By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Heavy Rain Plot [Major Spoilers!!!]

Heavy Rain Plot [Major Spoilers!!!]

Total:0

Shelby saved Mrs. Bowles because without her he would have to rip open the whole house to find the cell phone.

Similarly the same could be said for the other victims if you played it that way. He once was a victim of cruelty too (this is really cool if you always chose the sympathize option) and knows their psychology and how to take advantage of them.

Around the Network

Serial Killers who follow a strict code dont kill people who don't fit their code unless they REALLY have to, in this case Scott felt no one fitted the code or were truely necessary.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ajescent said:
Serial Killers who follow a strict code dont kill people who don't fit their code unless they REALLY have to, in this case Scott felt no one fitted the code or were truely necessary.

Manfred?

Who?

I admit I'm basing my "knowledge" on consumed media e.g tv, films books etc not reality so...¬_¬

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Kantor said:
Those are hardly plot holes. The first one, Scott isn't a psycopathic monster, he just wants to find devoted fathers. And the second one could just be a coverup. Criminals getting killed without a trial leads to negative public opinion.

Try these:

1) How does Madison know Scott? Why does she recoil in shock upon hearing his name?
2) Why do Scott's thoughts never suggest that he is the Origami Killer, and indeed, prove the contrary?
3) What exactly does Ethan DO during his daily blackout?

As for Scott...do you really think he would kill you? The ONE MAN willing to risk everything, endanger himself, to kill, even to DIE for his son, and you think Scott would shoot him?

#1 - I think she tells Madison "His name is Scott, but people know him as Scott Shelby" or just "Scott Shelby" or something along those lines...and she recognizes the name because he was the chief of police or some shite like that.

#2 - I'm guessing this is because they want to cover it from the player till the end, although I thought it was EXTREMELY stupid too.

#3 - MAJOR plothole lol. He walks around making Origami figures lol cause everytime he blanks out he magically has an Origami in his hand (even before Shaun is kidnapped). 

And yes I'm pretty sure he was going to kill him, Jayden and Madison cause they knew his identity, no?

Around the Network
Ajescent said:

Who?

I admit I'm basing my "knowledge" on consumed media e.g tv, films books etc not reality so...¬_¬

An old dude Scott kills in the typewriter store in order to cover his identity from Lauren.

I have to say the game has major plot issues it seems.

oh, I guess that could count as necessisty can't it?

perpride said:
Kantor said:
Those are hardly plot holes. The first one, Scott isn't a psycopathic monster, he just wants to find devoted fathers. And the second one could just be a coverup. Criminals getting killed without a trial leads to negative public opinion.

Try these:

1) How does Madison know Scott? Why does she recoil in shock upon hearing his name?
2) Why do Scott's thoughts never suggest that he is the Origami Killer, and indeed, prove the contrary?
3) What exactly does Ethan DO during his daily blackout?

As for Scott...do you really think he would kill you? The ONE MAN willing to risk everything, endanger himself, to kill, even to DIE for his son, and you think Scott would shoot him?

#1 - I think she tells Madison "His name is Scott, but people know him as Scott Shelby" or just "Scott Shelby" or something along those lines...and she recognizes the name because he was the chief of police or some shite like that.

#2 - I'm guessing this is because they want to cover it from the player till the end, although I thought it was EXTREMELY stupid too.

#3 - MAJOR plothole lol. He walks around making Origami figures lol cause everytime he blanks out he magically has an Origami in his hand (even before Shaun is kidnapped). 

And yes I'm pretty sure he was going to kill him, Jayden and Madison cause they knew his identity, no?

1) He was a police officer, yes. But then how does she know where he lives? It could make sense, if she met him before the events of the game, but it's never explained, and it would have been really simple to do so.

2) I suppose there's nothing they could have done, except make his thoughts more vague.

3) Wanders around on the street in the middle of the night, dodges a car, makes an origami figure and ends up back where he started >_>

I really enjoyed the game, and the plot, but the latter was riddled with more holes than Swiss cheese.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Some of Scott's thought were out an out cheating, him saying he hopes the rain stops soon and he doesn't know anything about making origami (or was that Ethan?) was just lame.

Ajescent said:
Some of Scott's thought were out an out cheating, him saying he hopes the rain stops soon and he doesn't know anything about making origami (or was that Ethan?) was just lame.

*Scott's thoughts before you walk into Mrs. Bowles house* The house of the family of the latest victim of the Origami Killer. Maybe they can help me out.* or someshit like that.

Help you out with what? Finding yourself?