By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why can't Nintendo just sue Sony for imitation?

btw nintendo patents for wiimote belong to the company Giration , NOT this Goshy guy.

Around the Network

because the courts aren't ruled by nintendo fans.

intro94 said:
demitri55 said:
@bamboleo

i think your bias. just cause its sony they are copying?? how about if nintendo copied this?? and this is from 1999/2000

sorry, if the wii mote were just 2 waggling detectors i dont think it would have worked similarly to motion detection. The case here is that both Wand and WM+ track full movement with the aid of sensors. Not just acceleration.In fact...I doubt ninty looked at this way back.The fact is you cant do anything wii mote related with that kind of tech in the video. Shooters?comon. Swordplay?Really? it doesnt tracks movement.Just records waggling. I see why this type of ideas didnt took off.

Ditto

intro94 said:
btw nintendo patents for wiimote belong to the company Giration , NOT this Goshy guy.

oh my god you dont know how to argue. when nintendo/giration (or who ever you want to bring up) patent the wii-mote they made a reference to goshy patents period. so you cant say the wii-mote wasnt inspired or copied from this. also suing someone takes planning you cant sue and show up to court disorganized. you need files/reports, witnesess, lawyers, key people, etc..

Bamboleo said:
intro94 said:
demitri55 said:
@bamboleo

i think your bias. just cause its sony they are copying?? how about if nintendo copied this?? and this is from 1999/2000

sorry, if the wii mote were just 2 waggling detectors i dont think it would have worked similarly to motion detection. The case here is that both Wand and WM+ track full movement with the aid of sensors. Not just acceleration.In fact...I doubt ninty looked at this way back.The fact is you cant do anything wii mote related with that kind of tech in the video. Shooters?comon. Swordplay?Really? it doesnt tracks movement.Just records waggling. I see why this type of ideas didnt took off.

Ditto

why did you ditto something i already proved wrong?? also why didnt you answer that other dude who proved you wrong when you changed your stance? really you nintendo fans need to grow up. youre making us real old school/hardcore gamers look bad.

Around the Network
Bamboleo said:
intro94 said:
demitri55 said:
@bamboleo

Ditto

again i repeat myself. Nintendo Motion sensing patents were developed by the company Gyration(a company that existed before this Goshy guy), A COMPANY INVOLVED IN MOTION SENSING FOR 18 years. Nintendo aproached them in 2001. And paid them, and hired them to work with them.And paid for their use of THEIR patents.

So choice one:
Nintendo, as stated officially, aproached Gyration-a company that focused in motion controls and devices- and co-developed the wiimote.

choice 2.
Nintendo aproaches midway, hides the fact, falsely ackwnoledges Gyration, which by coincidence did have motion patents prior 2000, pays Gyration even tho it had to pay Midway and this fella. Just for kicks you know.Midway keeps it quiet, and dont care , 10 years later Goshy decides to sue in a complicated case.

Choice are officinal statements. Choice b are a bunch of rumors.It was most likely a -passing coincidence-i give props to goshy for coming with a similar idea back then, but comon.

What we talk about here are similar control schemes, motion-acceleration and sensors.

intro94 said:
Bamboleo said:
intro94 said:
demitri55 said:
@bamboleo

Ditto

again i repeat myself. Nintendo Motion sensing patents were developed by the company Gyration(a company that existed before this Goshy guy), A COMPANY INVOLVED IN MOTION SENSING FOR 18 years. Nintendo aproached them in 2001. And paid them, and hired them to work with them.And paid for their use of THEIR patents.

So choice one:
Nintendo, as stated officially, aproached Gyration-a company that focused in motion controls and devices- and co-developed the wiimote.

choice 2.
Nintendo aproaches midway, hides the fact, falsely ackwnoledges Gyration, which by coincidence did have motion patents prior 2000, pays Gyration even tho it had to pay Midway and this fella. Just for kicks you know.Midway keeps it quiet, and dont care , 10 years later Goshy decides to sue in a complicated case.

Choice are officinal statements. Choice b are a bunch of rumors.It was most likely a -passing coincidence-i give props to goshy for coming with a similar idea back then, but comon.

What we talk about here are similar control schemes, motion-acceleration and sensors.

and when nintendo/gyriation or who ever you want to bring up 'ILL REPEAT MYSELF' they made a reference to goshy patents. which is rumored to have been sold to nintendo by midway and then later goshy was fired to avoid being payed royalties. this is why goshy is planning on suing nintendo and ex-midway founders. you cant say the wii-mote wasnt inspired or copied off of this when nintendo or gyiration REFERENCE goshy patents. when you reference someone elses patents it means you are 'using or building from an existing product or idea'.

basically, we are focusing in design here, WAND and NUNCHUK. certainly Sony idea looks a lot closer to the wii mote than anything else.Like the video guy.We can argue that we cant really copyright that, and thats why Sony could copy the idea mostly without any legal threat and thats fair.So i doubt theres a case on that topic for now.

intro94 said:
basically, we are focusing in design here, WAND and NUNCHUK. certainly Sony idea looks a lot closer to the wii mote than anything else.Like the video guy.We can argue that we cant really copyright that, and thats why Sony could copy the idea mostly without any legal threat and thats fair.So i doubt theres a case on that topic for now.

its funny you and boleo keep ignoring or changing your stance when ya are proving wrong LOL. how does it look like the wii-mote and nun-chck? come on give me the similarities. oh thats right you dont even know how the ps3 arc nun-chuck looks like or if it's even a nun-chuck. sony never officially stated "nun-chucks" that was journalists.

Same idea, different implementation. Camera is console-side based, and most (all?) of the motion reading is done by the cameras, not by tilt or accelorometers.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.