By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The motion controllers official name is PlayStation MOVE??

Dgc1808 said:
Thank goodness, something decent. Short, simple, to the point.
Good call, SONY.

Agreed. Changing the name was a good move on Sony's part.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Sounds better than Arc

its sounds better

Sounds better than arc or wand. Stupid thing is they should have announced this on day 1. I never understand why companies would keep their products names hidden. It needs to create buzz, not later confusion.

E3 is going to be interesting with all of these new things coming out plus Zelda.

Severance said:

it seems every name sony chooses end up being not liked by Fans.

they should just announce one and get over it , they are doing this intentionally to see what people's thought before naming it.

Plus PS Move + PSP Go .... sony want's us to GTFO now? =[

Win!

Well Move is better than ARC (I can see people yelling ARC) and Move sounds like a proper Wii Mote Knock Off unlike that Natal (Why a female name???)

Makes no sense..

Around the Network
Garnett said:
Severance said:

it seems every name sony chooses end up being not liked by Fans.

they should just announce one and get over it , they are doing this intentionally to see what people's thought before naming it.

Plus PS Move + PSP Go .... sony want's us to GTFO now? =[

Win!

Well Move is better than ARC (I can see people yelling ARC) and Move sounds like a proper Wii Mote Knock Off unlike that Natal (Why a female name???)

Makes no sense..

I read somewhere Natal was a name suggestion by a brazilian guy working on the project (It means Christmas).

It is also the name of the capital city of one state at the northcoast.

I started liking the name Arc.

But Move seems like it fits. Simple name.

PlayStation EYE.
PlayStation MOVE.
DualSHOCK 3.

You're jumping to conclusions. They've already trademarked "Arc". I'm guessing "Arc" is the controller, and "Move" is the...extra peripheral (to avoid use of the n-word and thus the inevitable calls of "Wii clone!")

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

move is ok, its better than arc, but i preferred gem

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

just "move" doesn't sound that unique. Very generic.

But the same way they came up with dualshock3, they can call it dualmove.

But stills sounds like crap imo.

Gem was the best so far.