By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm actually rethinking of buying a Wii now thanks to PlayStation Move

Carl2291 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
"It basically does what the Wii does, but better."

No. It promises to do it better. Wait until these actually come out. If the developers just do flashy waggle games, this will not be better (although I expect reviewers to hypocritically ignore their waggle criticisms even if the control is identical). If some developers make games using full motion that Motion+ has yet to do, that will be a better thing.

But wait. Don't assume the promises here actually make the product better.

From what Sony showed from 1st party, very little involved waggle.

The street fighting game had much more impressive motion gaming than anything i've seen on Wii.

And i fail to see how the red part of your post is anything other than your opinion. Move has already proven it is massively accurate, and it also uses a camera. I don't see how it will automatically be a better thing.

I meant if the games made for this are what we hoped with the Wii.

But that is up to the designers, not the tech. Being more accurate will not make the game better if the developers can't make fun motion control.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

foxxycontin,

I am a happy multiplatform owner, and I can tell you that the Wii is an amazing secondary console.

I use it almost as much as my PS3 and 360, but one simply cannot beat the Nintendo franchises.

While the console may not be to my tastes, or to yours (I am one of those who wish it was a super powered tech box but can respect Nintendo for their much needed direction) I will certinaly admit that the games that have effort in them have more than fine graphics.

So that should not be an issue.

The system is more different than the PS3 is, and the motion control while similar, is different enough that it will offer a varying experience.

I will say this: The Wii is the market leader so you can always expect good games to come out for it, even if 3rd party devs dont put effort.

For me personally, I was not just buying a Wii; I was getting a Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, Genesis, Master System, TGFX16, Neo Geo, all in one.

I can honestly say I did not go wrong, and I enjoy all my systems equally.

If you have the means, get both. But the Wii is unique in the sense that no one can duplicate that "Nintendo" feeling.

Its that same magical feeling Disney has...they just "get" it.

Why would the PS Move change your mind at all? Doesn't seem sensible to me. It isn't going to get all the games the Wii has. In fact, it is unlikely to get any of the games already released. As such if you want a Wii for the games then there is as much a reason as ever to get it. Am I missing something here?

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

It's easy to talk about how awesome your upcoming games are.

"It's easy to talk about how awesome your upcoming games are."

This. If you're being swayed by hype, you really need to wait and see if it comes to fruition.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

I'd say hold off on the Wii till at least E3, because with Sony and Microsoft both introducing motion control hardware to their systems this year, I guarantee you that the Wii's price will drop yet again sometime this summer or fall, probably to $149 or maybe even less.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

"omg, the PSmove is soooooo goooood, that it made me completely forget the wii!"; psh, desperate sony fighting, much?

Nintendogamer said:
Doubt any ofthe move titles will match Zelda Wii.

NONE will match Zelda Wii ever. Did you see the PS Move?

1) stupid name

2) DID YOU SEE THE GAMES ON IT! so much boring, Wii had Wii sports and Twilight Princess for launch.

sorry, if you don't want to purchase a Wii, don't buy it. But what the PS Move demonstrates today is lame and totally innacurate. Hope they fix it because it's going to be the biggest mistake of the generation.

The hypocracy on this site makes you all look like fools, but you knew that already.

Did anyone find out if it can point at the screen? Like the wiimote can point, for fps games?

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Let me preface this by saying that I am not making any final judgments on the product yet, these are just my initial impressions:

#1 - That bulb looks like it is begging to get smashed.

#2 - Third parties, basically the same ones who voiced support for the Wii, voicing support for PS Move means nothing. If these developers came up with hardly anything worthwhile for the Wii, why are they all of a sudden going to develop these amazing games for a system that has sold a huge number less consoles, for a peripheral that will most likely have a low to moderate attach rate?

#3 - Wii, minus Nintendo's first party, is a door stop. PS Move, right now, looks like Wii minus Nintendo's first party, except you can't use it as a door stop because the bulb would just break. And yes, I know Sony has a first party too, but it doesn't have the same kind of recognition to draw people in, and on a peripheral device at this price, I fear for the success of it in terms of attach rate to existing PS3 consoles. When Nintendo releases a first party game, it generally sells pretty huge, at least in terms of the big name IPs, Mario, Zelda, etc. Sony doesn't have a proven first party franchise that is going to sell units the way Mario would, or Zelda. Even something like God of War, a huge PS exclusive franchise, does not light the world on fire in terms of sales, and that is without the need to buy a $100 peripheral to play the game.

Anything could happen, and maybe this thing will be the greatest thing ever released, and change gaming forever, but right now the forecast seems to be calling for a monsoon of bullshit.