By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why can't Nintendo just sue Sony for imitation?

They were working on motion sensors before, but the form of the controllers and the games show that the Wii made them actually implement it and in a very similar manner to the way Nintendo did it.

This is neither bad nor good. The games will decide if this was a good idea or not.

Can we all agree on those?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
zzamaro said:
Shonen said:
I dont think nintendo even cares about it , cuz you see , they will come up with something so beyond that , that dont worth the money to this ...

Also you cant patent something like this it would be like someone that make a patent for TV ... all you can do is protect the method of how its done, but you can always try to do it , but nintendo wont give a darm for what MS and Sony are doing nintendo is all ready 5 years ahead anyways ...besides nintendo also had define how traditional controller are with the nes controller and they did sue anyone , so why the hell do it now ?

Oh, yeah, dude, like in the gamecube/ps2 days, when sony created a new way of play, EYETOY, no need of controller.

And it become a new standard for game industry !

-SARCASTIC COMMENT MODE ON-

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

intro94 said:
demitri55 said:
intro94 said:
demitri55 said:

point is nintendo does not own motion control rights. nintendo has no case against sony. there is no similarity besides the concept that both devices share which isnt own by nintendo and thats motion sensing and if thats your case you must of forgotten about past motion sensing devices and the playstation eye. conversation ending me 5 wins nintendo fans 0 LOL. ah im glad i stop supporting nintendo before this generation i wouldnt want to deal with the "new fans" of these generation like the ones being displayed here

i couldnt stay here all morning , even tho your replies are amusing.Did you find the document where nintendo references Goschi`s patent?I hope so. you couldnt prove a single thing of your statements i guess.

i did but you so call "left". well im leaving cause even though i figured it out long ago you guys are nothing but trolls. so ill stop feeding you and walk away like everyone else did

i dunno i checked the following posts. You couldnt find any document or printed information or anything where as you lied, his work is referenced.Im not lying, like some.Im just looking for the truth.If you were right, i would accept and say Oh nintendo did reference his work.Why arent they paying him.I would be wondering how they got away with referencing his work and not paying him any royalty. But the truth is the obvious one, they didnt reference him, because they had no idea of his work, nor looked into it.You said you would show me proof, you showed nothing. There is nothing.

Here is a video from Fox news that shows Nintendo referenced Goschy. The reference is at 1:10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKtZysYGDLE

Proof enough for you?

I don't think the question is whether Nintendo can/should sue sony for using motion controllers, the issue is that Sony has released a product almost identical to Nintendo's Wimote and Nunchuck, even the marketing is identical: http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/2702/comparen.png

see....

t2k said:

I don't think the question is whether Nintendo can/should sue sony for using motion controllers, the issue is that Sony has released a product almost identical to Nintendo's Wimote and Nunchuck, even the marketing is identical: http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/2702/comparen.png

see....

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs