By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What system will Final Fantasy XIII sell better on?

What system will Final Fantasy XIII sell better on?

Playstation 3 427 94.26%

Xbox 360 26 5.74%

Total:453
Tridrakious said:
dobby985 said:
kowhoho said:
Agreed, Tridrakious. I honestly have no idea why Square decided to "leave" Sony. They really haven't given as much support to the PS3 as you would think they would, after their success with the PS2.

They didn't "leave" Sony at all. They just went multi-platform.

That's probably why the leave was in quotations.

So kowhoho has no idea why Square went multiplatform? I can answer that.

To make money.

Around the Network

Do people here actually think FFXIII will sell more on xbox in NA???

COME ON!!!! Look at PS3 to sell it 2:1 in NA (AT LEAST)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

19 people actually believe it will sell better on the 360?

Really?

I was at EBgames to pick up my copy of FFXIII today, and so I asked, what was the ratio of PS3 to 360 sales?

They said No comparison, the PS3 copy was SOLD OUT, meanwhile I saw a shitload of 360 copies on the shelf :)

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

ohshutyourmouth said:

I know EVERYBODY is thinkin, Ps3 due to the fact that final fantasy goes back with the playstation family. HOWEVER. Remember a game called Grand Theft Auto 4? That game went ways back on ps2 and ps1; and look what sold more total sales.I dont think, choice has nothing to do with what WAS back in the day and is Now. And short answer, yes , 360 has a larger install base so the question remains....... Which system will it sell better on? what do u guys think without any fanboyism influenced answers?

Welcome to today's installment of know your user base today children we are going to talk about the difference between a sandbox shooter like grand theft auto 4 and japanese rpg's like final fantasy 13 the biggest one being that oh yeah japanese rpg's do bad on the 360 because the user base gobbles up shooters like cheap crack whores not that it is a bad thing mind you, but seriously comparing gta4 to final fantasy is kinda stupid.

This is a site that tracks software and hardware numbers why dont you go research there sherlock in addition to the fact that ff13 is exclusive in japan giving it a distinct total number advantage as stated before jrpg's historically do better on the ps3 despite a lower harware count. 

Somtimes i think people just make up these threads to annoy and push up there posts total i agree with what anothere poster wrote can we lock some of these threads there are 2 many of these ff13 threads.

Around the Network

So I just walked out of Toys R Us and typing this on my phone. I asked the guy if they had any copies of Final Fantasy XIII and he said yes, we have both. I asked him which one has been selling more today. He said the 360 version. He points at the shelf and says this row was full, now there is only 2 left. Then he points at the PS3 version. They had 6 left. He said for some reason that one isn't as popular. Then I see one FFXIII bundle on the shelf. I ask him if they sold a lot of those today. He said they had 4. Now only 1 left. Then he tells me that I get a $13 gift card for free if I get the game. Also if I buy the strategy guide with the game, the strategy guide will only be $13. So I pick up the 360 game and strategy guide.

When I heard him say that the 360 was selling more, it surprised the crap outta me. Then I got an erection and jizzed in my pants.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
xenogears1234 said:
ohshutyourmouth said:

I know EVERYBODY is thinkin, Ps3 due to the fact that final fantasy goes back with the playstation family. HOWEVER. Remember a game called Grand Theft Auto 4? That game went ways back on ps2 and ps1; and look what sold more total sales.I dont think, choice has nothing to do with what WAS back in the day and is Now. And short answer, yes , 360 has a larger install base so the question remains....... Which system will it sell better on? what do u guys think without any fanboyism influenced answers?

Welcome to today's installment of know your user base today children we are going to talk about the difference between a sandbox shooter like grand theft auto 4 and japanese rpg's like final fantasy 13 the biggest one being that oh yeah japanese rpg's do bad on the 360 because the user base gobbles up shooters like cheap crack whores not that it is a bad thing mind you, but seriously comparing gta4 to final fantasy is kinda stupid.

This is a site that tracks software and hardware numbers why dont you go research there sherlock in addition to the fact that ff13 is exclusive in japan giving it a distinct total number advantage as stated before jrpg's historically do better on the ps3 despite a lower harware count. 

Somtimes i think people just make up these threads to annoy and push up there posts total i agree with what anothere poster wrote can we lock some of these threads there are 2 many of these ff13 threads

Yeah and with Japan being the best region for final fantasy games as percentage of console owners buying the game and selling a whole lot there it's a silly comparison.

Also when GTA4 was anounced it there was going to be exclusie content for the 360 that swayed many people.  Although even without that it might have sold more than the ps3 version but it would have been closer.  Even if ff13 were on the 360 in Japan I don't think it would make up the differenec of how they will sell.  maybe instead of GTA4 you should have thought of games like RE5

dobby985 said:
Tridrakious said:
dobby985 said:
kowhoho said:
Agreed, Tridrakious. I honestly have no idea why Square decided to "leave" Sony. They really haven't given as much support to the PS3 as you would think they would, after their success with the PS2.

They didn't "leave" Sony at all. They just went multi-platform.

That's probably why the leave was in quotations.

So kowhoho has no idea why Square went multiplatform? I can answer that.

To make money.

Well obviously. Problem is, Squeenix saw the respective install bases of the PS3 and 360 in Americas and perhaps automatically assumed it would sell just as well on both platforms, which I dont' see happening. Who knows if the multiplatform decision will be very profitable. For instance, the game is exclusive to the PS3 in Japan because the 360 is almost non-existent there. European sales will probably be even more skewed towards the PS3 than American sales. We'll see.

I survived the Apocalyps3

Ghazi4 said:
halil23 said:
mrpink said:
halil23 said:
mrpink said:
we'll just have to see because the 360 has higher buying power meaning more people have that console who buy more games, who altogether could increase ff13 sales on the 360, don't forget that many people who played final fantasy games probably by now has a 360 and they probably love their achievements and they probably prefer disc art unlike ps3 where its just one disc, the 360 for $60 bucks gets you 4 or 5 discs so i mean for the 360 version you definitely get more discs for the money at a cost of convenience without loading it to the hard-drive,

lol, having 4 - 5 discs is convenience!!! You sure live in a strange world... >_>

of course its not convenient as i stated when you dont unload it,

Doesn't matter either way it still inconvenience!!!

seriously who wants 5 discs with bad quality where u can get it all for 1 disc at same price + better quality?

bad quality? is that your statement, i agree its a little lower in quality, and to hal 4-5 disc install is a good work out for me,

pbroy said:

So I just walked out of Toys R Us and typing this on my phone. I asked the guy if they had any copies of Final Fantasy XIII and he said yes, we have both. I asked him which one has been selling more today. He said the 360 version. He points at the shelf and says this row was full, now there is only 2 left. Then he points at the PS3 version. They had 6 left. He said for some reason that one isn't as popular. Then I see one FFXIII bundle on the shelf. I ask him if they sold a lot of those today. He said they had 4. Now only 1 left. Then he tells me that I get a $13 gift card for free if I get the game. Also if I buy the strategy guide with the game, the strategy guide will only be $13. So I pick up the 360 game and strategy guide.

When I heard him say that the 360 was selling more, it surprised the crap outta me. Then I got an erection and jizzed in my pants.

Pics or it didn't happen

Seriously though, if you just posted this than possibly:  The guy probably wasn't working when the store first opened and they could have started with twice as many PS3 copies as 360 copies (the EB store I got mine at had 200 PS3 copies, all sold out and 100 360 copies and still had some on the shelves) so if there were only 6 ps3 copies and 2 360 copies it would mean that the PS3 sold most of their copies before the guy started his shift :P

I know this is just speculation, but without all the facts...

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos