im leaving these forums for a bit, until certain people stop laughing at things they are misinformed about.

Don't leave again! D:

People will always act like that. Don't let it get to you. Play some FFXIII or something (You better have it!) and be awesome.

Twistedpixel said:
foxxycontin said:
Twistedpixel said:

Just wait until it gets proved that you can play these games with your arm at rest. If you have to elevate your arm for shooting type games then it'll be worse than waggle.

Btw its not about how responsive the game is, its about how fun the game is.

I saw the one guy playing Socom 4 with his arm at rest, basically with mouse-like precision. I didn't see him have to move anything around once.

Of course it's about how fun the game is. That's what gamings about.

I'm not leaving, Im just going to stop responding to people like that..

it gets annoying, and then when you have a point, they turn on you and say you're a troll

mM
LordTheNightKnight said:
"It basically does what the Wii does, but better."

No. It promises to do it better. Wait until these actually come out. If the developers just do flashy waggle games, this will not be better (although I expect reviewers to hypocritically ignore their waggle criticisms even if the control is identical). If some developers make games using full motion that Motion+ has yet to do, that will be a better thing.

But wait. Don't assume the promises here actually make the product better.

I actually saw footage of it, and the press is playing with the games right now. I saw no waggle during the Socom 4 demonstration. So if the press are playing with it, that means its real. I watched the conference. I'm waiting for more hands-on with people later.