By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Heavy Rain Plot [Major Spoilers!!!]

Heavy Rain Plot [Major Spoilers!!!]

Total:0

I suck so much at this game I lost it big time towards the end, I mangaed to kill three of my characters, but at least I saved shawn, I still can't believe it was shelby...

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network
jneul said:
I suck so much at this game I lost it big time towards the end, I mangaed to kill three of my characters, but at least I saved shawn, I still can't believe it was shelby...

O.o

You really had that much trouble with the quick time events?

dragonmagician said:
I hated the scene with Manfred. I think they should have left it out.

There was no way that Scott had time to disappear from Lauren's sight (he is a big man), grab a typewriter, hit Manfred with a typewriter (making sure no blood gets on him), put down typewriter, pick up the phone, dial 911, and go back to the same position he was in; all the while Lauren is still looking at the music box.

good point. this brings me to another point that I only remember now that I read your post.

why would Scott kill Manfred then call the cops? Seems kind of pointless. If he killed him, why not just say all the stuff eh said to Lauren, wipe their prints, then get out of there?

Akvod said:
jneul said:

O.o

You really had that much trouble with the quick time events?

yes towards the end they got really hard lol, oh well at least next time i will know in advance what is going to happen, maybe i will, be able to save them all next time.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

@perpride.

That part I understood (I think). Scott didn't want Lauren to find the list of names, and by calling the cops, it forced them to leave the store fast.

But the plan didn't work, as the first thing Lauren did when she saw the body was to look for the book. You can see at this point that Scott tries to talk her out of it. Scott was probably going to look for the book when he is wiping the fingerprints, while Lauren looks out for the cops at the front of the door.

Around the Network

I don't think the scene where Madison is shocked to find out the killers name is much of an issue. She's a reporter covering the case so it would stand to reason that she would know that a private investigator was working on it. It also seems reasonable that knowing this she would have asked him questions at some point regarding the case, perhaps explaining how she knew where he lived?

Ethan finding the oragami figures after his blackouts are probably the biggest issue I have with the plot. The only idea I can come up with is that his guilt of loosing Jason lead him to believe that he was the killer and so during his blackouts he made the oragami figures to satisfy this subconscious belief?

dragonmagician said:
@perpride.

That part I understood (I think). Scott didn't want Lauren to find the list of names, and by calling the cops, it forced them to leave the store fast.

But the plan didn't work, as the first thing Lauren did when she saw the body was to look for the book. You can see at this point that Scott tries to talk her out of it. Scott was probably going to look for the book when he is wiping the fingerprints, while Lauren looks out for the cops at the front of the door.

that son of a bitch!

perpride said:
dragonmagician said:
I hated the scene with Manfred. I think they should have left it out.

There was no way that Scott had time to disappear from Lauren's sight (he is a big man), grab a typewriter, hit Manfred with a typewriter (making sure no blood gets on him), put down typewriter, pick up the phone, dial 911, and go back to the same position he was in; all the while Lauren is still looking at the music box.

good point. this brings me to another point that I only remember now that I read your post.

why would Scott kill Manfred then call the cops? Seems kind of pointless. If he killed him, why not just say all the stuff eh said to Lauren, wipe their prints, then get out of there?

Why even go to Manfred to begin with?  They were looking for the guy who own that typewriter that typed the letter to Lauren.  Knowing what we know now, Scott shouldn't have gone there unless he was tying up loose ends or implicate himself.

hduser said:

Why even go to Manfred to begin with?  They were looking for the guy who own that typewriter that typed the letter to Lauren.  Knowing what we know now, Scott shouldn't have gone there unless he was tying up loose ends or implicate himself.

Uhh, that was the whole point of Scott "investigating", he was trying to tie up loose ends.  Hence why he visited all the victims' family and asked if there was any evidence, stuff like that.  He noticed that the typewriter might have been something to tie back to him, so he went to visit Manfred to dispose of evidence.

Kantor said:
Those are hardly plot holes. The first one, Scott isn't a psycopathic monster, he just wants to find devoted fathers. And the second one could just be a coverup. Criminals getting killed without a trial leads to negative public opinion.

Try these:

1) How does Madison know Scott? Why does she recoil in shock upon hearing his name?
2) Why do Scott's thoughts never suggest that he is the Origami Killer, and indeed, prove the contrary?
3) What exactly does Ethan DO during his daily blackout?

As for Scott...do you really think he would kill you? The ONE MAN willing to risk everything, endanger himself, to kill, even to DIE for his son, and you think Scott would shoot him?

Hahahaha, he runs around killing children just so he can test the fathers. Thats not something a normal person would do, but it is something a sociopath would.

Ajescent said:
Serial Killers who follow a strict code dont kill people who don't fit their code unless they REALLY have to, in this case Scott felt no one fitted the code or were truely necessary.

Thats not how it works in real life. Serial killers target specific people because it fulfills thier fantaasies, i.e. white blonde chicks with long legs. Few serial killers follow a code.

But really the motivation of the charaters is one of the bigger issues with the plot. Of course with Shelby they had to hide everything from the player until the end, just so it could be a surprise, but in the proscess they've made the ending an unbelievable mess of deus ex machina.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"