By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why can't Nintendo just sue Sony for imitation?

intro94 said:
demitri55 said:
intro94 said:
basically, we are focusing in design here, WAND and NUNCHUK. certainly Sony idea looks a lot closer to the wii mote than anything else.Like the video guy.We can argue that we cant really copyright that, and thats why Sony could copy the idea mostly without any legal threat and thats fair.So i doubt theres a case on that topic for now.

its funny you and boleo keep ignoring or changing your stance when ya are proving wrong LOL. how does it look like the wii-mote and nun-chck? come on give me the similarities. oh thats right you dont even know how the ps3 arc nun-chuck looks like or if it's even a nun-chuck. sony never officially stated "nun-chucks" that was journalists.

actually i already answered that , goshy patent was never referenced anywhere. Nomenclature is not the basis of argument.I didnt change my stance.I already explained why the Midway affair is bogus and most likely entirely false and moved on to the completely different Sony and nintendo new situation.

ohhhh imma so prove you wrong with i find that article shopwing nintendo reference to goshy patents. oh my god this is gonna be sweet shutting you up for good

Around the Network
demitri55 said:
intro94 said:
demitri55 said:
intro94 said:
Bamboleo said:
intro94 said:
demitri55 said:
@bamboleo

i think your bias. just cause its sony they are copying?? how about if nintendo copied this?? and this is from 1999/2000

sorry, if the wii mote were just 2 waggling detectors i dont think it would have worked similarly to motion detection. The case here is that both Wand and WM+ track full movement with the aid of sensors. Not just acceleration.In fact...I doubt ninty looked at this way back.The fact is you cant do anything wii mote related with that kind of tech in the video. Shooters?comon. Swordplay?Really? it doesnt tracks movement.Just records waggling. I see why this type of ideas didnt took off.

Ditto

again i repeat myself. Nintendo Motion sensing patents were developed by the company Gyration(a company that existed before this Goshy guy), A COMPANY INVOLVED IN MOTION SENSING FOR 18 years. Nintendo aproached them in 2001. And paid them, and hired them to work with them.And paid for their use of THEIR patents.

So choice one:
Nintendo, as stated officially, aproached Gyration-a company that focused in motion controls and devices- and co-developed the wiimote.

choice 2.
Nintendo aproaches midway, hides the fact, falsely ackwnoledges Gyration, which by coincidence did have motion patents prior 2000, pays Gyration even tho it had to pay Midway and this fella. Just for kicks you know.Midway keeps it quiet, and dont care , 10 years later Goshy decides to sue in a complicated case.

Choice are officinal statements. Choice b are a bunch of rumors.It was most likely a -passing coincidence-i give props to goshy for coming with a similar idea back then, but comon.

What we talk about here are similar control schemes, motion-acceleration and sensors.

and when nintendo/gyriation or who ever you want to bring up 'ILL REPEAT MYSELF' they made a reference to goshy patents. which is rumored to have been sold to nintendo by midway and then later goshy was fired to avoid being payed royalties. this is why goshy is planning on suing nintendo and ex-midway founders. you cant say the wii-mote wasnt inspired or copied off of this when nintendo or gyiration REFERENCE goshy patents. when you reference someone elses patents it means you are 'using or building from an existing product or idea'.

thing is...nor gyration nor Nintendo patents actually reference pat goshy in any way or form..Despite what goshy might claim.And it makes sense. Gyration technology already had all the elements pat goshy showed years earlier. So he couldnt sue for something others already had put together.Ok, i will rest this case saying this: I can ensure you will never hear Midway or Pat receiving a cent from Nintendo , EVER. You can explain it because nintendo bribes the court or has too many good lawyers or simply because they have no case. But thats how its gonna be.Now, back to topic.

AHAhAHAH LOL LOL!!! did you just really say this?? now i know you have no idea or knowledge about this case or topic. nintendo and gyiration patent does reference goshy patents (wish i can use a certain word to describe you). oh my god imma so get the article that even shows nintendo patent reference goshy to shut you up so badly LOL LOL.

p.s midway sold the patents to nintendo so midway got their money. goshy was axed and rumored to have been because they didnt want to give him any royalties.

do i really want to know about that case?ah you mean this

Update: Patrick's wife Sheri contacted us to set the story straight and says that Patrick isn't suing Nintendo (yet). She also gave us the link to the news story, which provides some further info and a Nintendo statement which denies any Goschy involvement in the Wii's technology.

furthermore. HE claimed he holds the related patents. Basically ,and listen carefully(this is off this topic but i guess i wanna be clear with you).

He says MY patents are related.(reason of the case).

That doesnt means his patents ARE related. See the difference?And because they are not related, the wiimote patent doesnt mention him ,not even as reference.

This reminds me of the lindsay lohan law suit.... just completely retarded

intro94 said:
demitri55 said:
intro94 said:
demitri55 said:
intro94 said:
Bamboleo said:
intro94 said:
demitri55 said:
@bamboleo

i think your bias. just cause its sony they are copying?? how about if nintendo copied this?? and this is from 1999/2000

sorry, if the wii mote were just 2 waggling detectors i dont think it would have worked similarly to motion detection. The case here is that both Wand and WM+ track full movement with the aid of sensors. Not just acceleration.In fact...I doubt ninty looked at this way back.The fact is you cant do anything wii mote related with that kind of tech in the video. Shooters?comon. Swordplay?Really? it doesnt tracks movement.Just records waggling. I see why this type of ideas didnt took off.

Ditto

again i repeat myself. Nintendo Motion sensing patents were developed by the company Gyration(a company that existed before this Goshy guy), A COMPANY INVOLVED IN MOTION SENSING FOR 18 years. Nintendo aproached them in 2001. And paid them, and hired them to work with them.And paid for their use of THEIR patents.

So choice one:
Nintendo, as stated officially, aproached Gyration-a company that focused in motion controls and devices- and co-developed the wiimote.

choice 2.
Nintendo aproaches midway, hides the fact, falsely ackwnoledges Gyration, which by coincidence did have motion patents prior 2000, pays Gyration even tho it had to pay Midway and this fella. Just for kicks you know.Midway keeps it quiet, and dont care , 10 years later Goshy decides to sue in a complicated case.

Choice are officinal statements. Choice b are a bunch of rumors.It was most likely a -passing coincidence-i give props to goshy for coming with a similar idea back then, but comon.

What we talk about here are similar control schemes, motion-acceleration and sensors.

and when nintendo/gyriation or who ever you want to bring up 'ILL REPEAT MYSELF' they made a reference to goshy patents. which is rumored to have been sold to nintendo by midway and then later goshy was fired to avoid being payed royalties. this is why goshy is planning on suing nintendo and ex-midway founders. you cant say the wii-mote wasnt inspired or copied off of this when nintendo or gyiration REFERENCE goshy patents. when you reference someone elses patents it means you are 'using or building from an existing product or idea'.

thing is...nor gyration nor Nintendo patents actually reference pat goshy in any way or form..Despite what goshy might claim.And it makes sense. Gyration technology already had all the elements pat goshy showed years earlier. So he couldnt sue for something others already had put together.Ok, i will rest this case saying this: I can ensure you will never hear Midway or Pat receiving a cent from Nintendo , EVER. You can explain it because nintendo bribes the court or has too many good lawyers or simply because they have no case. But thats how its gonna be.Now, back to topic.

AHAhAHAH LOL LOL!!! did you just really say this?? now i know you have no idea or knowledge about this case or topic. nintendo and gyiration patent does reference goshy patents (wish i can use a certain word to describe you). oh my god imma so get the article that even shows nintendo patent reference goshy to shut you up so badly LOL LOL.

p.s midway sold the patents to nintendo so midway got their money. goshy was axed and rumored to have been because they didnt want to give him any royalties.

do i really want to know about that case?ah you mean this

Update: Patrick's wife Sheri contacted us to set the story straight and says that Patrick isn't suing Nintendo (yet). She also gave us the link to the news story, which provides some further info and a Nintendo statement which denies any Goschy involvement in the Wii's technology.

furthermore. HE claimed he holds the related patents. Basically ,and listen carefully(this is off this topic but i guess i wanna be clear with you).

He says MY patents are related.(reason of the case).

That doesnt means his patents ARE related. See the difference?And because they are not related, the wiimote patent doesnt mention him ,not even as reference.

you jsut dont know how to argue huh? oh man imma so get you. dont think your out of it yet buddy. oh man this is gonna be sweet!!!! that piece of that article doesnt help you either btw lol. oh man get ready to get shut

You can't patent ideas only how the idea is executed, Sony's method of execution is different as it uses a camera to pick up the sensor on the wand which also has the motion tech, the Wiimote however has a built in IR sensor along with the motion tech which picks up the IR points on the sensor bar to detect where the screen is and act as a pointer. It's why you can light two candles and use them instead of a sensor bar, these two differences are more then enough to avoid lawsuits much like why Sony can't sue MS for Natal despite have the Eyetoy and PSeye.

Either way I think Nintendo are actually happy at the attempt as it's now putting Sony where they want them, playing catch up to them in a new market.

Around the Network

Sorry im loling atm ) i be back later.

oh you jsut got shutting up

"So, does he have a case? There are two US patents, both filed in 1999, that cite Goschy as an inventor (6315673, 6545661) - the latter was referenced by Nintendo in a patent filed in April 2003 for a "game device changing sound and an image in accordance with a tilt operation,"

and

"laying the foundation for the Wii remote."

oh come on dude ask for the link!!! cause i got more evidence. i even got scren shots of nintendo patent reference to goschy patent come on ask for it!! oh sweet mother of god i shut this dude up.

nintendo reference his patent meaning you cant argue and say the wii-mote wasnt copied or inspired by goschy invention. like i always been arguing about. when you reference someone elses patent it means you are building from an existing product or idea (again what i been arguing about)

YOU JUST GOT OWNED!!! want the article link??

I don't understand why fans of a certain company get up in arms about things like this. Isn't it the job of Nintendo's lawyers to determine if there's a case against Sony, not random forum posters with little to no knowledge in the area they're trying to discuss?

Why do you guys care if they sue Sony? This is absurd.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

"demtri55 is a moron, and should probably learn to shut his mouth and not act so juvenille." ~Jesus.

Want the link??
Oh, dude, I just gave you such a shutting up.
Come on dude, ask for the link!
YOU JUST GOT OWNED!!!

come on intro94 imma wait here all day like a loser waiting for you. imma put my life aside jsut to shut you up while youre here and not pretending like you went somewhere else