By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FXIII shortage for ps3?

ljigga said:
nightsurge said:
Smashed said:
Or... It's outselling the 360 version?

Seems more likely as the more we hear from Canadians that the PS3 shipments were just delayed or limited in size.  Someone messed up.

If they shipped 5milli, I dont see how it is possible that there would be a delay in PS3 shipments only, pretty sure it is just outselling the 360 version....unless that is what you were trying to say and I misinterpreted it.

Well it outselling the 360 version was a given.  I'm just saying that the more and more we hear from Canadians vs. the rest of the world it seems only Canada has this issue, which leads me to believe somewhere along the lines the distributors messed up.  Square would still have shipped 5 million copies because those go to the distributors, not directly to the retailers.

Around the Network

5 million is WW... then counts 2M shipped and almost sold to Japan.

For America and Europe only 3M shipped... 2M for PS3 and 1M for 360???

ethomaz said:
5 million is WW... then counts 2M shipped and almost sold to Japan.

For America and Europe only 3M shipped... 2M for PS3 and 1M for 360???

Right, I think people are confused with the shipment numbers. Seems like everyone thinks that there 5mil shipped to NA and EU

nightsurge said:
ljigga said:
nightsurge said:
Smashed said:

Seems more likely as the more we hear from Canadians that the PS3 shipments were just delayed or limited in size.  Someone messed up.

If they shipped 5milli, I dont see how it is possible that there would be a delay in PS3 shipments only, pretty sure it is just outselling the 360 version....unless that is what you were trying to say and I misinterpreted it.

Well it outselling the 360 version was a given.  I'm just saying that the more and more we hear from Canadians vs. the rest of the world it seems only Canada has this issue, which leads me to believe somewhere along the lines the distributors messed up.  Square would still have shipped 5 million copies because those go to the distributors, not directly to the retailers.

Ahh thanks for clearing that up. Seems to be the opposite issue in the states as some retailers are giving away gift cards with the 360 version....

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

ljigga said:
nightsurge said:
ljigga said:
nightsurge said:
Smashed said:

Ahh thanks for clearing that up. Seems to be the opposite issue in the states as some retailers are giving away gift cards with the 360 version....

Is it only with the 360 version?  I've heard of gift card offers but thought they were for both.  So far in the states I've been hearing more of the 360 version being sold/sold out than the PS3 version.  If the gift card is just for the 360 version that could be part of it.

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
ljigga said:
nightsurge said:
ljigga said:
nightsurge said:
Smashed said:

Is it only with the 360 version?  I've heard of gift card offers but thought they were for both.  So far in the states I've been hearing more of the 360 version being sold/sold out than the PS3 version.  If the gift card is just for the 360 version that could be part of it.

Hopefully someone will confirm that as im all the way up in Canada ^_^

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

twesterm said:
darthdevidem01 said:
GAME & Gamestation in my town had a total SELL OUT of the PS3 version

me n my friend went in (he wanted to get it)

& they were picking up the PS3 cases from the shelves to basically imply its not in stock

we asked them & they said, no shipments for a few days

Wow...what a screw up

If GAME and Gamestation are anything like Gamestop, it's their policy to order very few extras for a game, even a huge one.  They want customers to think they can't get the game unless they preorder it.

It's a shitty policy.

actually its our policy to order more games if we have preorders for it, halo wars we got 120 preorders we got 220 copies ff13 ps2 we got 60 preorders we got 72, ff13 360 we got 42 preorders and 50 copies.

so if you want a game then show there is demand for it in your store and preorder it, otherwise they will think no one in the area wants it and will send it to other stores that show promising demand.

The game's been selling out big time on both systems out here in Vancouver, Canada. It honestly baffles me that square would under-ship this game, especially when the competition is so strong. Sega pulled the same stupid stunt with Bayonetta around here, game sold out immediately, and didn't get restocked for weeks. 

Looks like stores have already been restocking (and possibly immediately selling out again).

On a side note, really disappointed with the terrible artifacting in the 360 version. Pathetic square was too cheap to spring for another disc or two to do proper CG videos, they look terrible on 360 most of the time. Seriously, I don't even care if I have to change discs every 4-5 hours, Im not that lazy.