By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why can't Nintendo just sue Sony for imitation?

demitri55 said:

point is nintendo does not own motion control rights. nintendo has no case against sony. there is no similarity besides the concept that both devices share which isnt own by nintendo and thats motion sensing and if thats your case you must of forgotten about past motion sensing devices and the playstation eye. conversation ending me 5 wins nintendo fans 0 LOL. ah im glad i stop supporting nintendo before this generation i wouldnt want to deal with the "new fans" of these generation like the ones being displayed here

1st off, now you are just blatantly trolling, and I've reported your post.

2nd off, I've seen one Nintendo fan in here suggest that Sony should be sued. The rest of us quickly and definitively dismissed your ridiculous assertion that Nintendo "stole" Goschy's motion sensing patent. It's false, has been proven false, and you know it's false.

Around the Network

@Sempuukyaku

since i have a life ill say this now before i leave. yes you won. because clearly anyone who gives the indication that nintendo owns motion control rights deserves to win and you my friend won. so by all means necessary take this 'win" LOL.

@Viper1

yeah i know not all nintendo fans are like the ones being displayed here but unfortunately theres to many of them than there is good

Sempuukyaku said:
demitri55 said:

point is nintendo does not own motion control rights. nintendo has no case against sony. there is no similarity besides the concept that both devices share which isnt own by nintendo and thats motion sensing and if thats your case you must of forgotten about past motion sensing devices and the playstation eye. conversation ending me 5 wins nintendo fans 0 LOL. ah im glad i stop supporting nintendo before this generation i wouldnt want to deal with the "new fans" of these generation like the ones being displayed here

1st off, now you are just blatantly trolling, and I've reported your post.

2nd off, I've seen one Nintendo fan in here suggest that Sony should be sued. The rest of us quickly and definitively dismissed your ridiculous assertion that Nintendo "stole" Goschy's motion sensing patent. It's false, has been proven false, and you know it's false.

i never said nintendo "stole" goschy patent? and im trolling? yeah dude you are putting words in my mouth now. youre the own who blatantly said i should "stop talking from my ass" and gave an indication that nitendo owns montion controls. so ill report you then. and my statement isnt false i have evidence you in the other hand have no idea what you are talking about thats why i dismissed you post. report me im doing nothing wrong. you int he other hand are indeed trolling

demitri55 said:
Bamboleo said:
intro94 said:
demitri55 said:
@bamboleo

i think your bias. just cause its sony they are copying?? how about if nintendo copied this?? and this is from 1999/2000

sorry, if the wii mote were just 2 waggling detectors i dont think it would have worked similarly to motion detection. The case here is that both Wand and WM+ track full movement with the aid of sensors. Not just acceleration.In fact...I doubt ninty looked at this way back.The fact is you cant do anything wii mote related with that kind of tech in the video. Shooters?comon. Swordplay?Really? it doesnt tracks movement.Just records waggling. I see why this type of ideas didnt took off.

Ditto

why did you ditto something i already proved wrong?? also why didnt you answer that other dude who proved you wrong when you changed your stance? really you nintendo fans need to grow up. youre making us real old school/hardcore gamers look bad.

your personal opinion proves nothing right or wrong. That's a waggle sensor, not a motion sensor device.

Viper1 said:
I'll say this again. You can only patent a method, not an idea.

Wii Remote and Nunchuk, Wand and nunchwand(?) doesn't look veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery similar methods?

Oh yes they do. 

Around the Network

Bamboleo, you must be under the impression that A) Sony is using the same name and B) that the entirety of the electronics and design will be exactly the same.

I'm confused why you think both of these are true when they most obviously are not.

A method, in relation to a patent, deals with the intricate details of the process used to create and generate a product. And if a system has enough prior art or previous patents licensed out, you can't patent the system anyway. The analog control attachment unit that Sony is planning to use for their Arc/Gem will use different chips, different analog control stick technology, different button set up, etc....

Point blank, it's not similar enough to take a case to court. As I stated before, I own a few patents. I've been though the process, paid the fees, read the books, done my research....I even have patent lawyer.

And this is all coming from a die hard 32 year old Nintendo fan. I know this, Nintendo knows this, Sony knows this and now you know this too. What you do with this factual knowledge now is up to you.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

because sony aren't imitating nintendo?

NINTENDO did influence them in making it a gaming peripheral, I am sure they didn't intend on releasing "PS ARC" yet anyway..

mM
demitri55 said:

i couldnt stay here all morning , even tho your replies are amusing.Did you find the document where nintendo references Goschi`s patent?I hope so. you couldnt prove a single thing of your statements i guess.

@leo-j

wii came out 2005/2006 i dont understand why people will think sony ripped off the nintendo wii-mote if it wasnt even out?? the video also claims its 2004. not only that but talk of motion controls have been out befor 2000 (pat goschy) and before him.

ugh people really need to stop this. this is why im neutral i dont affiliate myself with fanboys. who knows pat goschy patent or tech demo inspired sony to make their own motion control devices.. oh yes, playstation eye and sixaxis

I dont think nintendo even cares about it , cuz you see , they will come up with something so beyond that , that dont worth the money to this ...

Also you cant patent something like this it would be like someone that make a patent for TV ... all you can do is protect the method of how its done, but you can always try to do it , but nintendo wont give a darm for what MS and Sony are doing nintendo is all ready 5 years ahead anyways ...besides nintendo also had define how traditional controller are with the nes controller and they did sue anyone , so why the hell do it now ?

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!