By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Why Ad Blocking is devastating to the sites you love

And I enjoy the Evony Ads by the way. Thumbs up on those. But the Dog-Human Hybrid, bleck.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network

My internet isn't the best in the world. So it is either I use the blocker and at least be able to use the site, or I can't use it at all due to the damned adds.

Wagram said:
Signalstar said:
SaviorX said:
Signalstar said:
I have never used ad blocker. I am a good boy.

You got a little...you got a little brown stain on your nose.

>_> Shut up. I'm trying to get back in the boss' good graces. He probably hates me after lastweeks podcast.

But she's dead. ; ;

way to spoil MGS just as I was about to play through the collection for the first time. *throws game in fire*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

@IOI
thank you for letting us know
@all others

the cost of running the site has to be paid for

Note; paying not to get ads could work for some

I would be mad too if I was losing 25% of my profit due to ad block, but until you actually do block content to those with ad block they are not going to stop.

If ads didn't slow down my internet so much I wouldn't mind turning ad block off for this site. But, they do slow the site down considerably.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

I just cant seem to let this go..

This is basicly - "buhu, our business model dosen't work, and its your fault".

Its like crying because people don't want to talk to you when you're working at a telemarketing company. - "Its your fault I can't do my interview". Id say you're looking at it the wrong way. It can be viewed as a two way street.

You're basicly saying that "Here's our product, buy it or get out" - but the 'customers' can also go "this is what we're interested in, provide it and we'll buy it".

A subscription plan can be one of those deals. Just look at Spotify for example, ad free premium subscription and higher quality service.

The thing that bothers me the most is the attitude. Its a real - F you, give us money! Because we think we deserve it!

Further on, when this site was started did you all go "Oh crap, we have page views.. its going to cost us. Lets demand a return on our service!" - Most likely no. You were all excited as the site progressed and more users found your site, more oppertunities presented themselves. Its just as of late that you found out that there's money to make, or that expanding costs money. But to go out and say "why should we care about you!?" and later practically ask for hand outs just because you feel you deserve it.. is just bad business.

You need to figure out how to get income, and not blame the community that makes your product what it is for not accepting the product for what it is.

STEKSTAV said:
I just cant seem to let this go..

This is basicly - "buhu, our business model dosen't work, and its your fault".

Its like crying because people don't want to talk to you when you're working at a telemarketing company. - "Its your fault I can't do my interview". Id say you're looking at it the wrong way. It can be viewed as a two way street.

You're basicly saying that "Here's our product, buy it or get out" - but the 'customers' can also go "this is what we're interested in, provide it and we'll buy it".

A subscription plan can be one of those deals. Just look at Spotify for example, ad free premium subscription and higher quality service.

The thing that bothers me the most is the attitude. Its a real - F you, give us money! Because we think we deserve it!

Further on, when this site was started did you all go "Oh crap, we have page views.. its going to cost us. Lets demand a return on our service!" - Most likely no. You were all excited as the site progressed and more users found your site, more oppertunities presented themselves. Its just as of late that you found out that there's money to make, or that expanding costs money. But to go out and say "why should we care about you!?" and later practically ask for hand outs just because you feel you deserve it.. is just bad business.

You need to figure out how to get income, and not blame the community that makes your product what it is for not accepting the product for what it is.

there is a massive difference in how this place is ran now though. Staff members actually get paid now. We used to work for FREE. We are now officially a fully licensed company. Not just a website. So as we change, so does how we earn money. While I agree Brett sounds a bit harsh. I put everything stated nicely.

ssj12 said:

There are ways you guys who dont want to turn off your ad-blockers can help prevent us from enforcing anti-ad-blocker policies.

It is quite easy actually. Support us. Use Digg, Red Dot, N4G, Stumble on our articles, reviews, and editorials. Get our content known. Buy gamers t-shirts. We aren't saying buy more than one, more the better but still, one per person here would greatly help. Buy games, music, movies, etc through our amazon store links featured in the game release date section of this site.

Also for those who do not want to buy anything from our sponsor links or spread word of this site to the masses. Disable your ad-blocker. I have the Ad-Blocker-Plus add-on for firefox installed. There is an, option to disable it for this site. Do it.

So pretty much, support us, or lose access to this site till you disable your ad-blocker on this site.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Looks like i'll be heading back to kotaku then :/

Wagram said:

you could do as I said and support us in the ways listed.. prevent this entire thing.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
Wagram said:

you could do as I said and support us in the ways listed.. prevent this entire thing.

I would, but the ads stress my internet too much where it becomes unbearable. I live out in the sticks, so good internet isn't available unfortunately.