By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why can't Nintendo just sue Sony for imitation?

Bamboleo said:

If Apple can sue HTC for 20 iPhone patents infringment (http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/03/02patents.html ) there is something that Nintendo can't do.

All this imitation can't just be created and launched just like that.

For an instance I just hate Nintendo to be so dumb about their creations and not taking the necessary measures to prevent blatant copy.

I for one, can see Apple thrown out of court and have their patents stripped from them.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
Shonen said:
I dont think nintendo even cares about it , cuz you see , they will come up with something so beyond that , that dont worth the money to this ...

Also you cant patent something like this it would be like someone that make a patent for TV ... all you can do is protect the method of how its done, but you can always try to do it , but nintendo wont give a darm for what MS and Sony are doing nintendo is all ready 5 years ahead anyways ...besides nintendo also had define how traditional controller are with the nes controller and they did sue anyone , so why the hell do it now ?

Oh, yeah, dude, like in the gamecube/ps2 days, when sony created a new way of play, EYETOY, no need of controller.

Sorry for bad English.

If motion control becomes standard next gen then they all need to be somewhat similar. Three totally different control schemes would be a pain for third parties.

Signalstar said:
Sony probably patented these things long ago. I mean they show us video of the same technology back in the PS2 days.

The idea has already been executed a long time ago in an eyetoy demo anyway, and this was before the wii. How hard is it for anyone to grasp this fact is beyond me. Its amazing how people these days just "don't want" to acknowledge the fact that sony were the first to execute the concept, even if its just a demo.

Imitation isn't against the law.

Around the Network
Gintoki said:
leo-j said:
because sony aren't imitating nintendo?

NINTENDO did influence them in making it a gaming peripheral, I am sure they didn't intend on releasing "PS ARC" yet anyway..

That's eyetoy and a lollipop

CONGRATULATIONS! You've given the most smart quote here! That explains everything.

Sorry for bad English.

Shonen said:
Damnyouall said:

Save your breath, erm, fingers. Bamboleo is purpously ignoring the facts and twists reality around the way it fits his biased point of view.

Fact: Nintendo didn't invent video gaming.
Fact: Nintendo didn't invent the analog stick
Fact: Nintendo didn't invent motion controllers.

EDIT: Now he even reported me, "for spamming his thread".

FACT: NINTENDO DID RE-CREATED THE CONCEPT OF GAMING WITH THE NES,GAMEBOY,DS AND THE Wii.

FACT: NINTENDO WAS THE FIRST TO MAKE REAL USE OF ANALOG STICKS FOR 3D GAMES (AND THE ONE THAT MADE IT STANDARD).

FACT: NINTENDO MADE MOTION CONTROLLERS STANDARD. 

FACT: NINTENDO DID CREATED RUMBLE ON GAMING

FACT: NINTEDNO CREATED THE D-PAD ON THE GAME&WATCH

FACT: NINTENDO CREATED THE CONCEPT OF SHOULDER BUTTONS ON THE SNES

FACT: I HAVE NOTHING MORE TO ADD

Making motion standard in some way is a big mistake, if you ask me. Remember the virtual boy? Making 3D gaming standard didn't work. Now, imagine if Sony would make a eyetoy only console, we would only had many many crappy games, and the PS2 Eyetoy had many bad games, it was going to be the worst desicion making a eyetoy standard console. Yes, Wii is a great console, but if you see at the games, most of them in wii's library are bad games, obviously I'm not talking about Nintendo games some few 3rd party games..

Sorry for bad English.

Nintendo dont wanna do it.

That's it.

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

in a perfect world we could all just kick Sony in the nuts...

So sick of those talentless hacks bashing their way though the games market by shamelessly copying everything Nintendo does.

I'm not saying competition is a bad thing, I'm not saying they don't have a legal right to rip off whatever they can get away with.

I'm saying I want to kick them in the nuts, one good one as hard as I can, then we're even.

Wonktonodi said:
CloudPhoenix said:
Who cares? The wand or arc, will flop imo, PS3 is a Mature System, I can't see Adults playing motion games on PS3

sixaxis

Do you not realise that the PS3 main audience is teen-twenty something males. This is not a mature audience and the games made on the system are not art.

Wii has a far older demographic segment. People like lapsed gamers, parents and women. Now, that is a mature audience.

I can't believe people are still mistaking violence and swearing for mature. GTA is not mature, COD is not mature. They're adolescent.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.