By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why can't Nintendo just sue Sony for imitation?

demitri55 said:
Sempuukyaku said:
demitri55 said:
Bamboleo said:
t2k said:
Nintendo benefits from broadening the gaming market, suing every company/competitor that 'mimics' them, 'borrows' their 'ideas' presents Nintendo in a bad light and stops further growth of the gaming industry.

In short: Nintendo are NOT Apple

I wish Nintendo WAS Apple.

Sony would be forced to stop the rip off factory in no time.

again nintendo doesnt own motion controlls. in fact read my comment on page 3. also that midway employee is planning on suing nintendo

LOL. Unless you have some sort of link, evidence, or proof to any of what you just said.....stop talking out of your ass.

read from page 3 and up or even this pageand youll see all the evidence

That Youtube video is EVIDENCE? You have got to be kidding me. If you think that the design he came up with is anything even remotely like Nintendo's system, then that's pretty sad trolling.

Around the Network
Sempuukyaku said:
demitri55 said:
Sempuukyaku said:
demitri55 said:
Bamboleo said:
t2k said:
Nintendo benefits from broadening the gaming market, suing every company/competitor that 'mimics' them, 'borrows' their 'ideas' presents Nintendo in a bad light and stops further growth of the gaming industry.

again nintendo doesnt own motion controlls. in fact read my comment on page 3. also that midway employee is planning on suing nintendo

LOL. Unless you have some sort of link, evidence, or proof to any of what you just said.....stop talking out of your ass.

That Youtube video is EVIDENCE? You have got to be kidding me. If you think that the design he came up with is anything even remotely like Nintendo's system, then that's pretty sad trolling.

how about nintendo referencing goschy patent?? is that evidence enough or not?? please it seems you are trolling and im asking you to leave me alone IF YOU have nothing to argue about i suggest you go somewhere else.

Bamboleo said:

If Apple can sue HTC for 20 iPhone patents infringment (http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/03/02patents.html ) there is something that Nintendo can't do.

All this imitation can't just be created and launched just like that.

For an instance I just hate Nintendo to be so dumb about their creations and not taking the necessary measures to prevent blatant copy.

How about you take a few years, go to law school, and figure it out.  just because two scenarios seem similar doe snot make them identical so you haven't shown a logical comparrison.

are you seriously suggesting that of all the highly skilled lawyers in the world, not to mention Nintendo's own interest in protecting their ideas, that if there was a case here you have identified it with your apparent lack of knowledge of the law and yet those skilled profesional can't figure it out.

the answer is simple -- because there is no infringement.  case closed.

Probably because the Arc has a big fugly ball at the end?

Do not know for sure, there are lawyers that just deal with this kinda stuff, so way above my head

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

demitri55 said:
Sempuukyaku said:
demitri55 said:
Sempuukyaku said:
demitri55 said:
Bamboleo said:
t2k said:

how about nintendo referencing goschy patent?? is that evidence enough or not?? please it seems you are trolling and im asking you to leave me alone IF YOU have nothing to argue about i suggest you go somewhere else.

Sigh.

THIS is his patent:

http://www.google.com/patents?id=w4EOAAAAEBAJ&zoom=4&pg=PA1#v=onepage&q=&f=false

His system is practically a Nintendo light-gun zapper with a built in accelerometer! That's not even in the same stratosphere as Nintendo's system, and you know it. And me trolling? This is the Nintendo forum....you know, for Nintendo fans? Not for people who clearly are not fans and make shit up to try and have some sembalance of an arguement.

By the way, this is the original article from the "so-called lawsuit" that you're mentioning....from 2008.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/14/ex-midway-guy-suing-nintendo-for-wiimote-controls-has-himself-s/

Wanna know the reason he hasn't sued Nintendo? It's because HE HAS NO CASE. He'd be laughed out of the courtroom for even trying to make the argument that this system is anything like Nintendo's. So this is clearly a non-issue, but you knew that....didn't you?

Around the Network

I'll say this again. You can only patent a method, not an idea.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Sempuukyaku said:
demitri55 said:
Sempuukyaku said:
demitri55 said:
Sempuukyaku said:
demitri55 said:
Bamboleo said:
t2k said:

Sigh.

THIS is his patent:

http://www.google.com/patents?id=w4EOAAAAEBAJ&zoom=4&pg=PA1#v=onepage&q=&f=false

His system is practically a Nintendo light-gun zapper with a built in accelerometer! That's not even in the same stratosphere as Nintendo's system, and you know it. And me trolling? This is the Nintendo forum....you know, for Nintendo fans? Not for people who clearly are not fans and make shit up to try and have some sembalance of an arguement.

By the way, this is the original article from the "so-called lawsuit" that you're mentioning....from 2008.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/14/ex-midway-guy-suing-nintendo-for-wiimote-controls-has-himself-s/

Wanna know the reason he hasn't sued Nintendo? It's because HE HAS NO CASE. He'd be laughed out of the courtroom for even trying to make the argument that this system is anything like Nintendo's. So this is clearly a non-issue, but you knew that....didn't you?

oh wow. im not even goign to botther you just lost this arguement with what you posted. another nintendo fan bites the dust. hm must be nintendo fan owning day LOL. i knew you were a troll when you gave an indication that nintendo owns motion controls

...because of the same reason Sony can't sue MS for Natal, even if it's similar to EyeToy.

They're different techs. if people would really look into it, they would that they're completely different.

aAll the Nintendo fanboys just need to shut the f*ck up. Arc is different to Wiimote.

Sony fanboys need to shut up, too. Natal is different to EyeToy.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

point is nintendo does not own motion control rights. nintendo has no case against sony. there is no similarity besides the concept that both devices share which isnt own by nintendo and thats motion sensing and if thats your case you must of forgotten about past motion sensing devices and the playstation eye. conversation ending me 5 wins nintendo fans 0 LOL. ah im glad i stop supporting nintendo before this generation i wouldnt want to deal with the "new fans" of these generation like the ones being displayed here

demitri55 said:

point is nintendo does not own motion control rights. nintendo has no case against sony. there is no similarity besides the concept that both devices share which isnt own by nintendo and thats motion sensing and if thats your case you must of forgotten about past motion sensing devices and the playstation eye. conversation ending me 5 wins nintendo fans 0 LOL. ah im glad i stop supporting nintendo before this generation i wouldnt want to deal with the "new fans" of these generation like the ones being displayed here

Hey, don't lay all this on "Nintendo fans".  Quite a few of us Nintendo fans in here understand there is no case.

The rEVOLution is not being televised