By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm actually rethinking of buying a Wii now thanks to PlayStation Move

roccerfeller said:
foxxycontin,

I am a happy multiplatform owner, and I can tell you that the Wii is an amazing secondary console.

I use it almost as much as my PS3 and 360, but one simply cannot beat the Nintendo franchises.

While the console may not be to my tastes, or to yours (I am one of those who wish it was a super powered tech box but can respect Nintendo for their much needed direction) I will certinaly admit that the games that have effort in them have more than fine graphics.

So that should not be an issue.

The system is more different than the PS3 is, and the motion control while similar, is different enough that it will offer a varying experience.

I will say this: The Wii is A Nintendo console so you can always expect good games to come out for it, even if 3rd party devs dont put effort.

For me personally, I was not just buying a Wii; I was getting a Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, Genesis, Master System, TGFX16, Neo Geo, all in one.

I can honestly say I did not go wrong, and I enjoy all my systems equally.

If you have the means, get both. But the Wii is unique in the sense that no one can duplicate that "Nintendo" feeling.

Its that same magical feeling Disney has...they just "get" it.

corrected :P

does not matter what number it is all the Nintendo consoles have good games because of Nintendo

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

"Did anyone find out if it can point at the screen? Like the wiimote can point, for fps games?"

Yes, because the expansion pack for Resident Evil 5 uses the controls from RE4 Wii edition.

BTW, to those who said SOCOM being a TPS negates my comments, you have to show the control is unlike an FPS, not merely the perspective (not saying the series is bad, since it's clear the series has fans).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

foxxycontin said:
Carl2291 said:
I don't see any reason for you to make your choice until at least E3.

As for Move... Sony have 24 (i think) games in development for it for this year. And 32 3rd party publishers are backing it.

So you have great 1st party support, and plenty of 3rd party support with it.

Oh, and it's a decent price too.

Yeah, waiting until E3 is a good idea. I want to see what other games they have for it too before I make a real final decision.

You like Klonoa and you still asked the question?

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

I say if you like nintendo franchises a lot get a Wii especially if you have the money. Plus good for a date over your house having the Wii to break the ice is good to get people relaxed (take that as you will)

"Like you know"

foxxycontin said:

I've been thinking of repurchasing a Wii again, after I got rid of it a while back. I made a thread on here asking what good games to get for it and why its worth it. So after a while I planned on getting one, but turns out they're always out of stock. So I'm waiting to get one.

Now the problem is, I currently own the PS3 and want to make the Wii a secondary console. But now that Sony revealed PlayStation Move, I'm sorta rethinking spending $200 on a Wii. After seeing the countless games in motion and how almost every 3rd party developer is behind it, it makes the Wii seem like something I don't need. It basically does what the Wii does, but better.

Though of course, that depends on the software that comes out for the PlayStation Move as opposed to Nintendo's library of games for the Wii. Which means I'll just wait a bit longer in seeing which one is more worth it, or just end up buying both. Not exactly sure, but what's everyone elses opinion about it? Should I continue to wait, get both, or what? =(?

Well peronally the primary reason I own a Wii is for Nintendo's games, not so much the motion controls.

But do what ya want, no one is stopping ya..

Around the Network

Ok every time I am considering to purchase something or not i will post it online

Tthe main flaw in the OP is assuming the motion controls made the Wii, not games that utilized the controls for new game experiences.

If you just want the motion control, then the Move would be enough for you, but if you want the games that interest you on the Wii, then just like any other system, you buy it for the games.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Like everyone in here said, minus the bias crap. It's up to you, just got to make it count!

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

I doubt Sony can give the same kind of internal support Nintendo gives the Wii, and since 3rd parties didn't get motion controls on the Wii there's nothing proving they'll get it on the Playstation 3. Everything from Sony just screams "birdmen".

The main drawback for me is this; A big part of Wii's success, and fun, is due to local multiplayer. WSR's sword fighting against a friend can be great fun. For this to be possible in Sony Sport Champions, it looks like you would need 4 move controllers; 1 each for the sword and shield for each character.
If the initial package ships with 2 move controllers, then you would likely need to spend close to another $100 on the other 2, or around $150 if you need 3. At that point, the bundle itself would cost as much or more than a Wii, remote, nunchuck, Motion+, WiiSports, and WSR.
That, of course, is if the game packaged with Sony's bundle is Sport Champion, and not Move Party! or another, but I assume they would follow the Wii's lead on this, as the sports game really is the best introduction to the peripheral.
The likelihood of seeing big AAA games built ground-up for the Move seems remote, at least initially, as the console itself has the smallest userbase, and this will be a fragmentation of that. Although the argument could very easily be made that we haven't seen much AAA support on the Wii either, aside from Nintendo, and a couple notable exceptions.