By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FXIII shortage for ps3?

demitri55 said:
that's just ps3 version outselling the 360 version. which makes ms look like fools for buying exclusive ad rights (hm would think they learn from time exclusives)

The PS3 version was bound to outsell it anyway. MS pushing ads for it was probably just a counter effort to make customers realize the game was multiplatform and they didn't need to buy a PS3 for it, and to also bring the sales difference closer.

And indeed to hopefully bring lage enough sales for the 360 version that Squarenix wouldn't be considering a PS3 exclusive in the future.

Around the Network

In Amazon Final Fantasy XIII for PS3 is the TOP seller... and Final Fantasy XIII for PS3 is below God of War III (preorder).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/videogames/

twesterm said:

By game stores do you mean Game Stop? Because if so, that's your problem. Go to Best Buy or Wal-Mart.

It's not-so-much shortage, it's they only order 1-2 extra copies because they want you to preorder.  The loads of 360 versions you've seen could very well be ones that people have preordered (and I wouldn't put it past the typical Gamestop employee lying to you and telling you that those are for sale).

-edit-

And on the topic of PS3 shortages and Gamestop, when I replaced my old PS3 with a slim last weekend I encountered one of the terrible type of employees!  I went to my usual Gamestop where they know not to bother me with preorders and crap to buy the PS3 but they were out.  Typically, I would just go to Wal-Mart or Best Buy but I had $100+ in credit so I needed to go to Gamestop.

The only one nearby that had a PS3 was one I had never been to before but was still close.  I went to that one, asked for the PS3, he asked me if I wanted games to go with it and I told him no, I'm just replacing my old PS3.

He proceeded to bother me five minutes about not preordering anything else, not buying controllers, not getting any games to go with it.  Fuck man, I just want to get my PS3 and get out of there.  I obviously already have games for it so leave me the Hell alone.

Needless to say I'm not going back to that Gamestop.

Happened to me to buying my ps3 without any games... Seems some employees are instructed to harass people.

OT: got 2... bought one yesterday and got my pre-order today so if anyone is interested...

twesterm said:
darthdevidem01 said:
GAME & Gamestation in my town had a total SELL OUT of the PS3 version

me n my friend went in (he wanted to get it)

& they were picking up the PS3 cases from the shelves to basically imply its not in stock

we asked them & they said, no shipments for a few days

Wow...what a screw up

If GAME and Gamestation are anything like Gamestop, it's their policy to order very few extras for a game, even a huge one.  They want customers to think they can't get the game unless they preorder it.

It's a shitty policy.

That just sounds like bad business for Gamestop eventhough they're big.  I just seems like they just lost themselves some sales and costumers just to maintain that shitty policy. 

My EBgames (same as and is owned by Gamestop) sells some of their games like $5-10 more than that of Bestbuy or Walmart, and that already turn costumers away, as well their used games are hardly cheaper then a new, and now to add in this shitty policy makes me wonder how does it stay in business?

Damn, i went to game stop and Walmart and the ps3 version was sold out they said and the nearest Best buy is 30 miles away from me.
:(

Around the Network

I picked mine up midnight at Wal*Mart, spending a total of ten minutes in line before walking out the store with my copy. No hour long wait at GameStop for me. They had about the same number of PS3 and 360 copies but they sold out of the PS3 version with some people leaving a bit unhappy.

WTF, i just check best but online for my area and you can't choose in store pick up for the PS3 but you can for the 360. Did stores not oder enough for the PS3 or did it really sell out that fast?

PSN: GripnRip

Always up to game.

Get your Portable ID!

PS3 version sold out at my local Future Shop, Best Buy, EB Games and Wal-Mart....went to check when I read this thread earlier although I pre-ordered mine online. I still have to wait till Friday until they deliver it though :(

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

Anyone in Canada have trouble finding a copy? I might have been lucky when I got it early this morning.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

The 3 Best Buys by me had about 30 copies of each version, so no problems with supply here. There were a steady flow of people coming in to get them but it seems they had enough. Plus that was only on the shelves, Best Buy has a tendency to put a bunch behind the customer service desk for when people bring in their preorder reciepts.