By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Analyst predicts 127m PS3 sales

Kenny said:

To the analyst: I believe the proper phrase here is, 'you fail'.

This topic calls for a classic!

LOL...that's funny!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

^ I agree!

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Viper1 said:
Blue3 said:
I'll believe a real analyst over a bunch of forum gamer kids any day. According to most of you PS3 was to die long long time ago.

Strategy Analytics [Jul-05] (Worldwide Through 2012)
Sony PS3 - 121.8 million (61%)
Xbox 360 - 58.8 million (30%)
Nintendo Wii - 18 million (9%)
Total - 198.6 million

Strategy Analytics [Nov-06] (Worldwide Through 2012)
Sony PS3 - 121.8 million (59.47%)
Xbox 360 - 59.7 million (29.15%)
Nintendo Wii - 23.3 million (11.38%)
Total - 204.8 million

Well, you can keep believing them if you want to.

Whoa. Hadn't noticed those old predictions before.

Yeah, it sounds to me like someone needs to check the baby for diaper rash, because there's clearly some butthurt going on.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Blue3 said:
I'll believe a real analyst over a bunch of forum gamer kids any day. According to most of you PS3 was to die long long time ago.

I would believe a monkey before I believe anything an analyst says.

These analysts make me laugh as much as stand up comedy. I wish the PS3 well, but all I can say is mmhmmm whatever and O Noes the Wii is doomed!

Around the Network

PS3 will surely surpassed Xbox 360, it has shown its technological superiority in Uncharteds 2, FF13, GOW3, again and again, DVD simply is last gen. With the release of DC Universe, PS3 might attract new fans in the form of MMRPG.

But Wii? Wii is in another realm entirely, nobody can beat Wii except maybe Wii2. Parents will still buy Nintendo for their kids caused it is safe from all those sex and blood, adults will continue to buy Wii hoping to slim down 5kgs and then play for once or 2 and put them in the closet. PS3 will not beat Wii, not even with Arc.

dtewi said:
Oh my god! Blue3!

Exciting isn't it, maybe HUS and  Kwaad will comeback as well and things could get really crazy ps3 support

Weezy and artofangels should come back, that'd be a heaping helping of awesome

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give him a big slap and make him come back to reality.

Bookmarked for future fun.

No legit reason it wont happen.

Soon enough PS3 will be selling 18/20 million a year, and voila.

Hus said:
Bookmarked for future fun.

No legit reason it wont happen.

Soon enough PS3 will be selling 18/20 million a year, and voila.

wow, anyone ever watch surf ninja's, I'm getting that kind of feeling here

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!